Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  One more Fiero gone... Qwner is quite sore! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
One more Fiero gone... Qwner is quite sore! by 2farnorth
Started on: 02-07-2012 12:54 PM
Replies: 71
Last post by: 2farnorth on 03-02-2012 08:21 AM
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Going to work this morning at 2:30AM. Topped a rise and there stood a black cow. Next thing I remember is standing by the car not feeling too good. Two young ladies stopped and helped: Called 911, my wife, and my boss. I had to be Care Flighted to a hospital in Plano, Tx due a pretty nasty head wound. Other cuts and bruises. The cops couldn't figure out how I got out of the car without assistance. Eng still running. The cow apparently landed on the windshield and roof leaving a stream of cow puke, hair, and skin. The sunroof came down over my head and I hit the sunroof frame hard. I'm home now. All the xrays and scans came back negative

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
wow... good to hear you are ok. I would say that this can be fixed... if you wanted to. Just need a new roof piece.... sunroof forward, basically.. maybe a little more.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
I thank the good lord that you're ok. Car's are replaceable, but you are not. Hopefully your insurance company will give you a fair settlement.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
I doubt that I'll try to fix it. Too much trouble to realign the A pillars and the window frames. The rear of the roof appears to have a little twist in it. IT was a LARGE Angus cow. Can't get the hood open yet to check it out. Probably going to part it out if any one is interested. It's been a great car for the last 6 years since I fixed it up and got it running.
Halcyon25

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon25Send a Private Message to Halcyon25Direct Link to This Post
(speechless).... Wow.... glad to hear your doing ok right now.

Think of it this way, your begining your chop top.

Chris
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
First, Glad you are ok! That looks nasty! I find it quite amazing that someone was around to help at 2:30 AM!

Looks like you can see where you hit the cow's leg. Did that kill the cow? I would hope so otherwise that would have been quite the rampaging beast.
The lack of front end damage to your car is amazing. Other than no headlight the hood is still ok. How fast were you going?

On a lighter note, did anyone else get an add at the top of this thread for "NY sperm donors wanted", on a thread titled "Owner is quite sore!"?

EDIT: How is your rear view mirror STILL attached to that windshield?

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 02-07-2012).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Holy Smokes.... Now that is a scary accident. Who the hell would guess you would wake up this morning and have a freakin' cow landing on your head while driving to work. Very glad to hear you are alright. I am sure you can get another fiero like that if you wish they are around that is for sure. Good luck and hopefully the Insurance Co. Will take car of you.... It could have been MUCH worse. Peace

Pete

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Dave!... I am so sorry to read and see this! I am glad you are ok (as far as you know), I hope that it stays that way.
You are going to be hella sore tomorrow.

Man, this could have been a lot worse... like neck breaking, spinal injury worse.

Can the owner of the cow be considered negligent for having the beast out at night?... might that person/ranch not be responsible for your medical expenses and replacement car?

I hate to admit it... but with no roof panel/windshield... the car is still sexy... and I am thinking it would be fun to go-kart/dune buggy now!

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear you're okay. That's significant crush damage, but shows the strength of the B pillar assembly to stay intact like it did.

There's potential for a roadster project there. Reinforce the bottom side of the car, cut the roof and windshield out, replace the windshield frame with a good unit from a salvage yard. Instant roadster.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Dave!... I am so sorry to read and see this! I am glad you are ok (as far as you know), I hope that it stays that way.
You are going to be hella sore tomorrow.

Man, this could have been a lot worse... like neck breaking, spinal injury worse.

Can the owner of the cow be considered negligent for having the beast out at night?... might that person/ranch not be responsible for your medical expenses and replacement car?

I hate to admit it... but with no roof panel/windshield... the car is still sexy... and I am thinking it would be fun to go-kart/dune buggy now!

I can't remember, but back in the day one of my father's cows got out and was hit. I don't think his insurance paid for anything, but that was some time ago.
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEDirect Link to This Post
HOLY COW BATMAN! Sorry, I had to! So glad that you are ok man! It is very suprising you were able to go home after that and walk! You can always build another car but you only get one neck and head! Take care and rest! Youre gonna need it tomorrow!
PFF
System Bot
deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantDirect Link to This Post
I'm also a little confused on how you got out of there. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you did. It's simply amazing that you weren't severely injured. I'm glad to read that you are ok.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
WOW... Glad your ok. Get well.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
WOW Dave,
glad you are better than the Fiero!

Now on the other hand...
MAN that looks like a cool mod (if you don't need a windshield.) I like how the car looks without a windshield and just the back clip on there. Dunebuggy?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2012 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
OMG! First off, did the cow make it?

That is one of the more lucky accidents to make it through. It looks like a game changer. My father was in the body shop business for nearly 40 years, and I have seen many vehicles wrecked by animals. Never have I seen destruction like that. You are one lucky individual. Go buy a lottery ticket. Seriously.

Tony
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the response and well wishes. I sure do appreciate them.

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

First, Glad you are ok! That looks nasty! I find it quite amazing that someone was around to help at 2:30 AM!

Looks like you can see where you hit the cow's leg. Did that kill the cow?
The lack of front end damage to your car is amazing. How fast were you going??

EDIT: How is your rear view mirror STILL attached to that windshield?

Thanks. There is occasional traffic on that road all night. BUT I really think they were a pair of angels that stopped by.

The cow's leg appears to have hit dead center of the front plate. As far as I know right now they hadn't yet found the cow when the chopper lifted off. I do remember leaning on the rear of the car while semi conscious and seeing an animal slowly walking back the way I came. There were chunks of hide/hair all over and in the car (inside and out) when I got it back here this afternoon. Some one that stopped said there was a large chunk of hide in the road a ways back. Never found most of the parts of the left headlight. I'm afraid they might be imbedded in the cow. (On minor piece is imbedded in the windshield) I was doing about 60 mph.

blakeinspace
Man, this could have been a lot worse... like neck breaking, spinal injury worse

Yeah. They immobilized me immediately, called in Care Flight for that reason plus they were worried about brain swelling. If that had been a solid roof over me I might not be talking about it right now. That plastic roof wouldn't broken out making some room for my head like the glass did.

The sheriffs office is trying to find the cow and identify the owner. They suspect it is an "out-of-towner that owns the adjacent lands and cattle. They have had problems with loose animals in that area before. That fact may lead to recovery of some of the money involved. The chopper ride is somewhere between $8-10k, plus my car, towing expense and deductables. No collision on the car but I had limited medical coverage.

deloreanant

I'm also a little confused on how you got out of there.

That's a question that we will probably never know the answer too. I don't remember. The drivers door is sprung so it was hard to open and close. I would have had to really pushed hard to get it open. With the roof down so low it would have been hard to get any kind of strength in the push it. When the girls got there I was already out of the car. The trans was in park and the engine running. When they saw the blood running down my face and my hand bleeding one immediately called 911 and the other got me to sit down on the ground. Of course I immediately had to start "chucking" breakfast
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
So, do you get to keep the beef?
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I'll never drink another glass of milk; hamburgers I'll chew up and then spit out in disgust.....patooie and listen for that satisfying "splat" as another dead cow hits the floor!

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 02-07-2012).]

2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

So, do you get to keep the beef?

Haven't found it yet. I'm not in good enough shape yet to go tracking it. LOL

02-07-2012 02:57 PM Vernon8360

I'll never drink another glass of milk; hamburgers I'll chew up and then spit out in disgust.....patooie and listen for that satisfying "splat" as another dead cow hits the floor!

lol Still need milk on the cereal, hamburger in the pan, (can't afford steak) and leather for my belt.

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 02-07-2012).]

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Glad you are OK. Must have been a real eye-opener seeing that cow in the middle of the road.

Pardon me for taking a lighthearted moment here but you like you have the start to a classic custom car ...
http://www.c-we.com/piranha/page5.htm

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Wow, in this case I think the sunroof saved you. The largest thing I have hit was a quail, and it made a pretty loud bang. I can't even imagine hitting a cow. Glad you are ok.
PFF
System Bot
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARKaiser:

Glad you are OK. Must have been a real eye-opener seeing that cow in the middle of the road.

Pardon me for taking a lighthearted moment here but you like you have the start to a classic custom car ...
http://www.c-we.com/piranha/page5.htm

Actually it was an eye closer. Glasses smashed into my face and glass raining on 3 sides. Windshield, sunroof, and driver's door window all smashed inward.

Now that has possibilities. Wonder if I could get it inspected????

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Wow! When I was a paramedic I worked a lot animal vs. car crashes that did not come out so well. Glad you made it!
PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrDirect Link to This Post
looks scary... congrats on living to tell :-)

so... choptop next?
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I've seen a cow vs buick. (fire police) Your fiero held up far better. That driver never made it to the hospital.

I'm glad your ok.

Either find one for cheap with a bad motor or now is a good time to go for t-tops.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
ouch!

Ice, Ice, baby! Keep the swelling down. Keep your phone handy just in case you need it in the am, or just yell for your wife.

Hope your dreams don't look like
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
My wife wants to know if you have any steaks for sale?
I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

OMG! First off, did the cow make it?

That is one of the more lucky accidents to make it through. It looks like a game changer. My father was in the body shop business for nearly 40 years, and I have seen many vehicles wrecked by animals. Never have I seen destruction like that. You are one lucky individual. Go buy a lottery ticket. Seriously.

Tony

Holy Cow....but seriously, cars can be replaced, so I'm in total agreement with you and was thinking the same thing - He should buy a lottery ticket and give God thanks!

[This message has been edited by I FAR I (edited 02-07-2012).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Glad to see that you are relatively ok, very lucky to walk away from this as I'm sure you know. Good luck with insurance/ medical, hopefully no lasting ill effects.
SCCAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCAFieroSend a Private Message to SCCAFieroDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you are still around to talk about it. That said.......

What a bunch of slackers.

That'll buff right out.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about your injuries and the car, on a positive note happy you are able to write about it.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Holy smokes!
I saw this thread today but the PIP server is blocked at work, so I had no idea...

I'm just happy that you're okay.

Edit - I told my wife what you said about it being a big Angus cow.
She said, "Those are the most tender when beaten severely." She ain't right.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-07-2012).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
U know there are easier ways of doing a chop top lol as bad as it looks it would be a easy fix glad your ok.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Doesn't look THAT bad to fix if you're good with a hammer and a welder, but hard to say without taking the panels off. I'd be having a big ol' steak tonight, after I kicked that farmer's ass.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Holy COW!!!!!!!!!!

PM sent.....
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Holy COW!!!!!!!!!!

PM sent.....

already trying to get parts of it.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Found this posted on the Texas CHL forum. Liked to laughed my ----- off. But it (face) hurts to much.

Found on the TexasCowForum:

Guys you would not guess what happened to me last night. I was coming back from visiting some friends when all of a sudden I see two bright lights coming straight at me. Before I knew what happened, I was flying up in the air and landed on this little car. I was hurt and missing a piece of skin. Went to see if the guy would help me get back to the barn, but when I checked he was sleeping on the side of the road. How inconsiderate of him. After beating me up, the least he could do was give me ride back to the barn. But no, he just pretended to be sleeping, so I had to walk all the way to the barn by myself. I later saw him flying off in a helicopter. He must be a rich important man.

Man I’m going to be sore for days. Those maniacs think they own the roads.

Be careful out there.

Elsie
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
My college room-mate hit a horse with his '62 Fairlane. This was in 1966, so his insurance fixed the car with damage a lot like yours. The dashes in those cars were metal. The one thing he didn't have fixed was the horse-shoe print in the top of the dash.

Glad your OK. You're lucky the Fiero nose is so low you impacted his legs and not his body.
BradWirdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BradWirdoSend a Private Message to BradWirdoDirect Link to This Post
That is crazy glad your alright.

This will settle the sunroof or no sunroof debate...I'm glad I've got a sunroof
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Wow.

Glad you are OK man.

I think it's time for a BBQ.

Brad
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave