Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Looking for used heater hoses for 88 with A/C to have reproductions made

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Looking for used heater hoses for 88 with A/C to have reproductions made by Rodney
Started on: 10-11-2012 05:01 AM
Replies: 18
Last post by: Robert 2 on 01-30-2013 10:16 AM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
A few keep asking me to have new heater core rubber hoses made for the 88 with A/C. So I am looking for some used samples. The can be slit for removal. They should be dimensionally in good condition.

Once I have some good samples I can get these made. Would probably take several months. Maybe by late winter/spring.

Any other molded rubber hose requests while I am at it?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post
I have a question, is there a difference between the 84 through 88 models when it comes to the two front heater hoses only on an A/C equipped car?
I'm not finding much info for the two front heater hoses on the A/C cars at all on the net.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 10-11-2012).]

zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
1988 4 cyl passenger side engine to coolant tube hose PLEASE! It is no longer available. In fact, I don't believe you can get either the driver or passenger engine to coolant tube hoses now. I'll see if I can find you some old ones to use as templates.

[This message has been edited by zefferk (edited 10-11-2012).]

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post
Kind of thought there would be more interest in this....;(

Kevin
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

A few keep asking me to have new heater core rubber hoses made for the 88 with A/C. So I am looking for some used samples. The can be slit for removal. They should be dimensionally in good condition.

Once I have some good samples I can get these made. Would probably take several months. Maybe by late winter/spring.

Any other molded rubber hose requests while I am at it?

Rodney, I think the 88 hoses that are from the waterpump down to the lower pipes (that are next to the rocker panels)
and the other side (coolant crossover pipe to the lower pipe, drivers side) could be a good suggestion. I bought those 2 hoses
back in 2008. I have a feeling those are going to probably be obsolete soon. I got mine from NAPA.

Both front hoses that go to the radiator could be another good idea.
------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

[This message has been edited by fierogt28 (edited 10-12-2012).]

87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertDirect Link to This Post
I recently tried to get the 88 V6 pipe to water pump hose from several sources and could not get one. I had to make one from some pieces and a length of metal pipe. This hose is different than the 85-87 V6 pipe to water pump hoses because the passenger side coolant pipe was changed for 88.

Rolland
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
Rodney, I have both of these hoses if you need them. I am rebuilding/modifying one of my 88 GT's and in the process have removed the hoses. The left (upper) one still has the web wrap on it and is in very good shape. I was thinking of (reluctantly) reusing it. The passenger lower hose is not in real good condition because the inner spring is pretty rusty. Dimensionally, both should be near perfect. If you need them, let me know and I can get them shipped out.
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Rodney drive up here to Gibsons in Neenah, they have 4 88's siting in the yard and sell parts dirt cheap plus I might have one sitting at Doug Chartre's house I will look tomorrow, we are parting out a 88 and taking it to the bone yard in the morning I will see if I can quick cut off those hoses from whats left of the front clip. Maybe av8fiero can drop them off by you on his way to Illinois to pick up his daughter next weekend.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Rodney drive up here to Gibsons in Neenah, they have 4 88's siting in the yard and sell parts dirt cheap plus I might have one sitting at Doug Chartre's house I will look tomorrow, we are parting out a 88 and taking it to the bone yard in the morning I will see if I can quick cut off those hoses from whats left of the front clip. Maybe av8fiero can drop them off by you on his way to Illinois to pick up his daughter next weekend.

Someone...save those 88s !!!!!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Someone...save those 88s !!!!!!!

too late they are pretty toasted including the 88 i cut up into 6 chunks but a tree fell on it so it was done for anyway.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
My heater hoses are leaking but it looks to me like regular heater hose cut to length will work..

I think it would also be very useful to have someone re-create the large rubber fuel line going into the gas tank. These are getting old and brittle.
PFF
System Bot
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 getting parted that has a/c it was a 4 cyl 5 speed will this work for ya ?? Pm me if it does I will pull it apart

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
I spent some time with my P-22 manual today. This is for the two hoses to the heater core in the front compartment. From what I can find:

The 84-86 hoses are all the same (unless someone proves me wrong) with or without A/C and L4 or V-6. I have a good used set of samples from an 84 with A/C so I will look to get these made. So these 2 hoses (one inlet and one outlet) cover all Fiero models from 1984-1986 with or without A/C.

The 87 is a stand alone. The hoses are different with or without A/C.

So there are 4 variations. 87 with A/C and 87 W/O A/C

The 88 is also a stand alone. The hoses are different with or without A/C.

So there are 4 variations. 88 With A/C and 88 W/O A/C.

So to start I would like to do all the hoses for A/C cars. These are the heater core hoses for the front compartment.

So I need samples from an 87 with A/C and samples from an 88 with A/C.

So if I eventually make them all there are 10 different hoses.
------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 01-29-2013).]

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post
Rodney, carefull on following the P22 on the heater hoses. I have found it to be incomplete with a pages missing or just messed up. There seems to be no mention of the heater hoses for 84-86 cars with A/C. The picture for the 84-86 (page 256 of 356 in my electronic copy) is showing only for the Non A/C cars. The A/C equiped cars for 84 have the hoses coming out straight forward, just like the picture posted in the lower right hand corner in the P22 for the 87-88 A/C equipped cars.(page 259 of 356) and not down at an angle as pictured for the non A/C cars. There seems to be a picture page missing between pages 257 and 258 or a page missing for the part numbers for the 84-86 cars with A/C. I have spent way too much time looking at this myself and still have to admit, I'm not sure what is going on with all the supposed different hoses. I would assume if there are only two different heater cores,(according to the P22) there should only be four different hoses all together. This does not seem to be the case looking at part numbers and I have nothng to compare things to here in the middle of no where. Must be something to do with the pipes underneath the cars from different years. The more I look at the parts and numbers available for the different years and then not include the 84, the less I understand. If I had access to a bunch of different year Fieros with A/C and without, I would have tried to figure this out, but I just kind of gave up.

Kevin
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003
Oh and if you want some real fun, go to the Fiero Store's site and make yourself a grid on paper showing the years with A/C and without in rows, plus 4 and 6 cylinder models and both hoses in columns. Fill in the grid with the hoses listed on their site. They seem (using that word lightly) to have everything covered except 84 with A/C and the 88, 4 and 6 cylinders with A/C.
The 85, 86, 87 4 cylinders do not show the hoses available directly in the first screens, but the descriptions (more info) says will/may fit others. I have a headache again.

Kevin
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Rodney, carefull on following the P22 on the heater hoses. I have found it to be incomplete with a pages missing or just messed up.

I got that same feeling. BUT: If I get samples from these various years etc I will be able to see what fits what and what is the same etc. I have one guy that is going to send me some 88 (with A/C I believe) hoses. So I hope to get started on some of them soon. I'm still looking for any samples. Even if they are doubles at least I can make sure they are all the same for that year etc.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Robert 2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
Any you recognize in there ?

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 01-29-2013).]

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robert 2:

Any you recognize in there ?

Are there any GM part numbers printed on them?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Robert 2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
Sorry Rodney ,but after looking a them and comparing with the one on my car none of the one showed are the good size They all have serial number , some are GM and other have Lay written on them .

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 01-30-2013).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock