Started on: 04-27-2012 10:52 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: darkhorizon on 04-29-2012 06:06 PM
PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
So I knew my fiero was fast..and AkursedX ran a best of 11.367 @ 121.03mph. I planned on going 2 weeks ago but managed to ruin the turbo the night before. I contacted Herman of cherryturbos.com locally and I recked the turbo nicely and would have needed a complete rebuild. I instead opted for his "Herminator" which I do not have all the details. Basically it is my master power turbo that I ruined the fresh air side and shaft, with a garret center housing, Holset fresh air housing and rotating bits. So I take the car to the track and maybe AkusedX can tell you if his 11.367 was hard to do but back to my story.

We line up, full tank of fuel and two adults, run 2 test 1/8 mile runs watching boost, kr and a/f. all great. I kick him out, no burn outs at all tonight and run a 11.0382 @ 125.00 mph. Next I spool up a bit but not hard enough to build boost and let her go and snag a 10.9869 @ 127.13 mph. Thats when I decided I exceeded all my goals and just left. Did not drop any tire pressures, car is in full trim (a/c cruise etc) full tank of fuel and just shy of 18lbs of boost (17 and change on the anolag dial).....car could do more since I only had to turn up the boost knob and I had Zero KR.

Short version.

10.9869 @127.13 mph in the 1/4. 3800 turbo a/a intercooler with 18 psi, 4t65E

video by a friend and you can see Beck (Her86GT) - iphone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF7JwavKjFk

Video by Beck - blackberry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZcDrdLJt4

Time slip.

Was a blast, car worked flawlessly...

Pete

------------------

88 3800 turbo

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Her86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Her86GTClick Here to visit Her86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Her86GTDirect Link to This Post
Took this before the big night. Here is when I was hoping to drive the car back home and not in a tow truck.

------------------

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Nice times......car is rollin....
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Congrats!
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Damn man that car was really moving....Congrats on a great time man. Looking forward to even better times on that bad boy soon. Car looks great too....peace

Pete
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Very nice and congrats. I'm glade to see that car is still being driven. What fuel are you running?

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I rally wish I was able to buy that car....

Damn quick, man.
LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Direct Link to This Post
What tires? That's easy mid 10s with a better 60'. Hopefully I'll be joining the 10 sec club in early June. Congrats!

------------------
11.425 @115.60
Best 60' 1.543 seconds
3800 S/C 4T65E

New combo : Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, otherwise stock L36.

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about the (old) turbo, but I'm happy to hear that car made it into the 10's. AND in full trim no less. Congrats!

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

PBJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Rear tires are Nitto 555 Drag Radials (245/45/17)

Fuel used Sunoco 94 octane.

The reason for the full tank of fuel was some of the fuel in the tank was left over from last year and only Esso 91 octane.(car is stored for winter)

One of the parts I really like is the way it went down the track is no different then daily driver, I had to do nothing at the track or pump up tires, re assemble the car to take it to work.

Just wish I could take the credit for building the car....but I have no problem owning it and tweaking it to make it "more mine". Thanks for the compliments eh. There certainly was no one disrespecting the fiero brand last night at the track

Pete

------------------

88 3800 turbo

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
I knew it could do it! Congratulations! That car certainly loves to run it's best times in April.

I was really bummed I couldn't have been out there for it. My wife had to hear me talking about it all day yesterday. If I would have been MI, I would have made the trek out there. 127mph on 94-octane is AWESOME! When I sold the car to Pete, I cut back to a more conservative tune on the car as I didn't want it running on the ragged edge. But his AFR's were probably in the low 11's and timing map is toned down. If he can run 18psi on that tune with no issues, I can see 20-22psi being do-able.

Congrats again. I posted the video to my facebook and there were many congratulations from there too. A lot of my friends have helped on that car through the years.

The car looks great! I love what you have been doing.

Edit: Don't forget to post your slip in the 1/4 mile thread!

------------------
'04 Mazda RX8 Build Thread
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph (Sold and gone now)
GM Tuners

[This message has been edited by AkursedX (edited 04-28-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the run !!!

Do you know what your top mph (mile time) would be with your setup ?
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
Nice work !
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Do you know what your top mph (mile time) would be with your setup ?

Well i wouldnt recommend shifting into overdrive on a top speed run as it would probably detroy the transmission. With that being said, it'll bounce off the rev limiter in 3rdthe at 145mph. I hit that a few times at MIS with the Capitol City Fiero club
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the response, I didn't know that the auto trans has weak spot in the top end.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Nice times......car is rollin....

You know I wana be next...RIGHT...
lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME! Did Darth build this setup? And was anything done to the transmission?
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
I'm very impressed with it running that good on pump 94. That new turbo must be ball'n.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

You know I wana be next...RIGHT...

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....
dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaDirect Link to This Post
Tens are moving, congratulations.
PBJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
The swap was done by Ryan Gick (Darth Fiero on PFF) of Sinister Performance along with the previous owner AkursedX.

The turbo on the vehicle when I purchased it worked Perfectly. Herman of Cherry turbo who in many peoples opinion is spot on took the car out for a drive a few weeks after I purchased it and recommended no changes other then the car does run on the rich side under boost but if I am not experiencing any concerns with than its not a worry. But when I ruined the turbo I told him if he was to build me a "herminator hybrid" it needs to be better then what he already called "perfect" he said he could since the rotating mass will now be much lighter and compressor head will be modified. Well the boost now climbs faster then the gauge can keep up IMO, flattend the torque curve huge.

as for the transmission:
-4t65e-HD performance built by Dave of Triple Edge Performance
-Custom Stall converter
-Upgraded clutchpacks
-Hardened input shaft
-Heavy duty transmission cooler
-7/8" chain and 3.29 gearset

I could listen to that transmission shift mid track all day, sounds increadable!!

On pump gas....the guys at the track were crazy impressed and speachless when I tell them the car is sitting in full street trim...what it does here it does daily driven.

I have built many fieros but really have not turned many wrenches on this one so I do not have all the answers so it is nice to have AkursedX and Darth Fiero here.

Pete

------------------

88 3800 turbo

PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
Oh no! You've gone from Caddys over to the dark side! Congrats Pete!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, Pete! The video is just amazing. In street trim, with a full tank! LOL!!
Nice job, guys.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I said it in the 1/4 mile thread, but I'll post it again here... congrats!

That thing is scary fast when you took me for a ride in it last fall!
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PBJ:

The turbo on the vehicle when I purchased it worked Perfectly. Herman of Cherry turbo who in many peoples opinion is spot on took the car out for a drive a few weeks after I purchased it and recommended no changes other then the car does run on the rich side under boost but if I am not experiencing any concerns with than its not a worry. But when I ruined the turbo I told him if he was to build me a "herminator hybrid" it needs to be better then what he already called "perfect" he said he could since the rotating mass will now be much lighter and compressor head will be modified. Well the boost now climbs faster then the gauge can keep up IMO, flattend the torque curve huge.

On pump gas....the guys at the track were crazy impressed and speachless when I tell them the car is sitting in full street trim...what it does here it does daily driven.

I have built many fieros but really have not turned many wrenches on this one so I do not have all the answers so it is nice to have AkursedX and Darth Fiero here.

I tuned the car rich before I sold it to Pete for safety/longevity purposes, but if you ever want to change the tune any Pete, just send me a PM and we'll get together. I'm not getting rid of my HPTuner anytime soon as I still do some tuning here and there for some locals. I already have the license of the PCM so it will cost you nothing but gas and time.

And I know I said it before, but I'll say it again. I'm really glad that a guy like Pete bought the car. He has kept me up to date on what he's been doing with it and isn't afraid to ask me questions about any of the particulars. Plus he knows how to turn a wrench so he has handled the few issues he's had quite well.

------------------
'04 Mazda RX8 Build Thread
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph (Sold and gone now)
GM Tuners

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I never cared for those masterpower turbos myself... Good to see some holset power under the hood of that thing! I have a feeling it is the same turbo that is on my street fiero and justinbarts car just modified to fit in a small frame.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock