Started on: 03-23-2012 07:53 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: fiero al on 03-24-2012 06:34 PM
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Got newer rims on Goldie today! They are 225/60/16 in the front and 235/60/16 in the rear. I really like them. I got them from my friend Alex in a trade for labor on his 3800S/C swap.

Before (stock 14's)

After!!

I added the black lug nuts caps after I took these pictures, so it looks even better! I DO have Rodney's 1" lowering ball joints that I need to install, so that will "finish" off the look.

I had factory 15's on there that I got in early 2011, but the tires wore out and I ran over a huge nail so those were scrapped in December.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 03-23-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
That's a major improvement. Personally I think chromed acorn nuts would look better than plastic caps.

Coming to Daytona next weekend?
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleDirect Link to This Post
cant tell with out pics but i think the black would add a nice accent like the body trim. but then again i always liked the stock rims.
looks good!
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yea, Alex had the chrome lug nuts with these rims, and it did look very nice. I was considering it, it's something I'll add in the near future.

As for Daytona...no not really. A bit too far away when I have college classes still.
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all,

Those look great!! Sweet trade!!

Thanx all for yur time...

Air-eek
GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
Not bad wheels but in my opinion they don't match your car's style/color very well...they just sort of "stick out" too much visually.

Still nice trade

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 03-24-2012).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yea you aren't the only one. Before putting them on, I was thinking about painting them black with a chrome lip. But that style has been over played too much.
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
THOSE WHEELS ARE EPIC!!!!!!!! they say so right on them

I'm loving that you have 235's on the back. if/when I get 16-17 wheels I want either 235 or 245 on the back (wider is better )

your gas mileage should improve with those taller tires.

[This message has been edited by gtxbullet (edited 03-24-2012).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtxbullet:

THOSE WHEELS ARE EPIC!!!!!!!! they say so right on them

I'm loving that you have 235's on the back. if/when I get 16-17 wheels I want either 235 or 245 on the back (wider is better )

your gas mileage should improve with those taller tires.

Dude, you missed when I had 255's back there last year.

Sadly, those tires wore out and were gotten rid of. Couldn't afford new tires for those when I had the 14's that I could use (still can't), so I just scrapped them

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 03-25-2012).]

gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Dude, you missed when I had 255's back there last year.
Sadly, those tires wore out and were gotten rid of. Couldn't afford new tires for those when I had the 14's that I could use (still can't), so I just scrapped them

nope. I remember those. they were really freakin TALL!!!! 255 huh? hmmmm...how was strut clearance? could 265's work without coil overs?
those are nice and beefy.

and I see Celsius there. I wish that mechanic would hurry up! Oosky needs him for the Dells Run!

what did you do to your tail lights? they look nice! the honey comb pattern is different...

gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

gtxbullet

4164 posts
Member since Apr 2008
double post...

PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Depends on the rim offset, but no way. These 16's have more offset then stock 15's do, so my 235's now wouldn't fit well with stock springs, they rubbed on Alex's GT. As for the 255's, same deal. To go this wide, you need coilovers and the removal of that big factory spring perch.

EDIT: By the way, 235/60/16's are actually taller overall compared to 255/60/15's.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 03-24-2012).]

fiero al

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
Rims look good Matt. I do like the chrome look that these rims have and wish I could have used them on my car but the tires were too big and didn't work well on my car.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock