Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Blue Painted *Bumper Pad* Fieros - Anyone Have Or Know Of One?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Blue Painted *Bumper Pad* Fieros - Anyone Have Or Know Of One? by Fiero84Freak
Started on: 11-19-2012 09:56 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Carcenomy on 11-21-2012 03:24 AM
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
I have owned every production year Fiero made except 1985. I would eventually (as in relatively 'soon') like to seriously consider purchasing a clean 1985 bumper pad car so I can claim to have owned every year. I'm really wanting to aquire a 1985 2M6 car, but will likely accept either an '85 duke or V6 car when I'm ready to purchase. I've also been seriously intrigued by blue painted Fieros, and have decided that whatever 1985 Fiero I do eventually purchase (it WILL happen ) I will likely have it painted a blue color.

What color blue I have yet to determine. However, it appears that there are a serious lack of individuals whom have bumper pad Fieros that have had them painted blue - at least that I have seen. I did some searching here on PFF, and of course most that I come up with is just 1987 GTs and coupes painted blue and custom GTs painted blue.

I'm looking for 1984 - 1986 bumper pad Fieros painted blue. Any blue will do - and I would like to see a variety.

I know of a few specifically. One is the factory test blue 1985 Fiero car that is in the hands of The Fiero Factory;

And the only other I know of is Finally_Mine_86_GT's car. However, since he passed away earlier this year ( R.I.P. ) it's impossible to ask for updated photos, although maybe someone here knows of other more higher res & detailed images (I tried searching also here and came up empty, although they're likely in a thread that has nothing to do with blue Fieros);

If any one can assist with this endeavour it would be greatly appreciated. I know there's likely not a lot of photos out there, simply because people would of have to had actually painted their cars a different color than stock. Again, photos of 1984 - 1986 bumper pad cars ONLY painted blue.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT... with REALLY high mileage

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 11-19-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I dont thing there are many out there. I found some guy's photoshop:

http://cliff.hostkansas.com...dbumperpadblue_2.jpg

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
The only one I know of is the one at the Fiero Factory. Saw it in person in John W's driveway, and later at the Fiero Factory.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
I hope they do something with that car, it's special and it's been sitting way too long!
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I was afraid my initial presumption would prove true.

Does anyone know if Finally_Mine_86_GT posted any more photographs of his car before he passed? Again I looked through the threads he started in General Chat, but came up empty.

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance.
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
This is my bumperpad 84. The previous owner painted it a Lotus color- Lazer Blue. He did a darn nice job-said it was his first paint job! These are the pictures he gave me, and the car is wet.

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
My dad's painted his '84 GM Turismo Blue. I don't have any photos at the moment but he's only a few days from having it all reassembled and out in the open instead of crammed in his pokey little garage.
85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2012 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
what was the fiero blue that looked like stp petty blue..
Damon pontiac had 1 or 2 in that color when I was growing up.. it was a non metalic color iirc

I'd think a fiero would look good in the later g/p petty model blue
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

This is my bumperpad 84. The previous owner painted it a Lotus color- Lazer Blue. He did a darn nice job-said it was his first paint job! These are the pictures he gave me, and the car is wet.

That's a super nice color. Thanks for sharing.

I see too having now seen a bumper pad car completely blue (other than the stripes) I think I would have to leave the belt line and the bumper pads black if I did a color like that. I'm partial to the black belt line and the black pads
whiteandnerdy27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whiteandnerdy27Send a Private Message to whiteandnerdy27Direct Link to This Post
ive seen one in mooresville. i dont have any pictures of it, but it was a blue 4 cyl with base wheels.
PFF
System Bot
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
The PO put the silver stripes on with vinyl. I think he found there was a lot of blue with no beltline or bumper in black. He said he had thought of repainting the beltline mldgs black. I have thought about doing the pads in black, but will wait for more rock chips before doing so.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
Belts and pads in black breaks it up a lot. The pads especially give it more of a focal point at the front.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock