Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Latest mods complete... pics... (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Latest mods complete... pics... by CTFieroGT87
Started on: 09-10-2007 08:16 PM
Replies: 52
Last post by: raccoons on 11-01-2012 04:27 PM
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Just wanted to show you guys some pictures.

Latest modifications are:
88 front and rear suspension (poly bushings, koni shocks)
C5 Z06 brakes
C6 wheels
Spec Stage 3 clutch
Tons of new misc. parts

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

EDIT: I'll have some more detailed pics in the next few days, this is what I got so far...

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd
301rwhp/345rwtq

Next Mod: 88 suspension, C6 polished wheels, C5 Z06 brakes, Konis, poly'd ...AKA NEW CAR!
06 Cobalt SS/SC w/ LSD

[This message has been edited by CTFieroGT87 (edited 09-10-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Looks good
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
Details, details... let's hear some details! Very impressive set-up... I've often wondered what this would look like! Very cool...

Brett
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Your missing a lug nut.

Is there a thread on here for the brake mod? Does the brake mod change your wheel stud to the larger pattern? I was looking at using some vette rims as well and would love to use oem rims. Car looks good mang!

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post
them rims look bad a$$
CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
I'll have a full write up soon. Hubs are modified to 5x4.75" bolt pattern as well as enlarged to have the same pilot diameter as the Corvette. I also have drawings for the Corvette caliper brackets, but I really want to test my system before I offered anything for sale. And yes I know I'm missing some lugs, didn't want to put the locking lugs on yet!
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
That rear end looks fat what size tyres are you running on rear?
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
He's running 285
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
Looks sweet Christian! Looking forward to seeing more details. Was this the black Fiero you had with the 350? I don't see that car under your sig anymore.
Marc
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
looks awsome, kind of has alot of ground clearance i wonder if you could squeeze an inch drop out of it

how does it drive and turn?
my car with the 18's turns a little harder than i would like, but ive learned to deal with it

looks amazing
good work on making them bolt up
InaneCathode

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InaneCathodeSend a Private Message to InaneCathodeDirect Link to This Post
Looks bad ass, smart mods you did too!

(doesnt every car have dull/satin finish aluminum spoke wheels though? do they even *make* wheels that arent spoked anymore?)
PFF
System Bot
CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments guys! Rich, I am looking into front coilovers as I'd like stiffer springs and adjustable ride height. That right there is stock 88 front springs and Rodney's 1" lowering ball joint.

Marc, black car?? This is the one I drove over to your place all those years ago!!
Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyDirect Link to This Post
Those brakes look awesome, but I think the 19's, the profile on the tire and the width in the rear don't suit the Fiero body lines. Good job on the mating of corvette and Fiero though!
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Me likey

------------------

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:
Marc, black car?? This is the one I drove over to your place all those years ago!!

ooops! I guess senior moments can start in your early 40's
Keep up the excellent work.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Very nice looking!
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Now we just need to find you some new centercaps with the pegasus in there!

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Just make your own! I had those cut from vinyl, glued them on and then put a few caps of clearcoat over them...

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

Now we just need to find you some new centercaps with the pegasus in there!

advancedwiringsystem

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for advancedwiringsystemSend a Private Message to advancedwiringsystemDirect Link to This Post
I want to see a write up on the brakes, as soon as you can do it......
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
Wow....255 tires up front. How is that working out?
CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Just gotta bleed the brakes today and set up an alignment sometime this week, then I'll be able to have some feedback on the setup.
PFF
System Bot
advancedwiringsystem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for advancedwiringsystemSend a Private Message to advancedwiringsystemDirect Link to This Post
well how were they???????
advancedwiringsystem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for advancedwiringsystemSend a Private Message to advancedwiringsystemDirect Link to This Post
bumpy ttt

[This message has been edited by advancedwiringsystem (edited 09-18-2007).]

CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Just got back from the first drive. Brakes stopped the car great, but I didn't get over 50. They were straight and true, felt as good or better than my Cobalt. Need an alignment soon, but everything went great!
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' good
CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Here are some more pics. I'm trying to find the time to sit down and write out a build description, but I'm going to be ridiculously busy until the 2nd week of Oct, so look for it then.

Rear brake caliper bracket

Spacing over rotor, these are pretty tight tolerances.

Remade rear hub with pilot 1.5" long.
brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post
How or what did you use to extend the pilot out like that?
CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
A concentric ring for the rotor and the wheel was machined, pressed on and welded. This was the original with the shorter length, but the overall idea is the same.

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
bumped to save to fav. any more detail?
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to know as well on the brake setup!

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)
NEW ENGINE SETUP COMING SOON! STAY TUNED!!!

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
What? No inside pic's? Show the driving position Is there a reason the front lid is mis-aligned? (not shut completely?) Great car!!

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 11-10-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post
Man! That looks very good! Those rims are fantastic! Brakes look awesome!
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
I'm jealous.......
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Look awsome ..Nice job you did
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Christian, do you have a true dual-exhaust system on your Fiero? If so, do you have any images from below showing how you ran the tubes and placed the mufflers?

CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Patrick, yes that is true dual 2.5 inch. I am going down there this Saturday to try to finish up my fuel injection setup, so I can take some pics. The only reason the hood wasn't closed was because I constantly had a battery tender on it while working. Recently, I redid all my calculations and it looks like C5 stock wheels will be a much better fit. The right rear wheel is pretty close to the end of the electric water pump at half travel and I really didn't feel like relocating it. Also, I think the 18/19 combo is a little too tall for my car (I know it works out well for others with body mods). So the C5 17/18 combo will be going on at some point, as that'll give me over an inch of extra backspacing. Anybody have any C5 polished 5 spokes for sale?

I have my drawings of my brake brackets around here somewhere, I have some notes on a thickness I changed written on there. Once I find those I'll put them up. I hesitate to post them for liability issues, but they work great on my car. Also, I feel that these brackets are as close as you're going to get without comparing the actual drawings and making something up. I had the Corvette drawings, but not the Fiero ones.
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i love that brake set up and rim combo...now just get some produced for the rest of us...lol...first in line to buy...tim
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Patrick, yes that is true dual 2.5 inch. I am going down there this Saturday to try to finish up my fuel injection setup, so I can take some pics.

Christian, that would be great. I'm hoping if the images are clear enough that they could be shown to an exhaust shop to duplicate for a V8 and sort of duplicate for a V6. Thanks.
CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
I didn't get down to my garage because my machine shop isn't being too dependable. But I did find some old pics of the last exhaust setup I had on there, which was a lot nicer than the one I have now. I wasn't able to use this when I went to the 88 cradle, the mufflers wouldn't fit.

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
wow. i like that. good work man! im very interested in those C5 brakes and how you got it all.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem

Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock