fiero GT for $700 by joshh44
Started on: 11-07-2011 01:18 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Mr.Fusion on 04-30-2012 10:07 PM
joshh44

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
just searching the local online ads today and came across this.
http://nanaimo.en.craigslis.../cto/2687706085.html
what are your thoughts about the car?
he was asking $1500 at the start of summer. then it dropped to $1000. and now its down to $700
i would love to buy it. fix it up and resell it. but i dont know how much it would be worth fixing it up to get it going.
it doesnt sound like to much tho. its about 45 min drive away from me.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroAK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAKSend a Private Message to FieroAKDirect Link to This Post
I'd have to say it would be totally logical to buy, fix, and sell. I would do it myself if I had money, lived near there, and had... money. I wouldn't necessarily say that it would be a quick turn around, but would be a worthwhile project and would likely show profit.
lems-v8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lems-v8Send a Private Message to lems-v8Direct Link to This Post
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshh44:

just searching the local online ads today and came across this.
http://nanaimo.en.craigslis.../cto/2687706085.html
what are your thoughts about the car?

Save yourself a lot of grief... don't bother.

You might find This thread interesting from our local Fiero club's forum from over two years ago. The car was in Vancouver then, and a friend of mine looked at it. He wasn't impressed. It was sold to someone in Nanaimo, and whomever bought it was trying to sell it again just a couple months later. It's basically been for sale on and off again ever since.

It's been "rebuilt" after an accident. I suspect it's still a mess (hidden under the body panels).
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
Mileage? I find not many will buy a car with more than, say, 200k on it. Auto or manual? That might make a difference too.

Looks like it needs new headlight motors, on top of what he has listed. But he's replaced the sail panels and the tail lights look to be in one piece...

They don't seem to be selling too well around here at the moment. But then again, those who are are asking too much. I have a feeling that you'll only be able to break even after fixing it when it comes down to it...unless its immaculate inside and out.

Originally posted by lems-v8:

I think you missed this one

http://vancouver.en.craigsl.../cto/2682683116.html

T-tops are nice, but I don't think he wants to have one ferried to the island. I'd assume the OP is only intereted 'cuz its local. Its just as close to me...hmm.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
id go for it.. not a bad price for a runner
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2011 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
..Interesting paint scheme.
5150fauxarri

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2011 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 5150fauxarriClick Here to visit 5150fauxarri's HomePageSend a Private Message to 5150fauxarriDirect Link to This Post
Its a good price if you want the car. But in todays market I don't think you would see a profit by fixing it up. As far as the headlight, if you buy it there is usually 2 common problems with them that result in a cheap fix if you dare. 1 if the motor turns but the headlamp bucket doesnt move. Then more than likely the large nylon gear will have some stipped cogs. You can rotate the gear 180 degrees to engage the other side of the gear which has never been used. 2nd assuming there is power going to the headlight motor then and nothing is happening, then the motor has gone bad. But usually this is fixable also. If you open the motor cover, there is an almost invisible soldered connection on the wires for the up/down switching circuit to the motor that becomes broken. Prop up the motor to prevent solder from falling inside, then repair the broken solder joint. I only mention these because you stated you would want to sell it for a profit and every new part adds up quick. If you buy it I hope this helps!
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2011 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
there is no profit in obscure cars that most people don't want or recognize. Buy it for yourself as a hobby if interested, but no one in their right mind tries to make a profit or a living from Fieros...23 years after they were discontinued. They are fun cars, but are neither rare enough, nor special enough to be profitable

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2011 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Experience has shown that buying a cheap Fiero ends up costing more in the long run. Repairs and restoration costs add up in a hurry. IMO better to look for a solid car, pay more, do less work and have fewer headaches.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, ZZP Intercooler, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
thanks patrick. i did not know it was bought in vancouver. i actually bought the Rims off that orange/black GT when it was here in nanaimo.
i think i might pass on this one. i dont want to get a car that has been in an accedent.
maybe someone else will buy it. its been for sale for months.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

i think i might pass on this one.

Good decision. You probably saved yourself a headache.

its been for sale for months.

It's been for sale over and over again for two a half years. I suspect it has "issues".
revme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revmeSend a Private Message to revmeDirect Link to This Post
I would be also skeptical, if this car gets on sale over and over again. Maybe it made a lot of problems in the last years, who knows? But the price is quite good. I think if you have the money, and want to invest some time (as a hobby *haha*) then go for it! Just keep in mind that it might be problematic.
joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
if the car was say maybe $500 or less i might snatch it up and use it as a parts car/part it out to help out fellow fiero owners.
i emailed him if he would be willing to part it out and he said no. i been searching for a fastback clip and tail lights for about a year now. nothing popped up so far
Mr.Fusion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.FusionSend a Private Message to Mr.FusionDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Save yourself a lot of grief... don't bother.

You might find This thread interesting from our local Fiero club's forum from over two years ago. The car was in Vancouver then, and a friend of mine looked at it. He wasn't impressed. It was sold to someone in Nanaimo, and whomever bought it was trying to sell it again just a couple months later. It's basically been for sale on and off again ever since.

It's been "rebuilt" after an accident. I suspect it's still a mess (hidden under the body panels).

That friend of yours was some kid that didn't have money to buy a car and seemed like he wanted a manual anyway.

I drove that car for for a few years when I was in college. It was decent transportation, I didn't win many drag races however.

I've since moved on to bigger and better things, but it's nice to know it's still around if I wanted to buy it back and do the engine swap I always wanted to do.

Maybe one day I'll fix up that beater(in the condition it was in, picture if they used a fiero for Bumblee in the Transformers movie, the only 1974 camaro would be this fiero, lol)

And to the guy that wanted the rear clip for a fastback conversion, look elsewhere because THAT ONE IS MINE AND YOU CAN'T HAVE IT. Just kidding.
The reason I wouldn't advice using and body parts from that car because they are all warped and are fit poorly. I mean you can probably get a better deal from a car that recently died mechanically but is fine other wise.

Just my opinion, please don't shoot me.
Mr. Fusion
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.Fusion:

That friend of yours was some kid that didn't have money to buy a car...

That "kid" (my best friend's son) had more than enough money to buy a decent vehicle, which is exactly why he didn't buy your old Fiero.

Seriously, that car was (perhaps still is) a mess. I am so glad the "kid" didn't buy it, as it would've been me who would've had to have spent endless hours trying to bring it up to snuff.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-09-2011).]

joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
purdy, too bad it's an auto
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
wow that drivers door is really misaligned.
joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
I met up with the guy. helping him figure out his no starting issue afew weeks ago. hes a nice guy.
Mr.Fusion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.FusionSend a Private Message to Mr.FusionDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

That "kid" (my best friend's son) had more than enough money to buy a decent vehicle, which is exactly why he didn't buy your old Fiero.

Seriously, that car was (perhaps still is) a mess. I am so glad the "kid" didn't buy it, as it would've been me who would've had to have spent endless hours trying to bring it up to snuff.

No offense Mr. Sheridan, but you and your buddy's son(the kid, Mathew, high school aged, or "kid" as you put it; FYI kid isn't a derogatory term, especially the way I used it) were looking for a free lunch. That car may have been a mess but that kid("kid" in your terms) didn't have money to spend.

I was pretty upfront about it's condition, in our email exchanges and even the original craigslist posting, no?:
"It's a US car with ~140k miles. It was rebuilt sometime early in it's life in the states. It has a automatic transmission. It's not a perfect car but it's a runner so I'm asking $1600 for it . I aircared it in 2008 and obtained another vehicle so I have parked it since last summer. I've only put ~1000 miles since I bought it and it has new brakes all around. The reason I am selling is that I am clearing out my yard which has 3 cars in it, I already sold one and this is the next to go. "

You asked about my car on the Westcoast Fiero Forum as well and I noticed that you have a reputation there for starting drama, please don't do that here; this is an awesome forum which I no longer frequent but still a plethora of knowledge.

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock