Started on: 07-08-2011 09:11 AM
Replies: 26
Last post by: Number3IRMFIERO on 11-07-2012 02:45 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Because i just happend to run into it today at a truck stop in tucumcari new mexico on my shift change.
Took a pic. It also had the front chin in the passenger seat.

Heres the for sale thread on it... exact same car right down to the decklid and t tops.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/057521.html

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 07-08-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
From the thread that you posted PK:

Originally posted by FieroScott:

The IRM Fiero is mooving to Wisconsin !

Neat car for sure!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
It is neat... i saw it from I40 and i could tell from there it was the IRM fiero.... Its not my style but it is nice. who ever bought it is gona have to give it a good bath when it gets there.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Thats one of the most interesting designs that I've ever seen. It was designed to save the cost of a quarter window so the driver would have the largest possible blindspot when entering traffic. With kits like this its no wonder why the company is no longer in business.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Because i just happend to run into it today at a truck stop in tucumcari new mexico on my shift change.

What I find REALLY interesting here... are the odds that you... one of the few people in America that know anything about that car... In all the millions of miles of roads, and out of hundreds of car haulers, and thousands of truck stops... happen to be in the exact location, at the exact time, in a job and position that would allow you to take that pic.

Hope you buy a lotto ticket kid... thats some good odds there.

BTW, good luck in the new career path. If you ever get to Dallas/FW... make a thread... we'll make sure to have a hospitality event for you. No promises if I can keep Stu from giving you a hard time though.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

What I find REALLY interesting here... are the odds that you... one of the few people in America that know anything about that car... In all the millions of miles of roads, and out of hundreds of car haulers, and thousands of truck stops... happen to be in the exact location, at the exact time, in a job and position that would allow you to take that pic.

BTW, good luck in the new career path. If you ever get to Dallas/FW... make a thread... we'll make sure to have a hospitality event for you. No promises if I can keep Stu from giving you a hard time though.

Might be there sooner than you think... maybe even next week if my SDM gets things right. I'll give you a shout if I do maybe we can all get together.

ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Rick, you aren't in downingtown anymore? I don't get into OT much. Neat find and best of luck in whatever you're doing now.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ConvictedRedneck:

Rick, you aren't in downingtown anymore? I don't get into OT much. Neat find and best of luck in whatever you're doing now.

I'm still there just not there there...I'm driving trucks now so I'm pretty much everywhere
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Some one educate me, please. What makes an IRM ? Is this a well executed body kit by a company called IRM or something else?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Some one educate me, please. What makes an IRM ? Is this a well executed body kit by a company called IRM or something else?

IRM made body kits for the fiero. they mad this and they also took over the DGP IMSA molds for a while.
FieroScott

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroScottSend a Private Message to FieroScottDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the photo!!! This is my car traveling a long way! The goal is to have it clean and ready for the Illinois Fierorama in September. If anyone else sees, snap a photo and share with us. Thanks again! Vicki & Scott

------------------
88 Red GT 5sp T-Top CJB #1139
88 Yellow Formula 5sp
87 Black GT 5sp
87 Med. Red SE Auto T-Top
86 Black GT 4sp T-Top (Black Knight)

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Thank you for the photo!!! This is my car traveling a long way! The goal is to have it clean and ready for the Illinois Fierorama in September. If anyone else sees, snap a photo and share with us. Thanks again! Vicki & Scott

Since your so close id love to see it! I think a pic w the chop and it together would be pretty cool! we should take them down to jeffreson park and do it!
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

^^^This^^^

Good eye!
FieroScott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroScottSend a Private Message to FieroScottDirect Link to This Post
jettsnvetts2000,
You're welcome to stop buy anytime to see it, or have you're next club meeting here.
There is a nice Park behind our house for pictures, or wait till I get the registration taken care of to do it at Jefferson.

------------------
88 Yellow Formula 5sp
87 Black GT 5sp

Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
i so wanna see this in person also rob when u go lmk ill be there in a few hours lol
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Let me know when you are getting together. I would love to see it also.

Steve
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
I remember that car. We had to push it out of the way when we were picking up everything Doug (Doug Kinney~Fierowarehouse)bought from Jim Sutter (IRM owner) in Maryland. There was also a red one with the same body. As a matter of fact, the molds to produce that body are among those included in Dougs' purchase. I believe it extended the trunk area.........just don't remember exactly how much, but there is more room than in a stock body. Jim had a lots of "neat" things up there!

Congrats on your new addition!

HAGO!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jettsnvetts2000,
You're welcome to stop buy anytime to see it, or have you're next club meeting here.
There is a nice Park behind our house for pictures, or wait till I get the registration taken care of to do it at Jefferson.

Shure id love to stop in pm me your adress and maby if your around sunday I could swing by.
FieroScott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroScottSend a Private Message to FieroScottDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------
88 Yellow Formula 5sp
87 Black GT 5sp

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Yesterday I got the first peak of this car at Scotts house as his wife and him were givin it a bath and wow it is verry nice!!. It was not in running condition yet and has a few issues to adress first like if I remember right one or two of the wheels were not corect for the car. Scott also showed me the one of a kind turbo unit the car came with and it looks verry impressive! If I had my camera I woulda taken some pics of it but man I tell ya scott has one hell of a collection of nice fieros.
FieroScott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroScottSend a Private Message to FieroScottDirect Link to This Post
I finally had time to figure out how to post Pictures so here is the IRM Fiero arriving in Wisconsin.

------------------
88 Yellow Formula 5sp
87 Black GT 5sp
84 IRM (Prototype) Turbo Fastback T-Top
Dr Pepper Go Kart

PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Congrats on the one of a kind Fiero
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
Ugh... I HATE you. I'm Sooo jealous! Congrats on that beautiful and unique Fiero!

I'd love to see it some time!

------------------
(TRSX) The Zombiero - "Thrice resurrected"
1985 GT, 4 Speed Muncie, 3.4PR V6, 15" Lace GT wheels, Power everything, sunroof, Red with gray effects. Driven and enjoyed daily.

Fiero GT- 2 seater, mid engine, rear wheel drive, H.O. V6, manual rack and pinion steering, fully independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, no ABS, no traction control, no speed limiter, available T-Tops. So, outdated econo-box or classic sports car? You decide.

Number3IRMFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Number3IRMFIEROSend a Private Message to Number3IRMFIERODirect Link to This Post
This is an old post and I cannot see the pics. I know this is the first car IRM built. Does anyone know of other IRM's. I have owned my IRM since 1994.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Can you throw up a goood set of photos of the interior, engine compartment, front storage area, etc, etc when you get them? I am interested as I haven't seen that car since it was based in Wallingford Connecticut!
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstDirect Link to This Post
Interesting concept.......taking an 84 Fiero notchback and adding body panels to transform its appearance into a fastback. Note the belt line doesn't terminate at the rear wheel well openings. Where would the cut-off points have been to blend the new body panels with the old? Note how deep the gas filler door is set into the rear quarter panel. Looks like kit involved a lot of body work, but very nicely done! Does anyone have photos of what the kit looked like before it was mounted on a Fiero?

http://www.flickr.com/photo...5899758983/lightbox/

[This message has been edited by canfirst (edited 11-07-2012).]

Number3IRMFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Number3IRMFIEROSend a Private Message to Number3IRMFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by canfirst:

Interesting concept.......taking an 84 Fiero notchback and adding body panels to transform its appearance into a fastback. Note the belt line doesn't terminate at the rear wheel well openings. Where would the cut-off points have been to blend the new body panels with the old? Note how deep the gas filler door is set into the rear quarter panel. Looks like kit involved a lot of body work, but very nicely done! Does anyone have photos of what the kit looked like before it was mounted on a Fiero?

http://www.flickr.com/photo...5899758983/lightbox/

YIKES... I created a monster. Shall I stir the pot? The company who created this rear section was IRM out of MD. Now I am going on memory...but they teamed up with Ponitac and created this WAY before the 86 fastback. The rear section is fiberglass one piece. The rear bumper has to be cut and the trunk has been extended one foot. If you look behind the rear sail panels, you will see the air opening. My car has dual air openings. The yellow car was #1 prototype. My car is #3 and I was told it was the first kit sold. Only 24 kits were made and I am unaware as to how many are out there. This kit also came with fiberlgas fenders which I ripped off because they made the front bumper flex out and the inner skirts didn't fit nice.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock