Spiritual successor to the Fiero? by Austrian Import
Started on: 02-11-2013 07:22 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Ditkaphile on 02-19-2013 10:39 AM
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Alfa Romeo 4c

Italian name: ✓
Gorgeous styling: ✓
Long hood, short rear overhang: ✓
Pricing rumored to be below $40k: ✓
^ Sounds similiar to new Fiero pricing adjusted for inflation.

Alfa Romeo 4c Spy photos

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 02-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Direct Link to This Post
I do love the 8c too.... Except they're terrible to drive, their art you look at them. For that reason I think it disqualifies it

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project now tearing up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels, suspension and more! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by IanT720:
I do love the 8c too.... Except they're terrible to drive, their art you look at them. For that reason I think it disqualifies it

Handling issues (aka. bump steer, or whatever): ✓
Turning ordinary people into mechanices: ✓
^ in all fairness, the Fiero may have been maintenance free, and dead reliable when it first came out.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Both the 8C and the new 4C have some of the sexiest rear ends that I have seen. Both are gorgeous in execution.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 02-11-2013).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Direct Link to This Post
The Fiero came out as cheap car . I have heard this alfa may start out at 60k .

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8 aka (Hat tip to Mr. J. Jones!)
http://jalopnik.com/5901950...or-her-sweet-sixteen
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanDirect Link to This Post
yes but does it catch on fire like a fiero?
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
Not that I'm debating because I agree with you just thought to share a couple others that I thought have Fiero Influence

2010 Rossion Q1

American made and one of the Fastested cars in the world 2010 SSC Altimate Aero

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:

Watch much Top Gear?
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
The closest thing to a spiritual successor to the Fiero I can think of, would be the Opel Speedster. To some extent, maybe the 2nd gen MR2.
PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking this had some similarities to the Fiero.

An under powered economical runabout, that had a troubled start and a short production run. It even came in a notchback and fastback versions; and people are already swapping engines in them!
http://www.smartuki.com/
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

The Fiero came out as cheap car . I have heard this alfa may start out at 60k .

Sub $40k, last rumor I heard.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
It will be too expensive to be a Fiero like car. I do not think we will see much of a cheap teo seater anymore, It is just a very tough thing to pull off and pull it off well. Most of the small cheap sports cars all have short lives accept the Miata and only global sales save it.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Sub $40k, last rumor I heard.

Hopefully you are correct.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Hopefully you are correct.

Sub 40k in euros.... maybe. Carbon fiber frame and skins don't come f'n cheap.

I say mid $60k.
Four_hundred_86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Direct Link to This Post
The fiero already has a successor. The Opel speedster or vauxhaul vx 220. Both badged under gm Europe. Both mid engine 2 seat sports cars. Powered by the ecotech 2.2 or 2.0 turbo depending on the trim. Also come as targa tops. Which I wish the fiero was. Yes the sunroof is close, but not the same.

------------------
Honestly, What is a "stock" Fiero?

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2013 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Sub 40k in euros.... maybe. Carbon fiber frame and skins don't come f'n cheap.

I say mid $60k.

It's ~35-40K in GBP. Euros would be ~41-47K. USD is around 53-60K. Per options of course. The 300hp turbo upgrade is probably the big expense. Frame is mostly aluminum, not CF. Tub and crash boxes are CF, but that isn't a huge amount. Not sure what the body is, but I don't think it's CF either. If there were that much CF on the car, it'd be over $100K.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
CF and Alumnium.... I wonder what the insurance rates will be for them. $$$$$ to repair.
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
Austrian Import, thanks for posting a link to the Jalopkik article which contained this statement about the Alpha Romeo 4C you'd focused on in your thead's opening post:

"...the car is less than 13 feet long....It's also only 6.56 feet wide and 3.87 feet high...."

Two of those three dimensions struck me as encouraging because there don't seem to be many new cars in the U.S. anymore which currently afford people the small, fun dimensions of a Fiero:

code:

Alpha
NO. OF FEET Romeo 4C Fiero
----------- -------- -----
Length: <13 <13.76

Width: 6.56 5.74

Height: 3.87 3.91

I like the relatively short length of the Alpha Romeo 4C compared to most cars in the U.S., as well as its marginally (only 1/2 inch) lower height versus a stock Fiero. However, I'm a bit disappointed by the width being reported in that article for the 4C (6.56 feet, or nearly 79 inches) --- hardly the svelte width of the Fiero (just under only 69 inches).

Accordingly, I'm hoping the difference is attributable to the way the width measurements originally were taken for each car --- e.g., possibly including the side-view mirrors for the new Alpha Romeo 4C, but not for the Fiero.
Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
I dont recall the model name, but doesnt Audi have a 2 seat mid-engine space frame car?
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock