Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I bought my first house! (Fiero related) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
I bought my first house! (Fiero related) by mattwa
Started on: 02-10-2013 10:27 PM
Replies: 82
Last post by: mattwa on 05-05-2013 09:10 PM
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
It's been a real busy 2 months, but I have bought my first house and have started to move in. It's a very unique house, as it's basically a 1200 Sq-ft apartment on top of a 4 1/2 car garage. It came with all the appliances I need, some chairs, fencing, etc. I love it, lots of little things that the owner did, since the man I bought it from had it built new in 1984. Lots of room for my tools, my Riviera, and of course, the Fieros. Today I got Goldie out of storage after sitting for 8 months (THAT was fun..long story short I had to get a new battery while it sat dead at a gas station) and moved her to my new house. The 3800/F23 Fiero will also be moved here within the next week or two.

On to pictures! (that's my dad in the first picture)

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 08-29-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Matt !!!

Garage looks to have a lot of room to work in.

The rest of the house is very nice too.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
It's kind of weird. I like it.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Oh Man Matt! Now that's a MAN Cave! Congrats. The Fiero's will love it too!
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Matt, you done good. At your age, I would have killed for that place. Today, I need a little more room.....like a 2500 square foot apartment atop an 8 car garage

Congrats my friend.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. It's still alot of money for someone my age (20), but I know I got a really good deal on this property with the housing market the way it is.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 03-24-2013).]

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! Nice to see some better pictures of it finally! I can't wait to get myself a house one of these days. I think in a few years..
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
I would have loved a house like that when I was younger. All kinds of room for projects.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Well done. Goldie looks right at home.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! I wish the best for you my friend. An amazing accomplishment.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Is a house like that really gonna work for someone as tall as you? I wouldn't think there'd be very high ceilings.

Congrats man! I am looking at moving into my own place this summer as well and it's exciting!

PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Wow, nice! That's basically the setup I've always wanted, a house on top of a large garage. Is the garage already wired for 220?
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
That's awesome, I love it!

I couldn't tell is their a bathroom down in the garage level?

Ya done good Matt!
KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I'm jealous. Looking for a place too and what you got is basically my dream! Does there happen to be a similar one next door?? haha
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Is a house like that really gonna work for someone as tall as you? I wouldn't think there'd be very high ceilings.

It's not too bad, but I do have to duck down my head for some things. Like the slanted doors going into the walk-though closet.

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Is the garage already wired for 220?

Yep, there is a 220 plug in each "garage".

Originally posted by Pappy:
I couldn't tell is their a bathroom down in the garage level?

The pictured room is the laundry/bathroom on the first floor. There is a nicer full bathroom upstairs as well.

Originally posted by KaijuSenso:

Yeah I'm jealous. Looking for a place too and what you got is basically my dream! Does there happen to be a similar one next door?? haha

Nope, sorry, this is a house you don't see too often..or at all. Haha. That's why I bought it so early, I wasn't really planning on moving so early in my life, but it looks like it's working out. This "house" started out as a storage building, and then the owner added the apartment area in the second floor. This is why the ground floor looks..unfinished, on the inside, because it isn't. That's the area I'm going to fix first. For example, there is NO insulation between the two floors, at all. Or drywall on the ceiling, but that's just for appearance.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 08-29-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
You done good Matt, nice work. Its quirky as hell but its every gearhead's dream to live with so much garage space. Enjoy
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
I keep telling my wife our next house is going to be a garage with somewhere to sleep… LOL you did well!

Congrats!
sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPADirect Link to This Post
looks like N. Olmstead?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I told you on FB, but I'll tell you again. Congrats!
I was much older before I bought my first house. You've done well!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-11-2013).]

FieroAK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAKSend a Private Message to FieroAKDirect Link to This Post
Damn, nice Matt! Congratulations.
James_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTDirect Link to This Post
Wow Matt. Nice choice! Can't imagine there being a better place than that for you and your Fieros in the price range of a 20 year old. Congratulations!
PFF
System Bot
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDDirect Link to This Post
What is all that white stuff on the ground?
gen2muchwork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkDirect Link to This Post
sweet! you need a fire pole.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Matt!

One of my fondest memories of my first home was when the central air repair tech asked for my parents to sign the paperwork. Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by no2pencil (edited 02-11-2013).]

852m4se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 852m4seSend a Private Message to 852m4seDirect Link to This Post
matt that house is beautiful. the garage is awsome. good luck with the new house hope you enjoy it. not gonna lie alittle jealous right now haha
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
That's a great starter place for a single guy with an automotive hobby! The only downside to a garage under the house is fumes (paint, exhaust, welding... unless the garage is sealed tight), they always migrate into the house. Not much of an issue for you, but females tend to complain about it.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again everyone! I'm excited to fully move in and live there.

Originally posted by sleevePAPA:

looks like N. Olmstead?

Nope!

Originally posted by fieroguru:

That's a great starter place for a single guy with an automotive hobby! The only downside to a garage under the house is fumes (paint, exhaust, welding... unless the garage is sealed tight), they always migrate into the house. Not much of an issue for you, but females tend to complain about it.

Absolutely! I agree with the downside, like I said there is no inslution between the two floors and it's not sealed, something I need to fix, even if just for myself. No females here....yet.
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyDirect Link to This Post
Great place. The upstairs is nice too. Now you just have to figure out how to keep all of that white stuff away.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Its got a good garage to house ratio

Nice!
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewDirect Link to This Post
20 years old with a 4 car garage? I'm 41 and I have no garage.

I can't even fit my lawnmower into my shed.

Seriously though, the place looks great. Congrats on the new home.
kymmee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kymmeeSend a Private Message to kymmeeDirect Link to This Post
That is awesome, esp for a 20 yo. I am way older and just finished completing my dream garage. I have 7 vehicles in it, it has radiant floor heat and a small office-work area. I actually hang out in it more than in my home. You cant go wrong investing in property for yourself. Congrats!!
PFF
System Bot
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
Way cool, Man. Hey, the firemans pole "could" double as a dancers pole--chics will appear. Good luck.
K-Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for K-ZSend a Private Message to K-ZDirect Link to This Post
So it took me a second to figure out that the garage is the bottom floor! This house had to have been built by a gearhead. I'm around your age (22) and would love to have that much garage space. Congrats on the house man I'm in the market too so I know its gotta be a good feeling finding your new home
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
It was built for cars in mind for sure, back in 1984. I was told a rare 69 Camaro was frame off restored in the left garage space of this house at some point in time.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2013 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Hey there,

If you need any advice about upkeep, plumbing, or just general home advice, feel free to always PM me. I know the inside and out of homes like the back of my hand. Being half of a continent away, that is the best that I got. If I were closer I would be there helping you all the way.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony! I'll keep you in mind for sure.
sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPADirect Link to This Post
i spy parquet, LOL
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
That's a really nice house for you, I would love to have a 4 car garage. Like others have said you bought a real man cave home.
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Matt!
Yea, we're all jealous!
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Looks good.. Lots of kitchen storage room too. There is never enough garage room..organize it well.. Get battery tenders for the cars that are not used much.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock