WARNING, Your Fiero MAY catch on fire! by fierocarparts
Started on: 02-01-2012 11:40 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: jon m on 03-17-2012 04:46 PM
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Found this in some paperwork. The instructions say to place the warning in front of the shifter. I bet it would hurt resale value to put it there.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Yep.....that was part of the recall package. I have seen cars with that actually stuck to the console.
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to have one of those stickers.
FieroAndrew

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAndrewSend a Private Message to FieroAndrewDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree. I would love to have that sticker.
852m4se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 852m4seSend a Private Message to 852m4seDirect Link to This Post
that is cool i never knew they did that with the recall. probly would have saved a bunch of fieros if they would have thought about that from the beginning but then again they didnt know yet.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I have one of these from Canada in French.

Not many of those still around.
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine.......my car is an 88 though...someone was 4 years too late.

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
^^ I've seen two Fieros over my course of being involved with Fieros that had the sticker stuck in front of the shifter like that. I guess GM thought regarding the recalls it would go well there as a constant reminder?...
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I have picked up MANY Fieros and have never seen this sticker on the console. This one I found in some paperwork from a one owner car. I'd love to see the one in French.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Curlrup:

Here's mine.......my car is an 88 though...someone was 4 years too late.

Too bad they didn't make a specific-1988 dot-matrix sticker so it would match better. The brushed metal sticker looks like it belongs on the 84-87 dash.

Anyway, these stickers always remind me of what Ford did back in the 70s. They had an issue where parked cars would accidently come out of "Park" and would then roll away and hit people or other vehicles. Ford's solution was to issue owners a giant sticker with specific instructions to owners to be certain the car was in "Park" and be sure to apply the parking brake.

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
Even better would be on a t-shirt!! And I want royalties! Lol
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I have one that still has never been installed on a car. It was in the paperwork with my daughter's 84. I keep it in my Fiero shrine cabinet. I would consider selling it if someone really wanted it.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

LOL, ok i'd like one too! Somebody should make repros of that (sticker) Good thing to have for fun and at shows.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Will they have a modern day one for the Volt? lol

"Your Volt may catch fire several days after an incident..."
docholliday

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dochollidaySend a Private Message to dochollidayDirect Link to This Post
When I first read this thread, I thought that I remembered one in all the paperwork that the original owner gave me and I was right. Thing is, it's not just a stcker, it's a sticker on a metal plate with adhesive packing..
cyrus888

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus888Send a Private Message to cyrus888Direct Link to This Post
So, Pontiac blames the fires on the owners not maintaining their cars! What A**holes!
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea of a T-shirt with this "sticker" on it.
Hummmmm???!!!

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 02-06-2012).]

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
Two T-shirts please; 1 size lg., 1 size xl......
lonewolf_305

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lonewolf_305Send a Private Message to lonewolf_305Direct Link to This Post
i had 2 of these i look for them one was on the sun viser and the one on mine was on the console.
ThatFieroKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatFieroKidSend a Private Message to ThatFieroKidDirect Link to This Post
I would honestly put that in my car just to see the look on my passenger's faces.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
LOL I thought it was another thread to remind people to clean all the debris from the HVAC (blower motor & resister area). BTW, you guys should do this atleast once a year!

------------------
1987 Fiero GT Road Racer. 1st documented 3.4TDC swap- built in 1994. 5MT Isuzu, Quaife prototype LSD, HT Tubular A-arms, Fully poly & Heim jointed suspension, Custom 3 way adjustible sway bars, HT Bump Steer kit, Koin's, 320# springs, GA brakes, ZEX N20 and more! Under full restoration.
Toyota Tacoma Double cab Prerunner SR5
KTM 250SX

PFF
System Bot
McTamney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McTamneySend a Private Message to McTamneyDirect Link to This Post
My car has it but its on the drivers side and down near the bottom closer to the carpet. Glad thats where it ended up cause it was there when we got the car
docholliday

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dochollidaySend a Private Message to dochollidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

I took your idea and come up with a T-Shirt idea for those that are interested. You can view it in the Mall under * The "YOU ASKED FOR IT" T-Shirt * thread.

By the way, I apologize if it seems that I am hijacking this thread, but I am NOT making any money off of the shirts, they are being sold at cost. If anything, it may cost me a dollar or two when PayPal charges their fee on the transactions.

[This message has been edited by docholliday (edited 02-05-2012).]

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Saw your ad in the Mall and was going to post that shirts were available.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/060564.html
------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 02-06-2012).]

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for making the T-shirts!
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Marine1981 and I were in a wrecking yard today and found a 1985 SE.
It had one of these info stickers on the console in front of the shifter.
They are actually thin metal plates more than stickers.
We got a few items off of the car.
It was surprising because when I called them Friday they said they didn`t have any Fieros.
We also scored some rear view mirrors from Cadillacs with compass and automatic dimming.
Mike

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 03-17-2012).]

jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Found this in some paperwork. The instructions say to place the warning in front of the shifter. I bet it would hurt resale value to put it there.

I am surprised no one has reproduced it and offered them for sale - I am sure they would sell easily
jon

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock