Corbett Patriot, 210 hp 2.8 Fiero Chassis by 2.5
Started on: 04-25-2013 12:57 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: Patrick on 04-27-2013 11:01 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I'm sure alot of you have seen this, I hadnt yet.

wow cheesy vid!

Needs some pop up headlights.
Reminds me of the Banshee.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Apparently they got 345 hp in it later with a 5.7 liter. OH it has POP DOWN headlights!

http://priceofhistoys.com/c...ory/corbett-patriot/

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-25-2013).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
I always like that. bad news if you have a rollover accident though
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

I always like that. bad news if you have a rollover accident though

No so says they... reference the second video at 6:00...
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

No so says they... reference the second video at 6:00...

I would be concerned about the bottom connection of their "rollbar" and the fact that you can't get out if the car is on it's top.... Not good if something is on fire.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I'm sure alot of you have seen this, I hadnt yet...

Did you notice at 1:45 of the first video that they almost sideswiped another car while attempting to change lanes! I was wondering why the car was "wandering" at that point.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2013 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Did you notice at 1:45 of the first video that they almost sideswiped another car while attempting to change lanes! I was wondering why the car was "wandering" at that point.

Looks like maybe the car behind went to change lanes at the same time, to me. Not at all an uncommon thing, sadly. And how often people do it without using turn signals. indeed.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Hey, I lived in Lompoc back in 1999-2000. Never saw one of those, though. Guess he never finished one.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Looks like maybe the car behind went to change lanes at the same time, to me.

Well, it seems to me the guy driving the Patriot tried changing lanes at 1:45 (and actually made it part way into the next lane) when he suddenly realized there was a car there (which is out of view of the camera). He quickly went back into his own lane, and at 1:50 (when he was now safely ahead of the other car), he then changed lanes as he had originally planned (and the other car can now be seen).

Would've made for poor promotional footage to have smucked up the car during the shoot.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-25-2013).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Well, it seems to me the guy driving the Patriot tried changing lanes at 1:45 (and actually made it part way into the next lane) when he suddenly realized there was a car there (which is out of view of the camera). He quickly went back into his own lane, and at 1:50 (when he was now safely ahead of the other car), he then changed lanes as he had originally planed (and the other car can now be seen).

Would've made for poor promotional footage to have smucked up the car during the shoot.

Right, but immediately after he swerved back, the car behind also looks to have "wandered" a bit, and was partially over the line between those two lanes. It's only for a couple frames, but it does look like the car behind was doing a lane change as well. Maybe the car behind was making a left turn onto the road, right as he was about to change lanes. It's very hard to tell, but it seems like a more complex situation, and the driver at least handled it correctly.

Don't know why they didn't cut it out of the footage though. Seems like an obvious cut to me.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Don't know why they didn't cut it out of the footage though. Seems like an obvious cut to me.

Yeah, with all the money they stated they spent on research, you'd think they could've spent a couple of bucks and paid to re-shoot that one sequence.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Probly didnt have the budget to re-shoot.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
i lived near lompoc and would never see one of those for sale. wonder what happened to them.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Dude blew the rest of his money on hair spray and closed up shop.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Dude blew the rest of his money on hair spray and closed up shop.

Hair spray and a red leather Jacket.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Apparently they got 345 hp in it later with a 5.7 liter. OH it has POP DOWN headlights!

http://priceofhistoys.com/c...ory/corbett-patriot/

this is a fiero based car chassis fiero and driveline pisa dash fiero instanments
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
7:20 - Watch the temp gauge peg at startup!
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Fellas ,
Is there a vendor who sells the flip-down lights?

Thanks,
kevin
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Fellas ,
Is there a vendor who sells the flip-down lights?

Thanks,
kevin

Nope. That would take a lot of work... think about the space you have to work with.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

this is a fiero based car chassis fiero and driveline pisa dash fiero instruments

I know... it's hilarious. Aerospace engineering technology can also be found in the cockpit of the car... over 450 hours of design and sculpting resulted in installing the PISA Euro dash...
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Nope. That would take a lot of work... think about the space you have to work with.

We have some great & innovative minds here on Pennocks. Anybody else have thoughts on this?

Cordially,
kevin

PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
I wonder how many of these things were actually sold? I wonder how many buckets this Corbet guy has at home if he ever wants to change his hair-do?

Cordially,
Kevin
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Like the Banshee and the Plazma the Patriot was a concept that never made it to production. From what I read the Corbett Patriot kit sold for nearly $17,000 (less engine) which is hardly affordable. In looking at the video I would say that the lift up top feature used for entry would be horrible to use in a heavy rain storm. You'd have to wait for it to raise up, get in and then wait for the motor to lower it down. By that time both yourself and the interior would be soaking wet.
The best thing about this video is the comical inventor who appears with the greasy 50's haircut and horned rim glasses. Maybe this project was inspired by the wierd tastes of Elvis Presley.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2013 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
In looking at the video I would say that the lift up top feature used for entry would be horrible to use in a heavy rain storm. You'd have to wait for it to raise up, get in and then wait for the motor to lower it down. By that time both yourself and the interior would be soaking wet.

It's not exactly a car one would drive in the rain, just the same as you wouldn't be likely to drive a Cobra in the rain.
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Direct Link to This Post
Those headlights are trick! This is the only kit I have seen that I would buy and love!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Maybe this project was inspired by the wierd tastes of Elvis Presley.

Long live the King !

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock