Indy F1? by bHooper
Started on: 02-26-2000 12:28 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: bHooper on 02-26-2000 08:47 PM
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
anyone else making plans to go to the Formula one event at IMS in September? i was thinking it would be nice to get together while were all there, seing as most everyone is in the midwest anyway!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Assuming my financial situation is better and my GT is running, tentatively pencil me in. That would be fun.
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
so thats a maybe definately 1 person, asside frm group of people. are there any more?
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I just checked your profile to see where you were from. What IMS are you talking about? I assumed you meant Indianapolis Motor Speedway (home of the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing--The Indianapolis 500"). I guess not, huh? You might have to pencil me out.
ChadMan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
bHooper's gotta mean Indy! I'd love to go, but I'd better wait and see how expensive tix will be before committing to go.

This race will be historic in many ways. Who knows how long America will continue to host a Grand Prix? Can Bernie Ecclestone and Tony George get along well enough to even bring F1 back in 2001?

Plus, it will be really cool to see F1 cars hurtling down the frontstraight - though they will be going the wrong way (clockwise)!

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
of course i mean Indy... or the Tony Geroge show, which ever you choose. not a big fan of his, after he ran off all the decent drivers an cars a few years back for his new "kill-a-driver-today-series"!

tickets for the F1 event start around $85if youi are interested, check out this site http://www.usgpindy.com/

that price is very reasonable, considering the event. F1 tickets in europe can be several hundred to a thousand dollars! and compare it to the american le mans series race, that i'm going to at Charlotte on 4/1/00, it's not a whole lot more!

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Whew!! Glad you meant Indy. I noticed in your profile that you're from SC (NC?) so I was wondering. One of us needs to give Tony-I'm-a-loser a call and see if we could get a group rate on the seats. We should all sit together, of course. I'll be able to afford $85 by summer, I'm sure. Can't right now, though. bHooper, are you gonna make the call? Or do I need to do it? I suppose we should see how many will be going 1st, right?
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
what? did you think that every hick from NC only liked nastycar? that bores the h#!! out of me!

as for seats, i ordered 5 tickets last fall. there is a chance that i may have one or two available. it basically depends on if i feel like whoever i'm dating at the time is worthy of such an event

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Not at all. I just didn't think you would drive that far for a race. If you have an extra ticket and would be willing to sell it, what would you want for it?
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
hey, this is F1... there was no way i am going to miss a race in the states! as for the ticket, if i have one available, it's yours for face value... no scalping here!

my goal for this year is to go to a sportscar race (or two), the F1 event, and possibly the MidOhio CART race.

i love NC, but it really sucks to live hear and like better forms of racing!

on the other hand, they are about to reopen Virginia International Raceway (yes, it is a road course!), as a country club/scca type thing.... think i'll be visiting that often, once i get my car in decent shape!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock