MotorWEAK? by fierophenom
Started on: 01-20-2012 04:36 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: IMSA GT on 01-20-2012 06:17 PM
fierophenom

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierophenomSend a Private Message to fierophenomDirect Link to This Post
Watching the old Motorweek reviews,I noticed a sharp downward spiral in their positivity toward the Fiero from 1985-1988.Although '88 garnered a slightly better review because of the new suspension design,the editors/reviewers were pretty hard on them through those years.In contrast,the review for the '84 model was (mostly)very positive.Do you think it is a possibility that the Chevrolet brass at GM was putting pressure on the Motorweek editors to downplay the positive aspects of the Fiero,because the little Pontiac 2 seater was digging too much into Corvette sales? Or could the (very few) reports of engine fires have cast a sour shadow on the Fiero in the eyes of the public? These MW reviews can be easily seen on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...t=PLC238BE1837F8811B

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
If you read just about any article on the Fiero from back then, they all basically say the same thing: in 84, everybody loved it, 85-87, the car needs work, and in 88, they got it right. I think when the car came out, everyone was so excited because it was so different, and people could see the potential that was there. Later on, GM didn't improve the car as quickly as they would have liked.
Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2012 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post
You may want to lay off the cliche titles when you make a thread. If the thread has valuable information in it and someone searches later on, they will never find the info based on your titles.
fierophenom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierophenomSend a Private Message to fierophenomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jackdaniels:

You may want to lay off the cliche titles when you make a thread. If the thread has valuable information in it and someone searches later on, they will never find the info based on your titles.

The titles are what draws attention.What is determined to be "valuable" or not stands in the eye of the beholder. Plain vanilla attracts less,and,quite frankly,is very boring.After all..you looked at it,didn't you?

Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2012 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierophenom:

The titles are what draws attention.What is determined to be "valuable" or not stands in the eye of the beholder. Plain vanilla attracts less,and,quite frankly,is very boring.After all..you looked at it,didn't you?

Yeah, I looked to see what you "meant" to say since the title means nothing. Ask anyone on here, or try it yourself, to search for actual Pontiac motor transplants using the search function of the website. Your "Purity" thread will not be in the results so if your thread has some awesome ideas, unfortunately, it will not be in the search results under "Pontiac motors" or V8. Someone would have to remember your exact thread name whereas if you physically typed "Pontiac motors" as your thread title, it will appear in the search menu whenever a "motor" question is typed.

Its the same like some of the members on here making a thread titled.... "I had an idea". You open it and it is about the perfect 3800sc motor build-up. You wait a year and search for "3800sc" and all of the other threads that had a "3800" in the title will be in there but my example thread will not be in the list because the title has nothing to do with the contents.

[This message has been edited by Jackdaniels (edited 01-20-2012).]

Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jackdaniels:

. . . my example thread will not be in the list because the title has nothing to do with the contents.

Then search the content (entire thread).

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
Monterey, California

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I see this guys point. I just tried to search for Motorweek and this thread did not pop up. This is a little pet-peeve of mine also but I'll just enjoy my popcorn

Edit. I tried all different ways and all categories to search. Unless you spell it MotorWEAK, you see no results.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-20-2012).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock