Fiero #5 by deadwood
Started on: 07-01-2012 12:31 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: deadwood on 08-02-2012 09:18 PM
deadwood

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post
Been awhile since I've been in ownership of a Fiero. Glad to be back, will I actually keep this time? I hope so. Finally got a manual one. 1986 2M6. Great shape, inside and out. One problem, it won't start. I'll get it figured out though. Traded for a $500 Acura Vigor I had. This puppy doesn't even have seat wear. Looking forward to getting it rolling under it's own power.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilDirect Link to This Post
Nice find!
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Nice car!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
Sweet
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Nice find, indeed!
That car is worth 4-5 times that, in running condition.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Nice find, indeed!
That car is worth 4-5 times that, in running condition.

Hope to make that happen in fairly short order. First step is getting a battery in it and see what does or doesn't happen...

------------------
'86 Fiero 2M6 4-speed

jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Looks good! what is keeping it from running?
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081969.html
deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Looks good! what is keeping it from running?
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081969.html

Not sure, sounds like shadetree gave up interest/money after a good amount of new parts, dist. rotor, clutch, etc. all new. From what he said, it turns over but won't fire.

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by deadwood:

Not sure, sounds like shadetree gave up interest/money after a good amount of new parts, dist. rotor, clutch, etc. all new. From what he said, it turns over but won't fire.

Were are you located, I bet it would be easy to get going again with little work.
deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post

Were are you located, I bet it would be easy to get going again with little work.

I'm down in Kiel, I'll let you know the results of what happens when battery put in and key turns.
deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post

deadwood

207 posts
Member since Oct 2002

[This message has been edited by deadwood (edited 07-01-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by deadwood:

Check fuel pressure and spark. Also check the two 5 amp injector fuses in the fuse box under the dash.

Steve
deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Check fuel pressure and spark. Also check the two 5 amp injector fuses in the fuse box under the dash.

Steve

Will do, thanks
deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post
Alright peeps, I put a battery in the old girl and turned the key. Any idea based on sound alone??

http://www.youtube.com/watc...DDby3tk&feature=plcp
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
No spark.
deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post

No spark.

Has new cap and rotor so maybe something hooked up funky. Anywho, for the equivelant of getting it for 500 bucks I'm happy it does anything. All electronics seem to work, windows, lights etc.

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Damn man that is a nice car. It is exactly the car I was looking for before I found my 85GT.... Good luck with it...peace

Pete

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like it's trying to at least fire once or twice in that vid.

Check the basics:

Pull dist cap and check under there, who knows? could be no rotor or something stupid like that
Plug wires hooked up from correct post on dist cap to correct plug?
Timing. If new dist then who knows where the timing is at.
Can you hear fuel pump prime when you first turn on key.
Fuel pressure, check at Schreader valve on fuel rail.
As already suggested, inj fuses.

Maybe pull plugs as well, at least the easy ones to check state of them. May give you some indication as to what's going on, like are they well wet etc.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

jimig1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimig1Click Here to visit jimig1's HomePageSend a Private Message to jimig1Direct Link to This Post
Check the pickup coil on the distributor. A few years back my GT died a few miles after taking it out of storage. Turned over but no spark. When I looked at the pickup coil, it was corroded. You can replace just the coil, but I put in a new distributor, and the problem was solved.

Hope this helps.
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Sounds like it's trying to at least fire once or twice in that vid.

Check the basics:

Pull dist cap and check under there, who knows? could be no rotor or something stupid like that
Plug wires hooked up from correct post on dist cap to correct plug?
Timing. If new dist then who knows where the timing is at.
Can you hear fuel pump prime when you first turn on key.
Fuel pressure, check at Schreader valve on fuel rail.
As already suggested, inj fuses.

Maybe pull plugs as well, at least the easy ones to check state of them. May give you some indication as to what's going on, like are they well wet etc.

+1
Thats where I would start also...
deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post
Will check it out when the temps out side go below 100 sheesh
PFF
System Bot
deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post
It's alive! Drove home from shop today. Bad ignition module, timing off. Still needs new plugs as it doesn't run all that smoothly yet, but it gets down the road under its own power! Handles and shifts very nicely though. Light at the end of the tunnel is here

------------------
'86 Fiero 2M6 4-speed

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock