Started on: 08-15-2012 09:05 PM
Replies: 62
Last post by: Oslo on 08-22-2012 01:01 AM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I'm working with GTR Lighting to get custom Fiero Logo LED Projectors made.

Have you seen these things yet?

Basically they have a 2-wire 12v hookup to turn them on and they are designed to be flush mounted on the bottom of your door so when you open it up you get a logo. Each kit comes with a left and a right projector and an accompanying hole saw. You can mount these about anywhere you want, but they're designed to go in the bottom of the door frame or door panel. Right now you can get all kinds of different logos but we can get custom ones made if we have a large enough order. I could do a group buy on the forum for about $45 each (normal price is about $80) but first we'd need to come up with a design.

Let's see it - which Fiero logo do you think would be the best to use in this product? The reason I ask is because you guys have come up with some really cool Fiero logos and thought you might be able to determine what the best logo to use would be.
All opinions are welcome!

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 08-15-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few that I found, but before we go ahead with anything we'd need consent from the logo owner:

NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEDirect Link to This Post
Man that's flippin sweet! I'd buy a set depending on the design. I'd be very happy with just the Pontiac logo!
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
STOP IT!

You just keep finding ways to separate me from my money...

How about just the strait pagasus logo? The one without the shield border around it.

Noolan
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2012 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I'm with Noolan.

Count me in. I know it will rock!

Tony
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilDirect Link to This Post
Are they interchangeable? I'd love to get the decepticon set as well as the Pegasus (group buy).
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:
we'd need consent from the logo owner:

This one has already been released by the designer to be used by anyone. I had nose badges made like this. See them in my build thread link.

------------------
Jonathan
23K mile '85 notchie w/ 88 cradle, '87 2.8/Getrag, Air, PW, PDL, PM - Still under construction
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121056.html
I'm not a mechanic but I play one in my garage - me
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not - Thomas Jefferson
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants - Thomas Jefferson

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007
It would be cool if you mounted both up front. You could turn them on just before you get home and as you get closer to your garage door, the images blend together into one as you come to a stop. You have my interest in this project! Naturally, I'd prefer the side view Pegasus but the Pontiac Arrowhead would be my second choice.

Jonathan
jwrape

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
I want a set for the Fiero and the Z3M

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/085541.html

fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
You know I am in. how about original pegasus with shield border in red / white. I will advance order if needed.

DARKWING,
aka, Mike Parker
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I'm with Noolan.

Count me in. I know it will rock!

Tony

LMAO

NOLAN
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I am surprised you guys aren't mostly interested in Cliff's new logo: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090907-1-069123.html

I really like the idea of doing the new style logo, but maybe the traditional style would be best:

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
So here are the options:

Style #1: Traditional:

Style #2: Cliff's Modern:

Style #3: Modern Side-View:

The graphics here are all rough drafts, but it should give you an idea of the style choices.

What are your votes?

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
Order of awesomeness------- 3-------2-------1 so the side view cliffs new one and then the original
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
I would vote for them 3...1...2

If an Arrowhead was a possibility, I would vote - 3...Arrowhead...1...2

Jonathan
flyntus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusDirect Link to This Post
1 - Traditional
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEDirect Link to This Post
I don't like number 2 at all. I either want number 1 or the arrowhead.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the input. Keep the votes coming!

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the input. Keep the votes coming!

Oslo,
My order of preference would be as follows:
. . Style #1: Traditional Logo:
. . Style #2: Cliff's Modern Logo:
. . Style #3: Modern Side-View Logo:

Its a nifty little idea, even if it is a little "Ricer" if you know what I mean.
~ Bob ~

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I would be in for the original Fiero Logo. Of the other 31 Manufacturers logo's showin in the first post, all are original, and none are off shoots.

NOTHING personal against Cliff in any way, but I totally dislike #2. It was a matter of necessity to change the logo from the original, just enough, so that it could be used without being sued by GM, and it shows. A copy, with 90% of the detail lost.

#3 I THINK was done by InfinateWill? I am not positive, so please correct me if I am wrong. It is Ok, but I still like the original, style #1
[EDIT: This was NOT done by InfinateWill, see below post for more ]

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-17-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-01-2016).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I think you guys are right, we should just stick with the OEM logo. I think it would be good to do the Fiero logo instead of the Pontiac Arrowhead because it's more vehicle-specific and custom.

I'll make a group buy thread in the mall after a few more people chime in here with opinions.

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
That will work for me.

Nolan
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

NOTHING personal against Cliff in any way, but I totally dislike #2. It was a matter of necessity to change the logo from the original, just enough, so that it could be used without being sued by GM, and it shows. A copy, with 90% of the detail lost.

Actually, that's not why I designed that logo. I used the original logo for 10 years and nobody ever sued me (or threatened to sue me). And I'm sure I would be fine if I would use it for another 10 years.

The Fiero is an old car, but people now modernize it in any way possible. I wanted a logo that reflected that. A logo that was more abstract/modern, but unmistakably the Fiero logo (just like a lot of the Fieros have been modernized but still unmistakably are Fieros).

I don't like the side view logos at all. Not only because I have some weird obsession with symmetry, but because if you would take away the word "Fiero", you wouldn't recognize it as a Fiero logo. The only similarity is that they are both Pegasuses.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
For obvious reasons, I wouldn't want to get in on the original logo. That's why I suggested the Arrowhead.

Jonathan
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, thanks for chiming in - I personally think your modernized logo is very cool!!

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for a kit..... I wonder how much to get my V8 logo (from my siggy) also .... THX

Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 08-19-2012).]

Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I like all three logos, but I am against an arrowhead. I'm against Pontiac branding the car completely. Pontiac hasn't been responsible for the fiero for years now, all the mods, and work is "fan base" and with the amount of custom stuff people make theres a totally new car, probably atleast 10 of them. I'm all for fiero being its own brand not just a model.

Favorite designs would be Cliffs then the original. No offense to side shot.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Revamped (I can do any color combo) let me know
Danyel
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for a kit as well.

My vote goes for the traditional Fiero logo. This is the logo that's present everywhere else on the car so it would keep things looking stock.

------------------
--
Ben
87 GT
84 Indy #1863

PFF
System Bot
marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanDirect Link to This Post
I am in for a kit too
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
ya im in for a kit depending on the logo.... although im OCD with symitry i like 3 the most.... that and a decepticon
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Style #3: Modern Side-View:

Every time I see that logo I'm reminded the artist who created it ripped off members of this forum. Some people love it, but the association poisoned it for me.
If it was me, I'd choose a factory style Fiero logo or Pontiac arrowhead.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Greetings,

I want a set either way, but my vote is;

1 is 1
2 is 2
3 is 3

Thanks
DARKWING,
aka, Mike Parker
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I have a pair i paid $25 delivered for my Lexus logoed
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
One question that I do have though is, with the bottom of our doors being so low to the ground, how big will the projected image actually be?

Nolan
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Revamped (I can do any color combo) let me know
Danyel

Danyel, if you supply the art work I bet the Fiero community would be happy to see you get a set for free...

Can you do that logo in a few different color styles that may look good? We'll all pick the best one and go from there.

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantDirect Link to This Post

Danyel, if you supply the art work I bet the Fiero community would be happy to see you get a set for free...

Can you do that logo in a few different color styles that may look good? We'll all pick the best one and go from there.

I'll second that. Willing to chip-in so he gets a bit of a reward for his work!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
@ OSLO sure I'll post different combos
Danyel
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock