Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Pic request - IMSA side qtr pnl on fastback; open & ribbed if you got em

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Pic request - IMSA side qtr pnl on fastback; open & ribbed if you got em by ALJR
Started on: 10-16-2012 01:30 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: ALJR on 10-17-2012 11:57 PM
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Did a search but had a hard time finding pictures of the IMSA side scoops on a Fastback GT...

So I am wondering if anyone has some pics of theirs they could post-up? I have seen a couple that were on coups, but couldn't find any good fastback ones.

I am at the stage in my build where I have to make the decision as to which kind of vents I am going to go with. The IMSA is kinda my first choice as I feel the style matches the Fiero lines better. I do like the aus-style ones as well as they give the car a more up to date look; but I don't think they flow as nicely with the rest of my stock (body) 88GT...

So if you have some pics of the ribbed (for her pleasure) or open style IMSA qtr pnl vents, let see em

Thanks,
AL

BTW; if there is already a thread covering this, a link would be great…
Also, if someone has a set they would like to sell, I may be interested
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
http://fierofiberglass.com/...ages/SideScoops.html

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, thanks for the pics & link... I have seen them in my search; but what i would really like to see is them installed w/ the lower GFX molding in place. curious if it still looks as good...

Anyone have a pic of the ribbed style on a fastback?
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Here are mine.

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post

HAGO!
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

You have a nice looking Fiero. Honestly, no snide remark intended. I had those same rims on my old '87 GT.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Here are mine.

Very nice, thanks for the pics!
I was thinking the open design was my first choice, but after seeing yours I am reconsidering. Especially since yours is the same color as mine...
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I have always liked the ribbed ones as well as the open ones.
I just changed out the mesh that they come with from Silver to Black.

Here is a bit different angle.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 10-17-2012).]

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, I have always liked the ribbed ones as well as the open ones.
I just changed out the mesh that they come with from Silver to Black.

Here is a bit different angle.

Very nice! Think im gonna go ribbed now...
How was the fit/finish?
Did you get yours from Doug @ Fiero Warehouse?
Di you get them pre-drilled or did you do it your self?
http://www.ovis.net/~dmkfiero/fiberglassparts.html

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 10-17-2012).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I got them from Doug.
They fit nice and I had them drill the holes.
I would fit them before getting them painted.
I did have to elongate a couple of the holes and I had to put some washers behind the lower part to make them come out even with the upper moulding above the rockers.
They probably have to be adjusted from car to car as I know there are sometimes variences in the fit.
I would also get the clip set that The Fiero Store sells because when pulling off the belt moulding you will probably break the clips.
I got the whole set and they work great.

http://www.fierostore.com/P...ail.aspx?s=81021&p=2
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post

They probably have to be adjusted from car to car as I know there are sometimes variences in the fit.

Exactly right! It is customary with most fiberglass parts, especially those made in a non mass production manner, to expect to have to do some fitting and finishing, and even a little on those parts that are mass produced. Even though all the cars the parts are made to fit are the "same", no two are exactly alike and variences have to be considered.

Thanks for pointing this out without complaining about it, that's the attitude that will enable these type parts to continue to be made and offered.

We, and I'm sure everybody else that produces this way tries to make the best product possible, but given the nature of the cars and the production methods, if you don't expect to have to "fit and finish" these type parts, you probably just should not order them.

I do appreciate feedback from time to time, but would point out that it is only beneficial when it is of the sort that helps us produce a better product.

I just finished extending the top edge of the open IMSA scoop molds with brass strips, because I discovered that they had become shorter than they needed to be, so the ones that already are out there are fine, the ones produced from here on out will be even better, which helps the end user and the one producing them.

When I get to have a dialogue with a customer, I ALWAYS advise fitting the parts to your car before final finishing and installation.

Your car looks great, I really like the flared rockers, makes it look much more "custom", at least IMHO. Thanks for choosing our scoops, for posting the pics and for being a positive Fiero owner!

Raydar, your car is still one of my all time favorites, thanks for posting it again!

Thanks to everyone for the positive contributions.

HAGO!
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Sage

Bit confused; are you Doug from the Fiero Warehouse? Or someone else who makes IMSA style qtr vents?

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 10-17-2012).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
No problem Sage, your fiberglass work is top notch.

ALJR, Doug with Fiero Warehouse sells the parts and Sage does the fiberglass work.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 10-17-2012).]

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

ALJR, Doug with Fiero Warehouse sells the parts and Sage does the fiberglass work.

Ahh, thanks...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock