Started on: 12-17-2011 01:29 PM
Replies: 34
Last post by: Capt Fiero on 12-24-2011 02:45 PM
FriendOfYours

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-17-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
http://seattle.craigslist.o.../cto/2757935897.html

What a good looking car

Not mine

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 12-17-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FirstDrCar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarDirect Link to This Post
Is this for real? If so what a good buy! I would pick it up in an instant if I lived in Seattle.
ThatFieroKid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatFieroKidSend a Private Message to ThatFieroKidDirect Link to This Post
me gusta
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I like.

Though, the idea of building a dedicated roadster in the pacific northwest is probably the reason for the low mileage.
GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
http://portland.craigslist..../cto/2756932415.html

Basically the same ad but with a different picture
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Looks like one of the better executed roadsters in regards to the body work and the head rest bulges. Would be curious as to the chassis reinforcement.
FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarDirect Link to This Post
So is this a GM concept, since the ad states, "GM had to ok build"?
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post
the car pictured above was built in 1983 .i have a picture of it in a 1983 sept issue of road and track .note the bumper pads and grilles in the rear hood .not the same car , unless it had substantial updating .and he calls it a 1985 .maybe somebody knows where this one came from ?
RKB75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RKB75Send a Private Message to RKB75Direct Link to This Post
Here a picture taken of it in 85.
shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
ive seen a red one like that befor with a GT rear on with the file search for the pictures
PFF
System Bot
shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

shawnk

968 posts
Member since Mar 2008
ok i lied it still has the notchie lights not the GT like i though plus i found other pics in my files i know the vents on the front and rear bumper are photoshoped

[This message has been edited by shawnk (edited 12-18-2011).]

shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

shawnk

968 posts
Member since Mar 2008
upon looking again the a pillars are different. the car in the ad has a stock a pillar and wind shield you can tell by the curve before the very top
FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarDirect Link to This Post
Anyone live in Seattle that can check this car out? See how legitimate it is...
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Man I gotta say that red one is really sweet looking. I love the headrest bulges on that decklid. I wonder how hard it would be to make a fiero like this and I also wonder if you could fab up a nice boot/rain cover for when you do get caught in the wet stuff. Kinda like a motorcycle, ride it to the nearest overpass and wait it out or put a cover on it and go have a burger and fries while the rain goes by..... I could dig it!! Peace

Pete

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
The speedster that GM built as a prototype went to the Mesa AZ Proving Grounds in 86 or 87 after it's stint as a show car. Pontiac was still attempting to build a legitimate convertible as late as 87. The car was used for frame rigidity testing and eventually destroyed after the test abuse. So, it has been confirmed that the GM speedster is gone. All of the pictures above are of the same car. I have pictures of the car in 13 different variations. The guys at the prototype shop really like the car and kept tweeking it to update it to the latest Fiero body design. John Sawruk mentions this in the Witzenburg book.

It seems to me that the car listed by the OP is one that was built back when the Fiero was new as a tribute car to the GM speedster. It looks familiar to me. There was a speedster that would come to the FOCOA meets that was built by a professional shop. I will have to look through my FOCOA magazines and see if I can find it.

Fred
L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post12-19-2011 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
I thought someone would have mentioned by now that the original prototypes did not come with paperwork and could not be driven on the street. Wasn't that car auctioned at Berrett Jackson not long ago?
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by L67:

I thought someone would have mentioned by now that the original prototypes did not come with paperwork and could not be driven on the street. Wasn't that car auctioned at Berrett Jackson not long ago?

The red convertible is the car you are thinking of and yes, the B-J cars came with only a bill of sale. The car has a happy home. It is not the speedster we are discussing in this thread.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

...the idea of building a dedicated roadster in the pacific northwest is probably the reason for the low mileage.

Good point. Not the most practical car for this neck of the woods!

I thought leaky T-tops were a bad enough idea for this climate, but a roadster takes the cake.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-20-2011).]

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
WOW! I would love to own that.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
My girlfriend went to the Volo Car Museum in Illinois with her family over the summer. I couldn't make it but she took LOTS of pictures for me. One of them depicts the Fiero speedster being discussed here. Now the car wasn't there, but I guess there was a piece about it in a book they had on display there. So this is a pic of a pic, but it'll give you guys an idea. Unfortunately it didn't occur to her to get a pic of the text... Oh well.

Notice it says "Roadster" at the bottom.

------------------
(TRSX) The Zombiero - "Thrice resurrected"
1985 GT, 4 Speed Muncie, 3.4PR V6, 15" Lace GT wheels, Power everything, sunroof, Red with gray effects. Driven and enjoyed daily.

Fiero GT- 2 seater, mid engine, rear wheel drive, H.O. V6, manual rack and pinion steering, fully independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, no ABS, no traction control, no speed limiter, available T-Tops. So, outdated econo-box or classic sports car? You decide.

PFF
System Bot
beachbomb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for beachbombSend a Private Message to beachbombDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone notice the Indy in the picture above, it is a hardtop, I thought all indy's had a sun-roof. Am I incorrect?

Jim
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Not much detail about the car in the ad.
Not all Indys had sunroofs and very few came w/o AC.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
"(GENERAL MOTORS HAD TO OK BUILD)"

LOL. Joe
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Yup, this is not the GM speedster. Nothing related to GM about this car, except that it is a fiero. Some one could make a quick top for this, not not worth the money as is.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Last year I bought a 84 "convertable" that had a broken top. I looked over all the photos on Pennocks of "roadsters" because if I could not fix the top, it was going to be turned into a roadster.

The one I bought had the frame rails under it and the doors closed really well on both sides. The pass side was perfect, no sag at all. In the end I sold the car but making one a roadster would not be that difficult. Hard to tell if the one for sale has had some additional work done on the rear decklid/fenders. I was going to have the rear decklid attached to the rear fenders and open up backward (hinged at the rear).

Not sure why this one is worth $10K and the seller should offer us a lot more information about why he thinks its worth that. I does have some good looking work from what we can tell in the crappy photos, but it will need some kind of engine vent. The Convertable I bought had a crappy vent in the decklid that was broken, but some pictures of others had used a Subaru hood vent turned backward and it looks great.

Hope someone up North can get to this car, take some more pics and get us some more data.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 12-21-2011).]

Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

The red convertible is the car you are thinking of and yes, the B-J cars came with only a bill of sale. The car has a happy home. It is not the speedster we are discussing in this thread.

Fred, Do you know how to get ahold of the guy with the BJ Convertible? All i would like is a couple of photos of the folding top. I need the finish the convertible I started back in 1990.... Thanks Mark Please reply or email me if you are able. mklein@iowatelecom.net

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mark A. Klein:
Fred, Do you know how to get ahold of the guy with the BJ Convertible? All i would like is a couple of photos of the folding top. I need the finish the convertible I started back in 1990.... Thanks Mark Please reply or email me if you are able. mklein@iowatelecom.net

You might want to take a look here http://www.automoda.net/videos.htm

------------------

My Build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com
My LED marker kits for sale

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
this car sure brings up a lot of curiosity. if this was one of the GM concepts, wouldnt we have seen it by now? unless this has been kept inside a bubble inside a storage container inside a warehouse.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Not much detail about the car in the ad.
Not all Indys had sunroofs and very few came w/o AC.

So far I have not seen an Indy without a sunroof and I own all the records. Not saying it didn't happen but I am pretty sure it was a standard part of the car. The best rumor I hear is that the manuals are rare and non were at the track. I have records of them at the track and so far my Indy list of known cars show the manual to automatics 50/50. Rick B

www.FieroPaceCar.com

Total cars on this list minus first 4 is 359
With Automatics 179
With Manual 173
No trans listed 08
Canadian 24
Destroyed/Salvaged 15

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 12-24-2011).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Its possible the car was built as a convertible and the top was damaged so it was converted to a roadster with the nice mods behind the seat area. We have another convertible for sale here in BC just north of Seattle. This one does have the top though, along with tons of documentation.

http://vancouver.en.craigsl.../cto/2756443065.html

P.S. Hey Patrick nice to see you around.
------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 12-24-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
I think the term Documentation and Receipts are being mixed up. If the car is something rare then you have Documentation. If it is a build that is able to be done anywhere then it should be receipts. Using the term "Documentation" gives the illusion that it is one of a kind to me for a reason. Receipts go with a build like Capt Fieros as it has been completely redone and changed. I understand Documentation means the story in this case but not something rare. I hope this makes sense? Not intended as a slam just my thoughts of perception. Rick B
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Man-O-Man that black one is super nice too. Anyone got any idea what is entailed in making the car structurally sound enough to be a convertible? Is it just some undercarriage bracing? Anyone got some pics of what it looks like? That really is a nice looking car without the roof. haha peace

Pete

Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinDirect Link to This Post
That a a kit that was available until about 1990. The company had several different names and went bankrupt at least twice???? The Frame that they suppliled was not very strong. I would not advice copying it. LA Convertibles? as I recall?
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
This was another one we had in our local club for sale, it was nice with a 383 installed.

I use to have pics of the modifications to the frame someplace, they installed massive braces that went down from the hood, along the base of the doors, and up to the deck lid, plus an X brace under the car. It was solid as a rock and even with the 383 it did not flex. Was an amazing piece of work. Car has since been sold 3 or 4 times, due to it being a roadster and living in BC Canada where its only practical to drive it for about 3 months out of the year. I believe the latest engine installed was on an engine dyno at around 600hp.

I have a few pics here, http://captfiero.com/V8forsale please do not try and contact the seller in the add he has not owned the car in 10 years.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock