Started on: 03-23-2013 02:55 PM
Replies: 30
Last post by: Charlie64 on 03-26-2013 09:45 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I started this thread as a central place to talk post, and talk about pictures form the event. The only other thread was entitled "Who all is going to Daytona this year?" and didn't seem to really apply as a place for people to loo for pictures.

I personally was only able to attend Friday's Cruise and Air Boat ride. Next year I plan on having my Fiero completed (as much as it can be!) and drive it to Daytona.

Here is a video I put together of some of the that was planned for yesterday:

(This was all filmed on my Galaxy S3 in full HD. Make sure to watch it in 1080 HD if your Internet connection can handle it!)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Photoshoot on the track..
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Good grief! they actually let you park on the track this time??? Someone must have pulled the rod out of the steroid boy security thugs asses for a change.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 03-23-2013).]

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Awesome! Hi-res?

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I wish I would've been able to make it.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

You don't have 2 pictures covering all of the cars taken from the same spot do you? I tried to photo-merge those 2, but they were taken from 2 different spots about 60 feet from each other.

Looks like a total of 21 Fiero's.... Is that all of them? I thought the Daytona even was much larger than that.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-23-2013).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I have other shots. Twenty one were the only ones who made the trip to the track. Those photos were the first ones I pulled off the memory card. I'll have to check the others.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
"I thought the Daytona event was much larger than that."

it normally is, this year had the smallest turn out since I have been going to the show.
I am sure that the weather did not help.

I know of 6 cars from central Florida, that did not make it because they were under construction or not running good.

Hopefully next year we will have good weather and many more cars

2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvDirect Link to This Post
I have a few panorama shots of us on the back stretch too - tomorrow... At first the black IMSA (two cars ahead of me) jumped up past the yellow line and I was like NO NO NO NO but then I could see that EVERYBODY up there was on the racing surface which was pretty cool. Hopefully tomorrow's parade lap will be even better. Alas, I'm not going to make it to the parade lap tomorrow. Our car started to stumble and loose power on the way back today. I first noticed it on I-4 around Deltona and by Lake Mary I had a hard time keeping the speed above 60. I was able to limp it all the way home but it feels like it has no fuel pressure. All the gauges were normal, no bad smells, no smoke and the car idles fine but any throttle input gets it puking all over itself. I don't expect it to be anything major but for now it's grounded here at home. I'll check the fuel pressure tomorrow and expect to get a low reading. Worst case, it's a problem with the blower and I'll throw the Camaro intake on it... or... I'll need to buy the fuel pump I was needing for the turbo. Either way, stuff I was already going to do. No biggie.

Anyway, thanks to everybody for another great Daytona gathering. Jen and I had a wonderful weekend.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvDirect Link to This Post

2002z28ssconv

1436 posts
Member since Jun 2005

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

You don't have 2 pictures covering all of the cars taken from the same spot do you? I tried to photo-merge those 2, but they were taken from 2 different spots about 60 feet from each other.

Looks like a total of 21 Fiero's.... Is that all of them? I thought the Daytona even was much larger than that.

Great video John! We had over 40 Fieros at the show. Not everybody went out for the photo shoot.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

Great video John! We had over 40 Fieros at the show. Not everybody went out for the photo shoot.

Ahhh thats better!!!!! I was really thinking that only 20 Fiero's turned out. I mean we had half that on Friday for breakfast LOL. I wish I could have stayed instead of having to head back Friday night..... Next year

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

Nice meeting you guys!

My view as you guys were heading onto the track today:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zZ...outube_gdata_player.

Wow - some nice cars! I HAVE to find one soon!

Saxman
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

"I thought the Daytona event was much larger than that."

I know of 6 cars from central Florida, that did not make it because they were under construction or not running good.

Hopefully next year we will have good weather and many more cars

6 is being kind,...

Yeah " A LOT " of locals (MYSELF INCLUDED) were on the sidelines this year.

EXOTICSE
Blacktree
Uhlanstan
85LAMB
Blackgtfiero
Pappy
RedGT
Proud88GT
FierociousGT
Sparky's88gt
lsfinn1
Nathrak
Koenig355
Alex4mula
JimmyS
randye
rgirau
FieroGTLT1
mando (?)
Fierogt87 (?)
Cool Blue
Old Lar (?)
repnblvd (Sam)

** the ? marks - not 100% sure they were not there **

Those are all CFF and florida folks !
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

6 is being kind,...

UHHH, what am I chopped liver. lol. I'll be there next year for sure! Ray

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

UHHH, what am I chopped liver. lol. I'll be there next year for sure! Ray

No way Ray, i am just getting forgetful in my old age !

I love your project and have been wanting to see it for awhile. Here's hoping you, me, and all the others on the list are ready to go next year !

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Any pictures of each of the individual cars there? Looks like a good get together
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

6 is being kind,...

EXOTICSE
87GT2M6 (Angel)
Blacktree
Uhlanstan
85LAMB
Blackgtfiero
Pappy
RedGT
Proud88GT
FierociousGT
Sparky's88gt
lsfinn1
Nathrak
Koenig355
Alex4mula
JimmyS
randye
rgirau
FieroGTLT1
mando (?)
Fierogt87 (?)
Cool Blue
Old Lar (?)
repnblvd (Sam)

** the ? marks - not 100% sure they were not there **

I added my self to the list and God willing I will be there next year.
Gwain

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
Boys and girls:

Florida Fierofest 2013 came off great.

I counted 42 Fieros on the field Saturday, and more than twice that many attendees. I would also note by my "casual" observation - we seemed to be the only "club" in attendance. Now I saw Corvettes and 'Stangs, but not the usual club presence.

The gathering of our cars together as a group seemed to attract extra attention from the show onlookers and other car owners.

Anyway, here's some of my pics from Friday.

Early Friday AM we met for an 8:30 seating at the Sugar Mill in De Leon Springs. Hats off to Robert Holtz of Capitol City Fieros in Michigan for spearheading and reviving this breakfast tradition.

We started lining em up almost at the park opening, and the parade of Fieros attracted the attention and questions from many of the early morning park visitors.

Soon we were parked and ready to eat.

Now the mill is built

at the site of the original mill remains:

and sits along a wonderful spring fed lake . . .

. . . which is too friggin cold for my taste, but seems to attract a lot of folks who like the cold and mineral qualities of the waters. But I digress . . . we were there for some gooooood pancakes.

We had our own little private space in the back of the mill, with a nice fire going to offset the early morning Florida cool. (Yes, Florida can be cool in the morning and no, I didn't take a picture of the fire)!

For those who've never had the pleasure of breakfast at the mill, they grind their own flour and get food supplies local from the growers.

The "real" specialty (as my wife constantly reminds me) is you get to cook you own, which somehow seems to end up with the men doing most if not all the cooking! }

Anyway, you order your breakfast beverages (no, unfortunately bloody Mary's are not a menu item), order your extra ingredients like fresh blueberries, bananas, chocolate chips - you get the idea - and have at it.

After a great breakfast, and a chance to visit with old friends, it's back to the cars to check updates . . .

and head out.

Now Central Florida Fieros own 2002z28ssconv put together a great cruise route to take us from the Sugar Mill breakfast to the Jolly Gator airboat rides, through some wonderful, old Florida scenery and small towns, which attracted plenty of gawkers for the parade of Fieros.

He also scoped out some great photo spots to match our cars against natures scenery.

There was time to visit the "back" places of Florida . . .

and no it's not a contradiction that Fiero enthusiasts can be nature lovers.

Soon we were at the Jolly Gator for our airboat rides.

Captain Bruce was ready to treat us to some great sightings . . .

and as it turned out, the gators were plentiful . . .

and large!

Anyway, I'll wrap up Friday's adventures with some short footage.

More later, Marc

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 GT looking to a 3.4 transpant
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
  • 88 Factory T-Top, really, the "last" one!

[This message has been edited by Gwain (edited 03-25-2013).]

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Here's a few images I captured at random.

First, I parked next to my new friend, Charlie64 and his uber nice modified fastback. A big thanks to Charles for driving down from VA, and an even bigger thanks for his service to our country.

PFF
System Bot
Gwain

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
Well Pennock's groupies, it's Saturday at Daytona 2013 and Saturday was track day.

We greeted the sunrise as we starting prepping for the day:

Entering the track through the Turn 4 tunnel was kinda neat!

As the help started showing, we got the area ready for our cars.

Soon the Fieros were gathering . . .

and it was time to prep for the show.

For those entering the judging, detail prepping was a must.

The quest for bigger horsepower . . .

. . . created a need for bigger tires!

The Menendez brothers posted some advertising with their cars!

The hard core competitors "salted" the audience with their own supporters . . .

conspicuously dressed to match their cars!

But after all the setup work, there was time to visit.

I'm not sure what point 2002z28ssconv was trying to make, but I suspect his wife was napping behind her sun shades!

While we feared the weather forecast for rain, we only got a couple of sprinkles. It was time to relax, enjoy all the cars (and make those last minute, Miami drug deals)! }

As we seemed to have the only "club" grouping of cars, we had many interested onlookers . . .

and for us gear heads, we had some onlookers we were "grateful" for!

This was after all a car show, and there were many cars to see.

There were "concepts" Detroit didn't think of . . .

some they wished they hadn't thought of . . .

and some they actually got right!

There was horsepower . . .

tripower . . .

and yes darlin, you can turbo just about anything!

There were sportscars . . .

and classics.

Hot rods . . .

and restorations.

There were clever customizations.

(No, the suspension wasn't broken and the tires weren't flat)!

There were nostalgic memories from the back of VW vans . . .

and dad's Chrysler.

There was Yellow . . .

and there was Green!

There were more Fiero events in store, and the Blind Man's Gymkhana brought the big engine, lead footed drivers to a crawl!

The special, afternoon track photo shoot (that only Fieros got to do)! Brought the thrill of putting your car on the Daytona track, and having the proof you were there.

The late afternoon door prize drawings marked an end to the track events. Please take a minute to phone or Email our supporters like The Fiero Store, the Fiero Factory, V8 Archie's, Robert's GT Services in Melbourne, Paul Vargus, Rodney Dickman, Held's and all the others. They help to bankroll this show for us, and have done it for year after year.

All too soon it was time to head out and get ready for the banquet and awards presentations.

Another great meeting at Daytona for 2013.

Marc

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 GT looking to a 3.4 transpant
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
  • 88 Factory T-Top, really, the "last" one!
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
awesome pics guys... thanks for the time spent to sort, size, and upload.
dajack761

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Direct Link to This Post
Great pictures! It makes me want to go next year.
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritDirect Link to This Post
I had the bestest time ever.
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it was a good show and lots of fun, too bad it is too far for us to go.
Carlos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarlosSend a Private Message to CarlosDirect Link to This Post
VERY NICE GUYS! Contrats on a wonderful event and although I've only gone once (2011) I really have an appreciation of the hard work, sacrifice and dedication put in by you guys to pull this off year after year. I'm looking for a Fiero as I type this so who knows, maybe next year i attend as a member of your club.

------------------

''92 DGGM Caprice 9C1 LO5 5.7
Factory leather, CD and all the Police Package goodies.

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
CARLOS did you buy that 88 coupe?
Carlos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarlosSend a Private Message to CarlosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

CARLOS did you buy that 88 coupe?

Not yet. Still waiting for a few more pics before I make the run up there with Angel. But I'm pumped up about the possibility. When I went to the '11 show, possibly owning a Fiero was not EVEN in the back of my head. That is until Dragon ripped me a new one lol.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Carol and I had a great time at the Daytona event this year. Thank you to everyone involved who planned and then put together this wonderful event.

We left on Monday morning hoping to miss the storm, but we did go back to Michigan by I-77. It was fine until we got to Virginia where it started to snow in the mountains. It was mostly snow squalls we would go into and out of until we got to West Virginia where it started to snow in earnest. We stopped for the night in Beckley where they had about 3 inches on the ground and it was coming down lightly. The manager got a kick out of my shorts and sandals when I came in to register. She said "Came from Florida, Eh?" When we got up on Tuesday morning there was another inch and half or maybe two inches I had to scrape off of the Fiero. We drove through snow flurries all the way to Ohio and then it cleared up most of the rest of the way home.

Now I have to clean the heck out of my car since it have so much salt and road dirt on it again. I didn't expect to get snow and salt on the car both ways.
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Direct Link to This Post
It was nice meeting all of you that attended as well. I really enjoyed being there. I'm already seeking permission to come down there next year.

Got to see the "Sleeper"

Some cool cars....and some that made me say...?!

And I got to do the lap around the track and there were two of us in Fieros...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 03-26-2013).]

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock