anybody ride ATVs??? by 86SE
Started on: 02-06-2000 12:44 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Deer_Slayer on 02-16-2000 08:50 AM
86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2000 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
I got a '85 Honda 200x 3-wheeler last spring and its REALLY fun to drive it out in the country where there is 1-2 feet deep water holes!! It has a 5 speed manual trans. with a 192cc engine with 25+ HP @ 8000 RPM, top speed of around 60 MPH. 8 inch axel extenders with wide open exhaust.

What kind of ATVs do you guys ride??

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Shiner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2000 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
ATV's? OH, you mean "Goon Buggies" ATV's can go over some NASTY terrain, but I prefer dirt bikes. I guess it runs in the family, because my father used to run in national enduro's in the 70's, on his Penton 125. We are restoring that one right now, because it looks like crap, and it blew a piece of the piston off and seized up. We finished restoring his old '76 (I think) Husquavarna 250 CR. That thing is the fastest old bike I have ever ridden! You either can't keep the front wheel on the ground, or you can't keep the rear hooked up!

Is it just me, or are new dirt bike prices totally outragous!?!? It's nuts, I think a '00 Honda CR250 lists for over $4300!

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2000 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
I ride! Right now I have a Suzuki LT250R 4 wheeler. I have had an 87 KX125 back in 87 and a few years ago I had an 85 Hoda 250R 3-wheeler.

I live in Utah and ride in the sand dunes... never ride anywhere else again! St. Anthony Idaho and Jericho Utah is where I ride.

Back in 96 a couple friends and myself went to St. Anthony for a weekend of riding. I don't remember much... I woke up in a helicopter then I woke up 3 days later in the hospital. Seems I took a small spill. I broke 4 ribs, compacted a disc, shattered 3 vertibres (spelled right?), broke left collar bone, fractured my left arm and had one hell of a concusion. My friends say I hit a 2 foot dune at full speed and flew about 20 feet in the air and came down under the bike. I guess it flung me over then rolled on top of me a couple times. The next year I was back in the saddle again. Can't wait for the sun to melt all this white crap so I can head back out. Am I nuts? Oh yeah!

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2000 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
I have a spot up in Michigan I go to with 100 privately owned acres. 50 open field, 50 woods. Have great fun when not hunting. Snowmobile, a couple honda 4 wheelers. A 200cc rear wheel drive, and a 400cc 4x4. Plus an '82 Yamaha 3 wheeler. 3 wheeler has the best gearing, so it will FLY across open spaces. My favorite would have to be the 400. That thing will go anywhere. I love it.
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2000 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
One of my most favorite things to do...GET MUDDY...I have a 97 Yamaha Wolverine 4X4...81 Honda 185S three wheeler and a 1979 110 Honda three wheeler. I didn't ride much this year. I hope to change that soon !!!
TOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2000 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMSend a Private Message to TOMDirect Link to This Post
I used to have a Kawasaki Tecate 250. Being a two stroke this thing hauled. Till someone wreaked it for me.
four50four

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2000 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for four50fourClick Here to visit four50four's HomePageSend a Private Message to four50fourDirect Link to This Post
not a big quad rider, but i do have a cr 125, and my dad has a cr 500 (dirt bikes)
HF6582

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2000 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HF6582Send a Private Message to HF6582Direct Link to This Post
I raced in the grand national cross county
(gncc) series for about 4 years and raced in the missouri series for 5 years. I ride a yamaha banshee and a heavly modified warrior.
Its a real good time.

Scott

BOILERMAKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2000 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOILERMAKERSend a Private Message to BOILERMAKERDirect Link to This Post
I just bought me a 3-wheeler '85 200X 2 weekends ago. i used to have one when I was in grade school, so I am re-living my childhood. With all of this snow that we have I have been having quite a bit of fun with it. right now I have to pay some attention to the rear axle, but shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Didn't run very well when I bouth it, but it was just bad gas that had been sitting. Run it hard and get some new gas in there and now she starts right up and runs like a champ.

RICK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2000 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RICKSend a Private Message to RICKDirect Link to This Post
I have a Polaris 350L 4x4. The more mud the better. Me and a couple friends went out riding through the Missouri bottoms (The mud has the consistency of cold penut-butter but it's black)one of my friends was ridding mine about 30mph and hit some mud, the 4-wheeler stopped he didn't. The 4-wheeler sunk to it's rack. Luckly he had a 10,000 pound winch on the front of his truck, even with that it took over 30 minutes to get it out
Eddie.H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2000 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eddie.HSend a Private Message to Eddie.HDirect Link to This Post
Tom I had a Tecate 250 it kicked lots of low end power I rid of it for ATRIZ 250 lots of top end and man that thing could handle But now I have kids NOW MORE TOYS LIKE THAT FOR ME .
PFF
System Bot
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2000 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
The '82 Yamaha 3 wheeler we've got, has a chain driven solid rear axle with no suspension. Just on the fork up front. You really have to watch fox holes and ground hog mounds in the field, and tree roots in the woods. I've taken that rear end up pretty high at times.
The 4x2 is a '96 Honda fourtrax 200. Great fun. No winch. This is the atv I take out to play with. In the winter I've broken through the ice before, and sunk it up to the rack. Get off, hop on the ice, and pull it back on. Takes well over 2 hours sometimes. I'm
sweating by the time its back in solid ice.

The 4x4 is a '97 Honda Foreman 400. That is my worker. Super low first, will pull anything. Hauls deer for me. Since its 4x4 it'll go anywhere, not as exciting since its almost impossible to get stuck anywhere.

Deer_Slayer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Deer_SlayerSend a Private Message to Deer_SlayerDirect Link to This Post
I have an 86 Honda 200 4-wheeler. it looks and runs good but, I haven't started it up in a while. The reason being in the back of the garauge and being bowed in by the 86 Fiero and another 4-wheeler.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock