Operation: Pegasus Rising T-shirts - Gauging Interest by retroman
Started on: 05-19-2013 06:01 AM
Replies: 16
Last post by: retroman on 06-03-2013 05:52 PM
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanDirect Link to This Post
What is Operation: Pegasus Rising you ask?? Well it started as a what if conversation here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089835.html which then led to "I wonder how feasible it actually is" which led to still ongoing talks with GM and other businesses who specialize in reverse engineering, and now it is a long term goal of mine to reproduce a tube frame equivalent to the Fiero, and possibly also offer smaller OEM style frame sections for easy patch and repair. That said, I am still trying to get approval to use certain GM trademarks, but when I do, whatever profit I receive from items I sell bearing Operation: Pegasus Rising on them will be directly reinvested toward the end goal. The first logo I have was inspired by the Legend of the Phoenix as I wanted it to invoke the idea that the project is about bringing a dead nameplate back to life. Feel free to provide your thoughts, feedback, and suggestions. Thanks!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
Since you've asked for opinions:

We've been trying to shake the fire image for 30 years, so I'm not sure associating a "new-and-improved" Fiero with flames as a backdrop is a great marketing idea, unless it's done tongue-in-cheek like the other T-shirts being offered elsewhere on the Forum. It's also a little too reminiscent of the "Fire-Chicken" on the hood of '80's Firebirds, which if I'm not mistaken was a phoenix as well.

My personal preference would be for a T-shirt that shows a cutaway 3D engineering drawing based on the conceptual frame you wish to recreate, clearly showing the Fiero's forte: mid-engine design.
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

We've been trying to shake the fire image for 30 years, so I'm not sure associating a "new-and-improved" Fiero with flames as a backdrop is a great marketing idea, unless it's done tongue-in-cheek like the other T-shirts being offered elsewhere on the Forum. It's also a little too reminiscent of the "Fire-Chicken" on the hood of '80's Firebirds, which if I'm not mistaken was a phoenix as well.

My personal preference would be for a T-shirt that shows a cutaway 3D engineering drawing based on the conceptual frame you wish to recreate, clearly showing the Fiero's forte: mid-engine design.

Duly noted, but it is a little hard to get away from the flame thing when your name means "Fiery" and "Proud"... I will add your idea to my list though as you seemed to have alluded to the fact that what got everyone on here into Fieros in the first place was the engine layout and overall unconventional design.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossDirect Link to This Post

Thank you....
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanDirect Link to This Post
So far the nays have it, but it's tough to call with only 2 votes in. 8 more votes and I will call it. Thanks!!
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post

Since you've asked for opinions: ..[snip] ..[snip].

I second that proposal.

~ Bob ~!

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post
I like it. It looks like a shirt I would actually wear, and not just to car shows or around other Fiero folks.
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanDirect Link to This Post
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong. So far I have 3 nays with all of those in favor of Bloozberry's suggestion and 1 yay for a total of 4 votes. So far, it looks like I will be keeping the logo and the shirt to myself for use on my own projects, but I would still like at least 6 more people to chime in on this. Thanks!!
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
I like the Pegasus Rising motif. IMHO, people will always claim our cars catch on fire and I don't think that a flaming logo makes that any worse. Besisdes, it gives us an opportunity to correct the misconception.

Let me know if you procced with the shirts.

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 05-26-2013).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I think the logo you have is great. Another option is the "cut-away" on the back, with your logo smaller on the front.
Either way, I'll keep an eye on your design for possible purchase.
As far as the fire thing-25+ years and I still get asked about Fieros catching fire. Point is to enjoy your car with all its shortcomings.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyDirect Link to This Post
I like your design. I'd buy it!
PFF
System Bot
jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Direct Link to This Post
I'd buy one.
Jim

------------------
When I read about the evils of drinking.
I gave up reading.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT
Kathryn's Welded Metal Artist

fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimlong67:

I'd buy one.
Jim

Ditto, maybe two if in black & red.
DARKWING
Mike Parker
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanDirect Link to This Post
Thank you to everyone who responded. I have the feedback I need to proceed with limited quantity. I will also be keeping Bloozberry's suggestion on the table for a possible future design, but in the meantime, I will be having a few of the current design made up and will be getting pricing established. I intend to sell in black, but I will see what I can do about custom colored shirts. Thanks again.
Four_hundred_86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Direct Link to This Post
I also like it I need a standard fiero t shirt to wear while I'm out and about.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
It's nice artwork, but I don't like the theme of "Pegasus Rising."
That means it died and came back. The Fiero has outlasted Pontiac.
But I'm always interested to see new designs and what people create. Keep up the good work!
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

It's nice artwork, but I don't like the theme of "Pegasus Rising."
That means it died and came back. The Fiero has outlasted Pontiac.
But I'm always interested to see new designs and what people create. Keep up the good work!

I appreciate your opinion, but what I was getting at with the theme was that you can't buy a new Fiero (maybe come close with well preserved one, but buying one hot off the assembly line is a no go). In that sense, the Fiero is dead. The only car that has outlived Pontiac is the G8 because it is now coming back to the US in Chevy garb and called the SS. My end goal is to supply a frame so that when the last salvageable Fiero is used up, enthusiasts will have what they need to keep going, much like the '32 Ford market is popping out new chassis now. It won't happen over night, but I think a little at a time, and we could remake the whole car as funds allow.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock