Started on: 06-11-2012 09:05 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Boostdreamer on 06-11-2012 03:57 PM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
The sale of these molds was being worked out the last time I looked into it. Apparently, that deal has fallen through. I don't know if any of the molds from Jack's collection are available separately or if they are looking to sell the entire business as a whole. It would be nice if these GT-40 bodies were available again. I've been watching eBay for quite some time and I've only seen one of his cars come across the block. I've only had interest in doing two re-bodies. His MK-I kit is my all time favorite and the Roma Dino 246 convertible was my second choice. It sure would be nice to see a forum member pick this product up and bring it back to life.

http://cobracountry.com/cob...folder/Kube-requiem/

------------------
Jonathan
23K mile '85 notchie w/ 88 cradle, '87 2.8/Getrag, Air, PW, PDL, PM - Still under construction
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121056.html
I'm not a mechanic but I play one in my garage - me
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not - Thomas Jefferson
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants - Thomas Jefferson

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2012 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
no photo of the gt40 kit.. bummer..
the cobra/daytona are done by FFR.. so the molds for those might be a lost cause..

I'd like to see the gt40.. on a fiero frame.. but again others make that kit with a better framework than the fiero base car..
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
The one from eBay

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

I'd like to see the gt40.. on a fiero frame.. but again others make that kit with a better framework than the fiero base car..

Several examples of the Fiero GT-40 have been marketed. Most had poor quality issues including thin fiberglass and cheap hardware. The only source of a Fiero based GT-40 that I know of is V8 Archie. I'm sure his is a quality product but it is an attempt to be too accurate. I don't need original looking doors or windshield. I don't care if the NAF kit doesn't fool anyone. That's not my goal. I just think it is hands down the best looking body for a Fiero. Yes, even better than factory.

As for other replicas with purpose-built frames, those cars are out of my league. My situation would have to change a whole lot before I could justify a $50K+ toy.

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 06-11-2012).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
wasn't knocking it.. it's just the demand for a kit for a car that , I don't know about the whole country.. but here. there are not a ton left that are not rust buckets..
after buy'n my indy.. I love it.. but if I was to build a kit it be a FFR as they are 14999.oo
if for no other reason that parts for the fiero are not easy to get.. now.. ten years from now it might be even worse..
I don't have that crystal ball.
larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
V8 archie sells one too.

http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm

Click on kits he calls it GT4T

"A totally accurate Mark I body mounted to a specially modified Fiero chassis. Featuring accurate bodywork, windscreen, side windows, rear window, headlight & parking light covers."

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-11-2012).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
The NAF cars were more of a true do-it-yourself kit and Archie's GT4T is something he produces in-house to at least a rolling chasis stage in the build. Archie's car also features an early racing front bumper that is shorter in front of the headlights than that of the NAF. I prefer the look of the later MK-I. Archie's car is just too detail oriented and expensive for my needs. I would be happy with just the NAF body and stock Fiero interior. Whatever I have will always be frequently, if not daily driven.

Here's a few links:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...030531-1-024291.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-1-062065.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090907-1-069043.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjibt9Za6Y0

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 06-11-2012).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave