Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  "Quite possibly the most outrageous Pontiac Fiero rally car around."

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

"Quite possibly the most outrageous Pontiac Fiero rally car around." by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 05-30-2012 04:10 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: FierociousGT on 11-11-2012 07:00 AM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Title & following are from this youtube video,

CanadaMotorSports

Bendle & MacKenzie Pontiac Fiero Rocky Mountain Rally May 1991. Quite possibly the most outrageous Pontiac Fiero rally car around. With Time Bendle piloting and Art MacKenzie navigating, they were never boring. Plus a couple of clips of rather rare Toyota Celica 4WD and a Mazda 323 AWD.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
chasebmx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chasebmxSend a Private Message to chasebmxDirect Link to This Post
here is another video of the same car in 1994
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLHUci7bpo
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

I am sad to say that this is right in my backyard and never knew that it existed...

Thanks for posting...will have to check this out.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 05-30-2012).]

ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Neat! That takes some skill and guts to throw a midengined car around in the dirt like that.

Anyone catch a glimpse in the engine bay in the second vid? Superduty?
chasebmx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chasebmxSend a Private Message to chasebmxDirect Link to This Post
this is all the information i could find on that car

http://www.sentex.net/~fdekat/good.html

Bighorn Rally, May 1994: Art Makenzie has built the Fiero supposedly to prove that a North American carcan do well at rallying. When it goes, it is fast. However, as it is so highly modified things are often not working. They don't have to take many spare parts for service, as the whole car is almost all custom built. It has a Pontiac race engine, and modified suspension. It is an amazing car,and very impressive to watch in action. It can do as well as some of the AWD cars, and it is only RWD. Credit must be given to Tim Bendle who manages to control the beast!

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ConvictedRedneck:

Neat! That takes some skill and guts to throw a midengined car around in the dirt like that.

Anyone catch a glimpse in the engine bay in the second vid? Superduty?

kinda looks like it... lot of abouse for that engine...

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
They won the Canadian Championship with that car, I remember watching that race. They did a custom chassis in later years and it was called a Pegasus, they were stretching the rules with the modified car. Terry Epp the President of C.A.R.S. back then was my 4th grade teacher.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Finally an IMSA being used AS A RACE CAR !!
VERY cool ! More info on that car??
yes it looked like superduty to me.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
That looks like SO much fun!

I'm insanely jealous of those that have the kind of money to be able to race their favorite cars like that.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a plain duke to me. Lol.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chasebmx:

here is another video of the same car in 1994

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLHUci7bpo

Damn, that Fiero is awesome!

PFF
System Bot
rallyart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2012 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rallyartSend a Private Message to rallyartDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for being months late seeing this post, but...
The engine is a 3 litre SuperDuty block with raised port aluminum race head and has a custom built tuned port manifold with sequential port injection and custom 4-1 header. The transmission is a Getrag 5 speed case with special order Webster dog clutch gears. As set up in the second video it ran 300 hp at 7000 RPM but was built for an extremely broad power band and was tuned to redline at 7500.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2012 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Man, that looks like fun...

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rallyart:

Sorry for being months late seeing this post, but...
The engine is a 3 litre SuperDuty block with raised port aluminum race head and has a custom built tuned port manifold with sequential port injection and custom 4-1 header. The transmission is a Getrag 5 speed case with special order Webster dog clutch gears. As set up in the second video it ran 300 hp at 7000 RPM but was built for an extremely broad power band and was tuned to redline at 7500.

Very cool.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Cool post! Reminds me of the Lancia Stratos rally car.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock