Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Can someone get a good picture of the emissions sticker under the deck lid?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Can someone get a good picture of the emissions sticker under the deck lid? by JohnWPB
Started on: 11-16-2012 10:55 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: BlackEmrald on 11-19-2012 02:33 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Can someone please post as high of resolution photo as you can get of the emissions sticker under the deck lid? I need one for a stock 2.8l GT, 1986 to be specific if there are any differences. As hard as I tried, there was no way to get the existing one off without destroying it. I want to do a replacement up, and put it back where it belongs when the car comes back from the paint shop. I have recreated just about all the other stickers already, and realized that I forgot to do this one. Many of the others I was able to get off, and put on the flat bed scanner.... this one just did not want to cooperate

Thanks! !
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
John,
I took some 12mp ones of mine for you but it's an 88

I'll try to get them up tomorrow night
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Cool! Thanks! I have the original one here that I peeled off, it is more like a clear piece of plastic, where most of the black and adhesive stayed on the lid. I can at least scan it though, and use that to align up the fonts and such when I redo it, so everything is exact to size and location.

I did the same for the rest of the stickers I reproduced. I scanned them, and then used them as a background layer to match & line up the fonts and such.

Here are some of them I did in Photoshop:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-16-2012).]

Cokeologist

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Can someone please post as high of resolution photo as you can get of the emissions sticker under the deck lid? I need one for a stock 2.8l GT, 1986 to be specific if there are any differences. As hard as I tried, there was no way to get the existing one off without destroying it. I want to do a replacement up, and put it back where it belongs when the car comes back from the paint shop. I have recreated just about all the other stickers already, and realized that I forgot to do this one. Many of the others I was able to get off, and put on the flat bed scanner.... this one just did not want to cooperate

Thanks! !

How's this?

I have an 85 2.8L V6 that has been completely restored, and I was also looking for the emissions decal to complete the restoration. Another PFF member actually cut the section out of a spare trunk lid and mailed me the section with the decal attached so I could scan it, which I did. Unfortunately his trunk lid was from an 86 V6 not an 85, so unfortunately it didn't help me any. But it looks like it might help you.

If you would like the original scan, send me a PM with your email address and I am happy to email it to you.

And if anyone can help me with a high res pic or scan of the emissions decal from an 85 2.8L V6, I would be very grateful.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Thank you! That is perfect! I am going to re-create this in Photoshop. I do not know the difference between the 85 & 86 V6 sticker, but if it is just minimal text, I could easily change the layer of text of the one I do for the 86. See if you can get a picture of an 85 sticker, and see what differences there are.
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post
I can get a picture of mine off my 86 SE V6 for you tomorrow if you still need it.
dudewithoutfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroDirect Link to This Post
john as far as i know the only difference between the years is the year itself. all of the other stuff is the same.
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
John here is the one from my 88 GT
I guess 88s got upgraded suspension and stickers

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Pappy (edited 11-17-2012).]

Cokeologist

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2012 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dudewithoutfiero:

john as far as i know the only difference between the years is the year itself. all of the other stuff is the same.

That is simply incorrect. The 85 version is definitely formatted differently than the 86 version.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
And the ones exported to Canada are different also - instead of U.S. EPA regulations, it mentions compliance with Canada Transport regulations.

By the way, it used to be possible to buy new ones. I bought a brand-new '88 sticker back about 2004 but I do not remember where I ordered it from.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
cokeologist,

I can see about swinging by where my 85 is stored today or the next. Not too sure how much of the sticker is still there, though. I'm pretty sure mine looks the same as pictured in your post.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 11-19-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post
I can get the picture of an 86 sticker of my car, just say the word.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock