Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Upgrade for Fiero trunk light (with switch)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Upgrade for Fiero trunk light (with switch) by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 10-30-2012 03:49 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: johnyrottin on 11-01-2012 08:05 AM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
My basement flooded slightly, so I took the opportunity to throw out stuff I didn't want and I came across these in a box.

I know that a lot of people who go to shows are usually rigging something up to turn off the trunk light switch. I have no idea where these light brackets come from... I'm assuming they're GM since they look just like the ones that were on the Fiero... never the less, I thought I'd post it. My Fiero is in storage in another state, so I can't simply compare them. They are exactly 2-1/8th inch long. Anyway, they have a little switch installed on them which lets you turn it off, even when the circuit is on. One of them has the switch going one way, and the other has the switch going the other way... no idea...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I've seen rear passenger reading lights similar to those but I don't remember what car. Maybe an older Cutlass or Beretta. I've also seen a Fiero overhead console mounted in place of the original trunk light. Switchable and much more light, too. Donster installed it in one of his cars.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, I just figured if someone wanted something that looked like 99% stock, but just had a switch... this would probably work.
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
If they are GM, they should have an 8 digit number on the back side somewhere molded into part.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-30-2012 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I hope that they work. Very cool.

I switched mine a few years ago. It still has the stock trunk switch, but i ran another switch hidded for shows. Shows, and the LEDs that are in the engine bay.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I'm starting to think that they actually belong to a Volkswagen Bus... I have a 73 VW Bus also (also in storage) and sometimes I mix up the parts. I'm guessing they might be interior lights for the rear compartment. But I'm thinking that they might work anyway?
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
I have one that came from an Acura Integra, however I haven't installed it yet because I think its a little too big and might require a little surgery to the Fiero sheelmetal to get it to fit. Its looks good though and has a nice switch.
alcazar88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Direct Link to This Post
I am lazy. I use a twig when I want the trunk open and the light off. But I keep having to replace the twig since my wife thinks it is trash when cleaning the trunk. Maybe this isn't a bad idea to have a switch...
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
I have just removed the bulb.

Of course I can see this being a bit of an issue if you drive your car in the dark and need to use the trunk - but then I have that flash light app on the cell phone...
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Switch
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

I am lazy. I use a twig when I want the trunk open and the light off. But I keep having to replace the twig since my wife thinks it is trash when cleaning the trunk. Maybe this isn't a bad idea to have a switch...

I have seen a few folks with the same concept but they use a pin with a "Remove Before Flight" tag attached to it. A tiny hole drilled in the plastic switch enables the pin to be slid in or out to keep the light from being on during shows.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock