Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Any interest in a group buy of the custom Getrag F23 shift cable? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Any interest in a group buy of the custom Getrag F23 shift cable? by mattwa
Started on: 12-01-2011 05:38 PM
Replies: 52
Last post by: nitroheadz28 on 12-16-2011 09:51 PM
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
In L67's F23 tutorial, he had a custom length shift cable made for his F23 install, since I'm doing the same thing, I also wanted that cable. The individual price of the cable is going to be $115 + shipping, so I was curious if anyone was interested in purchasing the same cable as well. The modified cable will cost $110.00 with free shipping with the group buy of 5 or more, which we now have.

12-4=
OK! I am now going to start collecting the money for these cables. This means no more additional orders from this post on to simply things. Hate to do it, but it could confuse things and I do not want that.
The total is $110 per person.

PayPal address: pchaskin@uncc.edu

Please send the payment as a gift (this will avoid all PayPal fees), and provide your shipping address plus your PFF username in the notes section. I need to know the PFF usernames so I know who has paid and who has not. I don't think that's too much to ask. I will mark who has paid on my list as well.

Current list of buyers-
mattwa $
nitroheadz28 $
jdv $
fierogt27 $
85sliverGT $
eph_kay $
ghost187x $

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 12-06-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
I'm in
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
Im in, I following your swap Mattwa. Im doing this swap early 2012 so I need to start collecting parts. Also, do you think we could do a group buy for the other parts like the slave adapter/ mounts?
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt27:

Im in, I following your swap Mattwa. Im doing this swap early 2012 so I need to start collecting parts. Also, do you think we could do a group buy for the other parts like the slave adapter/ mounts?

I don't think a group buy from Rodger Thelin would make any price difference, however I already bought the clutch line adapter for $20 shipped. I also know just the rear mount is $125, which I declined, I plan to make my own. Maybe I could start selling my own Fiero F23 conversion kit with mounts and cable brackets. :P If there would be any demand for such a kit.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 12-02-2011).]

TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I don't think a group buy from Rodger Thelin would make any price difference, however I already bought the clutch line adapter for $20 shipped. I also know just the rear mount is $125, which I declined, I plan to make my own. Maybe I could start selling my own Fiero F23 conversion kit with mounts and cable brackets. :P If there would be any demand for such a kit.

You mean like a bolt up and go kind of kit? I'd be game!
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
Same here. I am much more inclined to buy a proper kit, than to be hunting for bits and pieces.

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Same here. I am much more inclined to buy a proper kit, than to be hunting for bits and pieces.

But that's the fun of it!

Seriously, I have been pondering this kit idea all day. It has it's challenges, including what potential customers would be willing to pay, how many would be interested, what would come with it, etc. The shift cables wouldn't have much to do with me, at least that I know of right now, but I could make the mounting and the shift/select cable bracket, providing L67 will let me use his design, and new drop in select lever like mine is only not welded. The front mount would be a challenge because on the 60 degree case of the F23, there is no real provision for a front mount like the ecotech case, so either I could made a mount that uses the bosses on the end of the case (don't really like that) or use the bell-housing bolts like L67 did and I plan to do. I rather not make both types.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 12-02-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Maybe I could start selling my own Fiero F23 conversion kit with mounts and cable brackets. :P If there would be any demand for such a kit.

If you can whip something up by spring 2012 I'm game. I'll be going to europe from late may to july and when I get back I'm planning on spending the rest of the summer finishing the mechanicals/ exterior on my car. I want to have all my parts stockpiled and ready when I get back. If this falls through, if you can make duplicates of the pieces youre going to use on what youre building now then I'd be interested in that. I'm most likely going the same route as you are (unless someone ends up selling an incomplete project locally like an L67 or L32 with a top swap with some work done to it, same crap anyway), L26/F23 except I'll be boosting from the getgo.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 12-02-2011).]

L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2011 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
I just got off the phone with my supplier. Materials have gone up in price, so the price I was given six months ago is now the group buy rate for 5 or more cables. So I will continue to offer the cable at $110 with no shipping fee, which is already a 15-20% discount depending on distance for UPS. That's the best I can do.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so I'm going to need at least 4 or more people who 100% want to buy this cable to make this group buy worth it or else everyone will have to get one individually. I would like to start a list of who wants this cable 100%.

List is in first post.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 12-03-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Like I said- I'm in
jdv

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvDirect Link to This Post
I 'am in . this is my next project.
fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
I'm in 100%
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Yaaay theres four almost there

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 12-03-2011).]

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
Ok I'm in. Let's do it
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Ok, we have enough to do the group buy. I'm going to wait one more day to see if anyone else would be interested, and in the mean time, I'll set things up.
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayDirect Link to This Post
I am interested, what will the normal price rate be now? I might buy 2 sets now.

Chris

:edit:
I am in 100% for 1 set, but might buy 2 now depending on how much cheaper they are.

[This message has been edited by eph_kay (edited 12-03-2011).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eph_kay:

I am interested, what will the normal price rate be now? I might buy 2 sets now.

Chris

:edit:
I am in 100% for 1 set, but might buy 2 now depending on how much cheaper they are.

The rate is going to be $110 per cable with the group buy of 5 or more, which we already have. Please let me know if you want two or just one.
Just curious, why two?
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2011 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by eph_kay:
what will the normal price rate be now?

$115 + shipping. The manufacturer will only use UPS, so shipping ends up being a little chunk of change. Shipping to your neck of the woods would be around $15.00. So if you jump into the group buy, you're essentially paying $95.00 a cable plus shipping, for a much longer than normal specialty cable. Considering that Fierostore sells their cables for $120.00 plus shipping, and they have their cables mass produced, it really isn't a bad deal even outside the group buy, but you save about $20.00 per cable this way.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Going to start payment tonight, and with that, stop receiving new orders for this group buy. So if you want one and you are not on the list, let me know asap!
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
OK! I am now going to start collecting the money for these cables. This means no more additional orders from this post on to simply things. Hate to do it, but it could confuse things and I do not want that.

Please send the payment as a gift (this will avoid all PayPal fees), and provide your shipping address plus your PFF username in the notes section. I need to know the PFF usernames so I know who has paid and who has not. I don't think that's too much to ask. I will mark who has paid on my list as well.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

3 days is all you waited Matt?
Its like you want to continue on with your project or something...

Watching the other thread every day, good work man. Wish I had your motivation.

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 12-04-2011).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

3 days is all you waited Matt?
Its like you want to continue on with your project or something...

Watching the other thread every day, good work man. Wish I had your motivation.

I understand it seemed somewhat of a short time span, but we had more then 5 people, and a whole weekend later, I'm sure we have everyone that wants to go this route right now, I'm actually somewhat surprised I got this many people. And no, I didn't rush it though solely for my project, I won't need the cable for several weeks I'm guessing.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 12-04-2011).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
If you do come up with a complete kit, I'd be interested.

------------------

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Payment sent.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Still need payment from 3 more people, paid list has been updated.
fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
I will send my payment when I get home from work. My Paypal app isn't working
fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post

fierogt27

836 posts
Member since Jan 2011
I will send my payment when I get home from work. My Paypal app isn't working
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
$ent.
PFF
System Bot
fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
Money Sent
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Group buy update, only one person has not paid, as soon as we get it taken care of then we can get the ball rolling.
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvDirect Link to This Post
money sent
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Sweet! We're all set
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yep, everyone has paid, and the cables are going to be ordered tomorrow at noon.
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post
You should do one for the stock Automatics.

I need one so I would be in
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
You know what, that would be a good idea, I know of three people that need one, including you and me. You use the same cable for the 4-speed automatic's as well (4T60, 4T60e. 4T65e (HD)), so I could see a market for adjustable ones. There are alot of non-adjustable ones out there, and that doesn't do us 4-speed auto swappers any good.

Edit: except my version would have a METAL end for the transmission select lever. No more plastic breaking and melting.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 12-06-2011).]

L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-07-2011 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
The order is placed. My guy is out of the office today, they're going to have him call me with the lead time tomorrow.
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2011 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Cables are made. As soon as they're mailed I will post an update.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock