Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Post your custom paint jobs please! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Post your custom paint jobs please! by fierogt27
Started on: 12-30-2011 08:46 PM
Replies: 54
Last post by: hksteck84 on 03-08-2012 11:54 AM
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
Im looking to paint my car in the next couple months but Im not sure what I want to paint it yet. Im thinking about a more mellow color but open to anything. Im not looking for pictures or flames or anything crazy just not stock colors. Post pictures of your cars or of others' Fieros if you have any saved. Thank you in advance!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
This is GM's Sunset Metallic Orange, with the trim painted to match.

pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Paint jobs are one of the parts in the story of a car that I find says all in one voice the theme of your vision. I once asked my cousin how I could make a paint job be able to sparkle, like a light reflecting of a gemstone, know what he told me?

It's almost hilarious when I remember that day, I was so stunned, it was so simple, and would be incredibly cheap too, yet would work far beyond anything I could begin to hope for. Glitter. If you are going to shell out that hard earned money for somone else to work on your dream, to make your vision of that dream come true. I pray that you are as informed about possiblility as your theme.

Of course the more it is used, just like those florescent lites that are now banned because they caused people to become enraptured with the sight that they forgot they were driving something dangerous too.

Thanx all,

Happy New Year...

Air-eek....

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

S.F??, hint, it's a car manufacturer....

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
mine.

Krylon "Satin Olive" - spray paint, sold at Walmart for $3.97 a can.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 01-04-2012).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

------------------

fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the replys guys.

Dave, I like that blue, I might try to find a couple shades darker. I like the front scoops you put on too

sabooo, I like I kinda like the burnt orange, it kinda makes the car look like it was made in the 2000's, pretty modern

Pavo, I agree completely. Thats why I want something kinda mellow colored. I dont want it to pop out where you can see it from a mile away, but it would be nice for it to kinda pop out in a parking lot or car show.

qwikgta, I really like yours alot. Gives it some show class without being all ricered out lol. A very old school apperance. Could you give me some more details on it? Like who painted it, what brand paint, did you do a panel off job, ect... Thanks in advance. By the way, you and dave e bouy have the exact same front and quarter panel scoops.

randye, Ive always really liked your car, reminds me of sunkist lol. It looks like a great show car but too flashy for me to daily drive it, there's too many cops around here that will take you down for doing five over.

Keep the pictures coming guys!
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pic's of the Wind Dancer, The paint is Candy Apple Brandywine from the House of Kolor, And it is gorgeous. Sometimes I find my self just sitting there looking at it

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Custom as it gets:

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
There's Helmet's.

There's FieroAdam's.

I was thinking of doing a varriation of FieroAdam's like in my sig, but as I was painting it, it didn't look right, so mine is the same paint scheme as FieroAdam's but not the exact same colors. Mine isn't finished yet, I had to stop because temperatures dropped to low out here for me to keep working on it. I need to fix a few runs and do some wet sanding and polishing. I found a spot that looks a little thin on the white on the passengers side, but I'll probably wait to fix that and do it when I find the rockers and groundeffects peices/panels for those areas. It wouldn't be hard to mask off the rest of the car to repaint the white in that area. Also need to figure out what to do about the wheels... Income taxes are coming up, maybe if I get something back this year I can find some wheels.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 12-31-2011).]

jmex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmexSend a Private Message to jmexDirect Link to This Post
2012 GM three stage white diamond pearl. Matte black on moldings.

Jim
PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
The color is honda h98B electron blue.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 12-31-2011).]

NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmex:

Jim

WOW!!!!

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NightMare Cruiser:
WOW!!!!

/concur

Very nice.
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifDirect Link to This Post

Jim

You stole my ideas... did u custom make ur hood or is it a scoop u molded in?

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
Just shot it 4 weeks ago, still in the buffing stages. I also added the wing painted the same way since then.

My first Fiero, and the first paint job I did. I was experimenting with flip paint at work at the time so I decided it would be a good idea. You either loved it or hated it. I liked it but it is different. The blue and white on turns more heads, and has gotten way more compiments.

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Here are a couple of photos of two of my vehicles that may be interesting to you.

Nelson
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Pontiac Stealth Gray. (~2005 G6 and Grand Prix)

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-01-2012).]

joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
Mine

-Joe
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Jim

That looks awesome!
topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Lapis Blue

PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
Another one I've allways liked is Pumpkincarriages.

fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
IIKool, I love it. Could you give me some more details on it?

Stephen, I love it, how did you decide on the color?

Khw, I like those because they are different but not exactly my style.

Jmex, I really love the pearl white, can I get some more details on it?

Macs, I like it, but I would like maybe a couple shades darker

Curlrup, I saw yours on facebook and really liked it, I was strongly considering a similar version of it

Hnthomps and Raydar, my first idea of paint was gunmetal, I like it alot now that I see what it could look like

Joesfiero, I was following your build threads, and I like it for a show car, but not for a daily driver

topcat, just like curlrup's, I may consider doing something similar to yours too. I just dont want to do an exact copy lol

Khw/pumpkincarriages, I like it, but again, only for a show car.
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Lapis Blue

I like this one. Inspiration for mine.
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post

Curlrup

2590 posts
Member since Apr 2007

Originally posted by fierogt27:

IIKool, I love it. Could you give me some more details on it?

Stephen, I love it, how did you decide on the color?

Khw, I like those because they are different but not exactly my style.

Jmex, I really love the pearl white, can I get some more details on it?

Macs, I like it, but I would like maybe a couple shades darker

Curlrup, I saw yours on facebook and really liked it, I was strongly considering a similar version of it

Hnthomps and Raydar, my first idea of paint was gunmetal, I like it alot now that I see what it could look like

Joesfiero, I was following your build threads, and I like it for a show car, but not for a daily driver

topcat, just like curlrup's, I may consider doing something similar to yours too. I just dont want to do an exact copy lol

Khw/pumpkincarriages, I like it, but again, only for a show car.

Topcat was the inspriation for mine after i asked to see Blue and white cars on the forum when I was thinking about going Blue and white.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
My alternate choice was Greystone Metallic. It's another GM color. Very similar to the gray on Nelson's Mera (although I think he said that his was something other than GM.)

There was also another option, but it was going to be expensive, and hard to match in the event of needed repairs.
Barbados Blue. Came only on the 2004 GTO
http://ultimategto.com/cgi-...pic=/2004/04_00001_1

Pics really don't do it justice, though. It looks like its 1/4" thick, on the car.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-01-2012).]

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Here are some pic's of the Wind Dancer, The paint is Candy Apple Brandywine from the House of Kolor, And it is gorgeous. Sometimes I find my self just sitting there looking at it

Great color choice!! I LOVE those rims!!!! The size and style compliment the car nicely. What style are they, Thanks Ray

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

qwikgta, I really like yours alot. Gives it some show class without being all ricered out lol. A very old school apperance. Could you give me some more details on it? Like who painted it, what brand paint, did you do a panel off job, ect... Thanks in advance. By the way, you and dave e bouy have the exact same front and quarter panel scoops.

Thanks. I painted it in my garage and it was a panel off job. Its Krylon spray paint. Took about 15 cans or so (+, -). Used about 10 cans of primer on it too. I know its spray paint but I took my time, sanded each panel until perfect, primed and wetsanded each coat of primer until I had a good smooth coat. Painted the top coat and sanded each and if I had any issues I just sanded it down and did it again. I didn't have any major issues, no runs or anything. Best part is I have a few cans of paint left so when I have a scratch I just sand it down and paint it. Car is garage kept and I don't drive it in the rain so it has lasted for amost 2 years with no problems. This was just a temp job until I can afford a real paint job, but so far its still working so i'll keep it for now. I am working on a new hood (angel vent) and will be working on a new trunk lid soon.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 01-02-2012).]

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

qwikgta

4659 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

The color is honda h98B electron blue.

Lets see some more of this. Love the blue.

rob
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
These are older shots from when i was wet sanding it after paint. you can see where i haven't gotten to polishing it out in the one picture.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 01-02-2012).]

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
My gunmetal gray paint was a Toyota color (1E9 I believe) with pearl added to it. Paintwork was by Paul Angel.

Nelson

PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else getting missing pictures or red X's just happened all of the sudden, and i posted my pics with pip.
fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post

Anyone else getting missing pictures or red X's just happened all of the sudden, and i posted my pics with pip.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087957.html

I think PIP may be the problem

[This message has been edited by fierogt27 (edited 01-02-2012).]

IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

Great color choice!! I LOVE those rims!!!! The size and style compliment the car nicely. What style are they, Thanks Ray

Someone else wanted to know about the car so let see, I have owned the Wind Dancer for twenty-five years. The name came from before I installed the new hood we all know that these car will dance at triple digit. 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT. 3800SC and a 465eHD transmission from a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix with Drive By Wire install a couple of yrs. ago by GT Service Center in Melbourne Fl. Custom hood with a vent that works. Side skirt by unknown vendor, Rear spoiler on 7 inch wing stands. Paint, House of Kolor Candy Apple Brandywine. Wheels are 18 teens made by Nakayama, Tires are Nakang 225 x 40 - R18. As Porky Pig would say ( Tat all forks)
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Hey IIkool. we have similar hood scoops. Mine is a re-worked ZR-2. I'll be at Daytona this year, hopefully you will too, I'd love to see your ride.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 01-03-2012).]

Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
I"ll toss one of mine in. I wouldn't call it a custom paint job, but it's not a stock Fiero color..

Vince

------------------
Snapperhead Productions - Used Fiero Parts
Mirror Stainless Door Sill Plates - Mirror Stainless Deck Lid Mirrors - Acrylic Hood & Trunk Mirrors
Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Services.

Rides:
85 Fiero Gt, 86 Fiero GT " Snapperhead", 88 Formula --- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

Our Old Rides:
85 Honda Nighthawk S, Yamaha FZ600, 88 Yamaha FZR1000, Myers Manx, MG Midget, MGB, Lots of V-8 Pintos, Pinto Cruiser Wagon, 67 VW Bug, Toyota Cressida Wagon, 78 Mustang, 76 Mustang, 77 Vette, 67 Firebird, 87 Fiero GT, 88 Fiero Formula, 98 Grand AM, 96 Chevy K1500 Z71, 94 Z24, 94 Sunbird Convert, 93 Caravan, 91 Grand AM, 91 Dodge B250 Van, 91 Caravan, 90 Corsica, 82 Vette, 04 GTO, 04 Grand Prix.... I'm sure I've missed a few....

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 01-03-2012).]

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
not sure whos car this is, its been sitting in my folder for like 2years now for when i get my car painted...

i just love the fade in the middle on this... and its about the same color i waned to paint my car, only i was goinng to go a darker blue, then i seen this and was like O.o and drooled...

[This message has been edited by hookdonspeed (edited 01-03-2012).]

Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
That would be Jimmy S's fiero.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

thanks!
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifDirect Link to This Post

that is one eye catching paint job. I love it
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay