What rims would work my fiero? by Gohan77
Started on: 03-08-2012 03:45 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: jwrape on 03-09-2012 09:47 AM
Gohan77

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gohan77Send a Private Message to Gohan77Direct Link to This Post
Hi again everyone. I'm looking at rims and I'm not sure what size to go for. I feel 17" and up, to me, are a bit over the top and unnecessary. Id like to keep it cheap by keeping the tires i have so i found these:

http://www.tirerack.com/whe...lar=&filterFinish=Al l&filterSize=14&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

Opinions? Maybe 15"s would be better?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
possumlips

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for possumlipsSend a Private Message to possumlipsDirect Link to This Post
I'm going with these 15" ones from the same place on my black '86 gt soon .My tires are nearly new.$82 each. i know you need 5x100.

http://www.tirerack.com/whe...=1986&autoModClar=&f ilterFinish=Black&filterSize=15&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Price
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post
17s look great and in my.opinion are the best choice. 17 tires are cheap as are 15, but 15 has a more limited selection. I would stay away from 16 because of scarcity.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

WOW! Almost agree completely blkemrld... 17's are my top choice too, as far as what else your saying, blinders to that part of life if it is true!

As far as advice... Follow your heart as it is YOUR cash...

Thanx all

Air-eek...
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Here is my 86 with 18x8's ET35

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/085541.html

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanDirect Link to This Post
Nice ride jwrape. 18's look great. car looks great.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT Fastback
1983 Honda Goldwing Interstate
1979 Naked Honda Goldwing

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

Nice ride jwrape. 18's look great. car looks great.

Thank you, it has the 10ft rule. Looks good from 10' away. It's going to be gloss black here soon. Starting on Monday, doing a vinyl wrap.

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
IMHO 18" rims look best on fiero's with a slight lowering it is about perfect for a non- widebody car. The stock sized wheels get lost and do nothing for the car in the stock wheel wells. The larger wheels also give you the opportunity to take advantage of the more high performance oriented tires available today. Look around on here and you will find that the most impressive and beautiful looking cars all have at least a 17" wheel if not larger. If you are totally going for a stock restoration then that is one thing but if you are trying to make the car look really nice then I would get bigger rims. Again JMHO...peace

Pete

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

IMHO 18" rims look best on fiero's with a slight lowering it is about perfect for a non- widebody car.

Mine is lowered front and rear. It rides kinds rough with 40 series tires but it looks tough. I get tons of compliments. People have no idea what it is. Most poeple that I run across don't even think it's a Fiero cause they only remember the Sport version, don't know about the GT version. :-)

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm in process of preparing for paint. sanding off old clear, fixing some nicks. going to try to repair small tear in front bumper. black now, will stay black. curious with 18's how far did that throw off your speedometer?
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

I'm in process of preparing for paint. sanding off old clear, fixing some nicks. going to try to repair small tear in front bumper. black now, will stay black. curious with 18's how far did that throw off your speedometer?

when I swapped out from the stock GT 205/60/15's to the 235/40/18, it shows 1.7 miles to slow. Bascially, if I'm showing 60 on the speedo I'm actually going 61.7 mph. Not big enough to worry about. Fiero's aren't known for extreme speed issues. LOL!
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock