Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Division's new money pit project. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Division's new money pit project. by Division
Started on: 11-16-2012 11:24 PM
Replies: 48
Last post by: Division on 12-14-2012 10:28 PM
Division

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
Well I already started up a while ago so I guess I'll catch up and make a few posts in no perticular order...lol. Maybe it will be a build thread some day.

Long term goal is an engine swap with 350+ hp, not decided on an LS3 or 3800 yet, but probably the later. Right now just doing some cosmetic work.

We'll start with what I bought, an 86 GT, stock, everything works, with 84k miles, great condition but not perfect.

(all pics taken with my phone)

Don't mind the guy in the background, just some nerd I know.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
First things first....needed some new wheels.

ASA AR1 Black w/Mach Lip
Fronts, 17x7 38mm offset
Rears, 17x8 35mm offset

Tires:
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 sports
Fronts: 215/45
Rears: 245/40

I actually copied someone in another post on the sizes but got a different look. I'd link it if I could remember where it's at. lol

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post

Division

148 posts
Member since Sep 2012
Next, time to get all the chips and scratches out. Did this the hilljack way but it worked great. Took a couple plastic paint tarps and just cut holes and taped off where it needed. Body filler, prime, sand, etc.

It's not getting paint, instead I'm getting a full vinyl wrap. Red is pretty much going to be the same, just a bit brighter, off-set by a lot of 3M carbon fiber on the "ground effects", roof, spoiler, mirrors, both bumpers, vent covers, and some inside as well.

Oh and spare batteries make for great weights.

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post

Division

148 posts
Member since Sep 2012
Interior I'm going to be doing mostly black. Seats (coming from Mr. Mike) will be black on red. Grey/Carbon Fiber to off set the rest.

Trim out and painted. Oddly the paint didn't take to the door arm-rests so I just redid those. Worked great on everything else. Really odd.
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post

Division

148 posts
Member since Sep 2012
Carpets spray painted black....yes....spray painted. It's the original carpet and it came out really nice. Special Vinyl / Carpet paint used.....no residue at all and feels nice.

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post

Division

148 posts
Member since Sep 2012
Got the interior gague trim and such wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl. Didn't buy any kit, did it myself with good ole' 3M 1080. Has the texture and look of the real stuff, not the cheapie pattern print. This was just a pain...

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post

Division

148 posts
Member since Sep 2012
Since the interior is out and had to take the door panels off (got Mr. Mike doing those too) decided to do a full LED upgrade on...well...everything. Those don't show up in pics very well though but you can see the blue tint a bit. The ghost lights however show up really nice.

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post

Division

148 posts
Member since Sep 2012
Little preview of the vinyl wrap. Shows up almost orange in the picture but it's a nice red. Carbon Fiber really sets it off. Something you have to see in person. This is of the drivers side rear bumper.

[This message has been edited by Division (edited 11-16-2012).]

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post

Division

148 posts
Member since Sep 2012
And finally to catch up to current, TXGOOD's console cupholder and door installed and in place. REALLY nice stuff.

I'll post more as the Fiero get's it makover.

VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!

Go with a 3800! stay clear from the 350sbc unless you want that muscle car sound
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2012 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Nice frickin' car mang!
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Doing a great job, keep those updates coming !
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Great work on the interior! If I may, since the door arm rests will see alot of elbows, a set of recovered ones from Russ would be a great solution. He even does them in CF!
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
Gonna go with simple black on those. The door panels I got coming from Mr. Mike are black lower and uppers with a red seam in between and the Fiero logo. Going carbon fiber wouldn't look so good against that I don't think.
Stickerguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2012 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StickerguySend a Private Message to StickerguyDirect Link to This Post
What brand carpet/vinyl paint did you use?? Where did you get it??
Looks great !!
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
I used this stuff: Dupli-Color You can get it just about at any automotive store, wal-mart, Meijer, etc.

[This message has been edited by Division (edited 11-19-2012).]

Stickerguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StickerguySend a Private Message to StickerguyDirect Link to This Post
Thank you !!
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
Most of the carbon fiber wrap on the car is done. Just a few pieces I'll hopefully have finished tomorrow. Pics just don't do this stuff justice.

All the red is also vinyl wrap. No paint showing!

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
Finally got the tail light panel installed. More carbon fiber, 4" LEDs, and installed a some Pontiac lettering to set it off.

Not sure if it was just the nature of the beast, or that panel was a PITA to install. It came with a rather large dent and huge gash in it that I had to use some body filler on and smooth out. Plus it didn't really match the contour of the body and had to force flex it in place. The end result looks great but can't see the carbon fiber pattern from most of the pics. (and yes, the wing is carbon fiber too)

stickboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stickboySend a Private Message to stickboyDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic work. Keep posting photos as you progress.
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Direct Link to This Post
Hey you have a really cool design style, we think alike on most of your things on my interior I painted everything black too but here's the catch... I used a two tone design, I painted the dash and stuff gloss black, but the center counsel and armrests flat black... Looks very cool and factory... I like all your carbon fiber usage too... And yes I spray painted my carpet black too, still working good after a year including winter! Keep up the work!

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project now tearing up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels, suspension and more! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

[This message has been edited by IanT720 (edited 11-29-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostDirect Link to This Post
I love what you did with the taillight section and the roof, looks awesome! Where did you get the tailight panel from?
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
Got it from here:
http://www.kahines.com/

It's the Euro II panel. But if the one I got is typical, be prepared for some work and lots of cussing. lol
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post

Division

148 posts
Member since Sep 2012
Mr. Mike's seats installed! Suprisingly easy to do, just time consuming. Red on Black with stitched logo. Damn thing still looks orange when I use my flash. lol Door panels will be next, but might be a while before those get finished.

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
Lookin REAL NICE! Great work bro.
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
Nice work with the wrap! I'm a wrap installer so it's always cool to see people using vinyl. Looks like the carbon is the 3M 1080 film, what is the red material? Looks like a very clean install!

[This message has been edited by 85sliverGT (edited 12-01-2012).]

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
Yep, the Carbon is 1080. The red is Avery Supreme.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Division:

I bought, an 86 GT, stock, everything works, with 84k miles, great condition but not perfect.

This is very similar to the car I just bought. I was wondering what you had to give for it, if you don't mind.

Jonathan

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
I paid $4k. A little high but for a rust free car with no issues at all, 84k miles, it was worth it.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
Mind if I ask how much the vinyl set you back? I've got an 86GT that is the sister to your car except it has tan interior and needs paint or a vinyl treatment BAD. I was thinking maybe vinyl might be a more affordable way to go. Your car is looking good, you've got a fast moving project.

I don't know if you got my PM a while back, I live over in Chesterton, would be curious to see the wrap in person and check out your project.

------------------

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
You're welcome to come check it out in person.

The vinyl was about $600.00. Had a little more in waste from trying to do a few parts myself. If I had to do it again I'd just paint the red and vinyl the carbon fiber. For the most part it just takes time and patience but getting around some corners and grooves can be a real pain.
PFF
System Bot
Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Direct Link to This Post
Do you take any pictures while you were wrapping the car? I am going to do this to my car, and would love to see in process. It's funny you chose Avery for the base color, as I was looking at this product also! What distributor did you use to purchase.
Nice work!!!
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Division:

I paid $4k. A little high but for a rust free car with no issues at all, 84k miles, it was worth it.

OK, I'm feeling good. I paid $4200 plus tax. Mine only needed an O2 sensor that I took off a parts car. Mine is 62K miles.

Jonathan

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Mikes upper and lower door panels installed. Think I could have done a better job on those. To be honest even though the seats were time consuming those were easier than the door panels. lol (when you resort to super glue for some adhesive...something didn't pan out...lol) But they look great!

Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post

Division

148 posts
Member since Sep 2012
And the completed outside of the car. Other than getting that front bumper seal adjusted a bit everything is all good.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Nice work !

Very impressive. Any plans to lower the car ?
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
Yep. Probably gonna get a full suspension kit from the Fiero Store while they have the sale.
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Nice rise, great work.

DARKWING
Mike Parker
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post

fieroseblack

1047 posts
Member since Apr 2002

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Nice rise, great work.

DARKWING
Mike Parker

ride......sorry

dinocaprio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dinocaprioSend a Private Message to dinocaprioDirect Link to This Post
Very nice I have Mr seats in my yellow formula and they look as good as when I intalled them 7 years ago.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock