found a fiero in a junk yard by fiero al
Started on: 02-18-2012 03:01 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: solotwo on 03-16-2012 08:03 PM
fiero al

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday I went to a junk yard called Denison auto to go look at a fiero that I heard was just put in there. After looking at it I found out that it was a 88 coupe. it was in pretty decent shape as in interior and some exterior body panels but it did have some rust in some areas like the trunk and on the underside . it has around 64,000 miles on it and has very little options in it. Here are some pics of it that I took while there.[Water droplets got on my lens so that's what the circles are in some of the pics]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
If the frame was good I'd consider using it since it's an 88 and all, but it's a bit rusty; however I haven't looked at it in person yet. It would be really nice for someone to save this Fiero.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Looks like lots of good parts left, gen II headlight motors and front compartment harness, and the engine cradle and rear suspension, front wheel bearings...
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I was looking at the pictures thinking... That looks like a 88. It'd be worth getting alot of parts off of especially if there isn't alot of rust.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yea I really would like to get the Fiero itself, but..pretty doubtful. Once I recover from this illness I plan on at least going and looking at it with Alex (fiero al).

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 02-18-2012).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Wow, the horn buttons aren't even broken off! If the dot matrix radio/hvac trim is in good shape pull it off and sell it to me!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
That car did not deserve to go to the scrap yard. Some of us are trying to restore Fieros that are in far worse condition. Definately a prime swap car unless it has severe rust issues.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
I sure would like the drivers fender!

Jonathan
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I contacted them by email to see if they are willing to sell it whole. I will call tomorrow if no response is given.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I contacted them by email to see if they are willing to sell it whole. I will call tomorrow if no response is given.

I'll throw in a $50.
lems-v8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lems-v8Send a Private Message to lems-v8Direct Link to This Post
That would be a good save if they would sale it as a whole. The scrap yards here turn the titles in to the DMV as soon as they get them and the cars are striped of all useable parts some go to the u-pick yard for 30 days only then sent to the crusher. Iv seen a lot of good cars with lots of good part get crushed with only the engine and tranny removed.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Wow that car looks great. I bought a parts car 10 years ago with 86K that the body and interior was in worse shape. It did and does have the underside in good condition and the trunk is just starting to rust a little after 10 years as a daily driver in Michigan. Granted the car came from Texas and I bought it in Pittsburgh.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
With the threat of gas going over $4 this summer that would be a good car to get and it has just 64k. That is to nice to junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 02-19-2012).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 03-09-2012).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
What ever happened to this nice car?
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I honestly just lost interest, as I have enough Fiero problems and work to do here on the three in the driveway. Two aren't drive-able, with the third not doing the greatest.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 03-09-2012).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately NY will not allow them to sell it but here's the 88's vin...

1g2pe11r0jp210002
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
Man, the interior on that Fiero is in AMAZING shape!
el_roy1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for el_roy1985Send a Private Message to el_roy1985Direct Link to This Post
I would not have been able to leave without completely stripping that thing. ESPECIALLY not leave the '88 suspension and cradle behind. It's a damn shame that you can't just buy the entire vehicle.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you can buy it a piece at at time.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Well the yard guy offered $250 for the front and $250 for the rear cradle drop outs sans motor and trans.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Wow I see the trunk plug that I need! It goes where the trunk light is. Nice seats sure would like to have them. It's a shame that cant be sold. The interior is in good shape(better than mine) body panels look good. That interior seems to be in good shape. I have to stop looking at the pictures. It is depressing to know that will get scrapped because junk yard owners arent aware of it's true value.

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-16-2012).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock