Started on: 03-03-2012 11:02 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: IMSA GT on 03-04-2012 11:53 PM
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Today we had 178 cars at the Lou Bachrodt Chevrolet Dealership just north of Miami.
I will only post pics of three cars and ask a couple of questions.
This is an example of a Best of Show car.

And this is how he powers his car.

Now for the question.
HOW?

And WHY?

The how can easily be answered. We usually hand out 60 awards and sometimes fewer than 60 cars show up so everybody wins.
The WHY, well I have no answer for that question.
The inside is just as bad as his engine.
This car is at all the shows.

For the next car, just name the year. Thats all.

Thats it. Short and sweet.

Til next Saturday at Miami Lakes just two miles from the house and it is a night time show.

Bye.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, as usual. Boy, there's times when I really wish I lived in a warmer climate!

Nolan
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I guess if I need a bunch of meaningless trophies I need to head out to some Miami Car Shows.

And yes I wonder why everybody does not live in Miami??
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
But what year is the Corvette?
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
This is nice, but shouldn't it be in O/T?

Brad
Jackdaniels

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2012 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Brad

Should be but I'm sure this won't be the last one we see here. Next time there will be a picture added in of a Fiero front brake caliper and it will be justified and called Fiero related.
docholliday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dochollidaySend a Private Message to dochollidayDirect Link to This Post
My guess on the Vette is that it's not more than 10 years old, maybe a 2006?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
I am going to say a millennium yellow 2000, zr1 tribute corvette called a Rossi 66, they had one of these but white at Iola car show a few years back I think they made them for 5 or so years I cant remember the name of the company they had a big display at Iola. the clunker well it prob has a lot of survivor awards if its all original Al tho fuggly!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 03-04-2012).]

Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooDirect Link to This Post

Brad

Who cares Clem has been doing this all the time without a fuss.
Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2012 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

Who cares Clem has been doing this all the time without a fuss.

Correct and maybe some people are tired of seeing the posting rules constantly getting broken by the same person.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Sudenly we have a bunch of new moderators. Clem next time please include the Fiero picture. Hopefully in one week there will one like this but with a bunch of Fieros for the new moderators
PFF
System Bot
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:]

The how can easily be answered. We usually hand out 60 awards and sometimes fewer than 60 cars show up so everybody wins.
The inside is just as bad as his engine.

So even my beater Fiero would win one?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I've said things about this also. Just because there is a car show with 1 Fiero doesn't make it a Fiero topic. It is still a general car show. Sorry to disagree but it looks like the defenders of Clem are also from his home State. Damned Floridians

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-04-2012).]

psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

But what year is the Corvette?

I'm gonna guess a C-6 with a mid-year body kit.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

So even my beater Fiero would win one?

YES-If we had 60 cars.

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post

LT188GT

5181 posts
Member since Jul 2003
2010 on the year for the Corvette.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post

LT188GT

5181 posts
Member since Jul 2003
If I added pics of 20 Fieros would that make it OK?

I post in General because a lot of people stay away from O/T because of getting negs.

If the majority want me to stop I will.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
should be in o/t

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:
I will only post pics of three cars and ask a couple of questions.
Now for the question.
HOW?
And WHY?

You answered your own questions:

For the next car, just name the year. Thats all.
Bye.

C6. Many companies are taking a chassis and going old school. I'd say Karl Kustom Corvette ZO6.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
If someone from the Fiero community competes in an open car show, I would think we should be cheering him/her on... thus making it fiero related in my mind. I support Clem and enjoy his photography. Clem get's a + from me.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

If someone from the Fiero community competes in an open car show, I would think we should be cheering him/her on... thus making it fiero related in my mind. I support Clem and enjoy his photography. Clem get's a + from me.

Well hell, that was very nice of another Floridian. Maybe I can get the California guys to give me a shitload of positives while we're at it. The bottom line is that although I go to all of the Goodguys as well as Easyrider shows, the car show is a standard car show that belongs in the O/T. Just because it may have 1 Fiero in it doesn't justify the entire lineup of cars being posted in General. Clem is more than welcome to say "Hey, I went to a car show and here are my pics"....with HIS car in it. I appreciate his car as much as the next guy but an entire car show and discussing Corvettes is a little off topic.

Edit to add......By the way RPRO, you realize I am just giving you a bunch of crap

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-04-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Sudenly we have a bunch of new moderators. Clem next time please include the Fiero picture. Hopefully in one week there will one like this but with a bunch of Fieros for the new moderators

I wasn't playing "moderator", I was pointing out that this belongs in O/T. You don't have to be a jerk man.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/061082.html
Are you posting in the right section?
To summerize, the Technical Discussion & Questions section is just that. For technical discussions and questions. So no "what is the best source for polyurethanemethanoloxide bushings?" or "should I paint my Fiero pink or blue-with-polkadots?" threads. Those belong in the General Fiero Chat section. In this (the GFC) section you can also post threads about the forum itself. Or ask who the owner of that blue-with-polkadots Fiero is. Just as long as it's Fiero or Forum related. The Mall section is for Fiero related items only. If you need to sell your computer, your Lexus, your adult video collection, or your cat, then you should post that in the Totally O/T section. Totally O/T stands for "Totally Off Topic", and not for "Let's start a flamewar 'cause I'm bored". A lot of people seem to misunderstand that. In the TO/T section the same rules apply as in the other sections. So keep it civilized, no circumventing the censor system, no threads about threads, yadah, yadah.

Brad
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

I wasn't playing "moderator", I was pointing out that this belongs in O/T. You don't have to be a jerk man.

Brad

Look who's being a jerk. These has been going on for years and now you compalin? I guess is bacause most enjoy them. Sorry.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics Clem.

I'll look at your Miami and surrounding area car show pics, no matter where you post them.
To me, you've been a Fiero owner for as long as I can remember, a good customer to many of the after market vendors and a supporter of this forum, so to me, that makes it as Fiero related as need be.

But I suppose technically, if there are no Fiero's in the show, or you don't post pictures of them if there are, I guess it should go in OT, but personally, I'm not quite that nit picky, but I'm no moderator.

Like I said, I'll look at em' no matter where you post em', and appreciate your doing so!

HAGO!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Well hell, that was very nice of another Floridian.

Okay I'm not in Florida and I say Clem post 'em if you got 'em.

As a largely self-moderated forum PFF has a little more leniency than some really uptight forums. Yeah we don't want a lot of political rhetoric in GFC, but if Clem went to a show and wants to post a few pics it's not going to destroy the free world.

Every now and again someone posts a pic of a Solstice or Turbo Trans Am in GFC...If you don't want to look at it then move along, nothing to see here.

Ps - Clem, next time start your thread talking about the Forum itself... valid topic for GFC, then happen to throw in some pics you find interesting...and now that we are discussing the forum this thread is 100% on topic...just sayin'

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-04-2012).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Damn Texans

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock