Plug and Play 3.4 swap FORSALE!!! by 1badeightyeight
Started on: 10-16-2011 09:45 PM
Replies: 30
Last post by: jscott1 on 10-17-2011 11:32 PM
1badeightyeight

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1badeightyeightSend a Private Message to 1badeightyeightDirect Link to This Post
Hey Everybody i have the deal of a life time for ya!
This motor is BRAND NEW from drain plug to distributor cap and everything in between!
Ive got every performance mod you can put on a 3.4 already bolted in and on it. Starts on first crank has been driven maybe 200miles...did i mention brand new!
Comes mated to the fiero TH125 automatic transmission which was professionally gone through and freshened up. (drive axels included)
Engine Specs:
3.4 Chevy V6 (All machining done professionally) stock internals other than Keith Black hypereutecktic domed pistons (estimated 11:1 compression)
Melling M- select camshaft: Duration 278/288, Lift .420/.443 (beautiful sounding idle, and perfect powerband)
Stock Fiero Heads (proffesionally gone through and freshened up and milled 10thousandths )
Crane Gold 1.6 Full Roller Rockers
Truleo Intake Manifold (ultimate fiero upgrade $700)
Bored Throttle Body
Bosch 19lbs Fuel Injectors
Westcoast Fiero Shorty Headers and Y pipe
Westcoast Fiero Cold Air Intake
Every Ignition Component Brand New
Accessories: new water pump, Melling High volume Oil Pump (60-70lbs at idle, pegs the gauge when ya get on it!)
All new sensors
*Custom Tuned Prom from Websters Garage!
I know i am forgetting other things but that covers the main points! Don't build it yourself I already did the work for ya! I have well over 5000 dollars and countless hours in this package and everything to turn your fiero into the a real road machine DONT MISS OUT!
I Need $2500 not a cent less. YOU cant Build this package for anywhere close to that price! Please Message me if your interested. Can hear run, the car is at our bodyshop in Mason, Michigan. Remember Motor, Tranny, Prom all bolts right into your fiero! Get ahold of me soon Thanks

Jeremy.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Pics would help ya out....
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
in 3
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
You should have posted in the Mall
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Ok, Lets chat about this.

For less money you could have twice the horsepower, twice the reliability, improved fuel mileage and better emissions with a modern engine swap.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 10-16-2011).]

cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

You should have posted in the Mall

He did. By the way cross posting is frowned upon here (cross posting being that you posted it in the mall and the general section).

-Brandon
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

For less money you could have twice the horsepower, twice the reliability, improved fuel mileage and better emissions with a modern engine swap.

Okay since this is posted in chat, then let's chat...

Not everybody wants a modern swap in a Fiero. Some people like the look and feel of the stock motor, but want a newer version of it for reliability reasons.

Oh and not everybody wants a 90 degree V8 with 2 cylinders missing that sounds like a$$

When my 2.8 bites the dust I am strongly inclined to replace it with a crate 3.4.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-17-2011).]

D3M6B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D3M6BSend a Private Message to D3M6BDirect Link to This Post
Sure everyone wanta a fast 1/4 mile car. Hell i would love if i could have mine doing 12 if not sub 12 sec pass's. But i wouldnt trade the thrill of having a manual at my discretion. Thats the only thing that keeps me from going the 3800SC route. Im not saying all are auto. It just seems most are and the best set up for one is auto.
Now 1badeighty eigjt. I would love to purchase your 3.4 and attach it to a manual. Unfortantly im no where near michigan. I wish you the best of luck thou. And even if i was i dont have the equipment needed to install it.

V/R
AG2(AW/SW) MAUK
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D3M6B:

Sure everyone wanta a fast 1/4 mile car. Hell i would love if i could have mine doing 12 if not sub 12 sec pass's. But i wouldnt trade the thrill of having a manual at my discretion. Thats the only thing that keeps me from going the 3800SC route. Im not saying all are auto. It just seems most are and the best set up for one is auto.
Now 1badeighty eigjt. I would love to purchase your 3.4 and attach it to a manual. Unfortantly im no where near michigan. I wish you the best of luck thou. And even if i was i dont have the equipment needed to install it.

V/R
AG2(AW/SW) MAUK

Then use a manuel trans on a 3800 swap...Problem solved.....Justin's car is a 5 speed Getrag that is a DD that runs 11.5s......
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by jscott1:

Okay since this is posted in chat, then let's chat...

Not everybody wants a modern swap in a Fiero. Some people like the look and feel of the stock motor, but want a newer version of it for reliability reasons.

Oh and not everybody wants a 90 degree V8 with 2 cylinders missing that sounds like a$$

When my 2.8 bites the dust I am strongly inclined to replace it with a crate 3.4.

You actually have to still drive you cars to make them 'bite the dust"....So I think you will be good for a long time....Sure was hoping to see you at the Ruckus....

D3M6B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D3M6BSend a Private Message to D3M6BDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Then use a manuel trans on a 3800 swap...Problem solved.....Justin's car is a 5 speed Getrag that is a DD that runs 11.5s......

REALLY..... See from everything i've been reading every swears by the auto. So i just assumed(first mistake) that the manual is more of a hamper than a benifit for the 3800

V/R
AG2(AW/SW) Mauk

[This message has been edited by D3M6B (edited 10-17-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2011 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

REALLY..... See from everything i've been reading every swears by the auto. So i just assumed(first mistake) that the manual is more of a hamper than a benifit for the 3800

Only in California.

The manual is a little more expensive, since you have to also get a flywheel/clutch/etc… to use, but it's not what really any more difficult to do.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Only in California.

Yup. Cali smog laws only let you use the tranny that came stock with the engine and I beleive there wasn't a 3800 manual tranny made (except possibly for a front engine RWD setup). So, if your car is registered in California then the auto is the way you would want to go if you did a 3800 swap. It is possible to get a special type of registration (I forget what it's called) that would allow use of a manual with the 3800 but only like 500 of those are issued each year, so good luck.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 10-17-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
Really.....close to me too. huh? as far as Powering up.
i am good seeing as i got a broke 2.8, so everything is up from there!

got any pictures so we can discuss its appearence, here in General??

i will look in the Mall for this and finish there....to be comply-ant with the rules

daniel-
Mera X

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-17-2011).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Here's another example of the same crap. You don't have to throw up a debate about 3800's vs the world in EVERY engine thread. The only people impressed by this are you, DH, and L67. Why don't you try giving it a rest for a while?
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Here's another example of the same crap. You don't have to throw up a debate about 3800's vs the world in EVERY engine thread. The only people impressed by this are you, DH, and L67. Why don't you try giving it a rest for a while?

Relax.

You are too emotional to see why I posted what I did. I also said nothing about your precious 3800.

------------------
11.53@126.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 10-17-2011).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Relax.

You are too emotional to see why I posted what I did. I also said nothing about your precious 3800.

People are not here to have what they post critiqued by you. I know exactly what you posted, I read it more than once before I responded. I'm sure you were thinking of a LSX or a 3400 DOHC right? I'm not emotional when it comes to you, but I will call you out on this crap as you seem to be oblivious that no one is inviting this from you guys. The OP's post was a bit out of place seeing as this isn't the mall (which other people pointed out), but it wasn't really necessary to start the whole this engine vs that engine thing YET AGAIN. Do you not understand that a growing number of people are getting tired of this constant waste of time, effort, and IQ points? Your intention was to debate, otherwise you wouldn't have posted a post aimed at taking the thread off topic and initiating another confrontation. Be an adult for a minute and refrain.
D3M6B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D3M6BSend a Private Message to D3M6BDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Yup. Cali smog laws only let you use the tranny that came stock with the engine and I beleive there wasn't a 3800 manual tranny made (except possibly for a front engine RWD setup). So, if your car is registered in California then the auto is the way you would want to go if you did a 3800 swap. It is possible to get a special type of registration (I forget what it's called) that would allow use of a manual with the 3800 but only like 500 of those are issued each year, so good luck.

Nope. Fiero is reg in Illinois. Screw california and there emissions laws lol.

------------------
V/R
AG2(AW/SW) Mauk

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
A new user posted an add in General Fiero Chat filled with lies and embellishments. This person with no history is asking $2500 for a drive train. I call this Spam.
OP could easier be trying to dump a problematic engine on an unsuspecting member.
Example: Engine could have developed rod knock. OP slips in a new bearing so that new buyer can "hear it run". Member spends his time, or pays someone else, to install the drive train, only to have it fail a few miles down the road. All sales are final, nothing can be done. Buyer Beware. This sounds fishy to me.

Since this is spam posted in general chat, lets weigh our options.
You have $2500 you are willing to spend. Do you...
(lets say the OP is 100% factual, engine will give years of service)
- swap out a running 2.8, to give it a little bump in performance?
- replace your blown 2.8 with this engine?
- replace your blown 2.8 for a used ~$300 engine.
- swap in a more modern engine (more elbow grease)
- buy something like this(still a gamble imo)
- _______________

For those biting on this add, whats is your reason. What do you value your Fiero at now, and after this 3.4 swap? (I know to some it doesn't matter if they invest 20x the value of car, like mptighe) Help me understand.

Do my posts hurt more than they help? ...or is mptighe the biggest crybaby I have ever seen on these car forums?

------------------
11.53@126.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 10-17-2011).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

A new user posted an add in General Fiero Chat filled with lies and embellishments. This person with no history is asking $2500 for a drive train. I call this Spam.
OP could easier be trying to dump a problematic engine on an unsuspecting member.
Example: Engine could have developed rod knock. OP slips in a new bearing so that new buyer can "hear it run". Member spends his time, or pays someone else, to install the drive train, only to have it fail a few miles down the road. All sales are final, nothing can be done. Buyer Beware. This sounds fishy to me.

Since this is spam posted in general chat, lets weigh our options.
You have $2500 you are willing to spend. Do you...
(lets say the OP is 100% factual, engine will give years of service)
- swap out a running 2.8, to give it a little bump in performance?
- replace your blown 2.8 with this engine?
- replace your blown 2.8 for a used ~$300 engine.
- swap in a more modern engine (more elbow grease)
- buy something like this(still a gamble imo)
- _______________

For those biting on this add, whats is your reason. What do you value your Fiero at now, and after this 3.4 swap? (I know to some it doesn't matter if they invest 20x the value of car, like mptighe) Help me understand.

Do my posts hurt more than they help? ...or is mptighe the biggest crybaby I have ever seen on these car forums?

You're assuming quite a bit about this guy and the engine. Your original comment wasn't about the validity of his claim on the engine. You didn't ask for a build sheet validating the cost of the engine. You're breaking out your usual argument. The guy isn't trying to sell all of those other options. He's trying to sell what he has. It doesn't need to meet your approval. Personally I probably wouldn't spend that kind of cash on something like that, but I'm not a "Fiero purist". I don't need a Fiero plenum or to have it look stock. I'm not everyone though. I don't go into people's threads where they're trying to sell something and argue that it's not worth buying. Sometimes I comment about the value compared to comparable items, but that's about it.

I don't understand why people do the things they do, but I'm not going to try to debate every time I see something I wouldn't have done. I personally don't like most of the kit cars, especially the Lambos and Ferraris. I'm not going to go into every thread and challenge their right to do it. Call me a crybaby all you want, I have more respect for people and their choices than you. I also wouldn't type something on here that I wouldn't say to their face. Can you say the same?

OP, sorry about the derail. Justin can pm me if he wants to continue this. I'll refrain from continuing with this in your thread. Good luck with the sale, it might be a tough sell as you can see.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 10-17-2011).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2011 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

$2500 for a th125+3.4 pushrod is a bit much, even if it's freshly built. There are lots of engines you could put in for cheaper. The 3800 is only one of them.

Relax, man. No need to overreact.
PFF
System Bot
Nazareth

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethDirect Link to This Post
Being described as NEW is the big issue here, at best it's a rebuild.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
I met a local guy yesterday at Seekonk Speedway who has a 2.8 NA putting down 325hp to the wheels. His build is somewhere on v6z24.com... I guess he's running 12:1 with heads machined to use 2.02" intake valves. Shifts at 7300 rpm...
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post

You're assuming quite a bit about this guy and the engine. Your original comment wasn't about the validity of his claim on the engine. You didn't ask for a build sheet validating the cost of the engine. You're breaking out your usual argument. The guy isn't trying to sell all of those other options. He's trying to sell what he has. It doesn't need to meet your approval. Personally I probably wouldn't spend that kind of cash on something like that, but I'm not a "Fiero purist". I don't need a Fiero plenum or to have it look stock. I'm not everyone though. I don't go into people's threads where they're trying to sell something and argue that it's not worth buying. Sometimes I comment about the value compared to comparable items, but that's about it.

I don't understand why people do the things they do, but I'm not going to try to debate every time I see something I wouldn't have done. I personally don't like most of the kit cars, especially the Lambos and Ferraris. I'm not going to go into every thread and challenge their right to do it. Call me a crybaby all you want, I have more respect for people and their choices than you. I also wouldn't type something on here that I wouldn't say to their face. Can you say the same?

OP, sorry about the derail. Justin can pm me if he wants to continue this. I'll refrain from continuing with this in your thread. Good luck with the sale, it might be a tough sell as you can see.

I wasn't asking you any questions, unless you have considered paying for this package. I asked some legitimate questions that were on topic. I could have started a new thread but didn't think it was necessary. You are the one derailing this thread. It sounds like you are obssesed with me and a few other on here.

PM'd

------------------
11.53@126.7

1badeightyeight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1badeightyeightSend a Private Message to 1badeightyeightDirect Link to This Post
HAHHAHAH whoa! everybody hit the brakes! I ONLY even made an account here to sell this motor! First post ever! My appolgies for posting on two pages i first put it here because i didnt look around long enough to see that the mall was there. As soon as i saw the gentleman comment about posting in the mall might be a better option, I copied and pasted the post there! YES Im real YES the motor is real! haha as for brand new.. well no i didn't chisel the block outta a peice of iron myself yesterday, but every part in the motor is NEW, it runs flawless turn key fires on first crank. Yes i have probably too much money into it and your right i could have made alot more power for the money but it was just an expensive life lesson. Nothing fishy here gentlemen i simply was putting what i have out there, the ones who are interested great i look forward to hearin from ya, if not i promise it doesnt hurt my feelings any! figured there was no better place to advertise a FIERO engine than a FIERO FORUM so i gave it a shot! Didnt mean to start a little pissing contest with anyone i assure you!
1badeightyeight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1badeightyeightSend a Private Message to 1badeightyeightDirect Link to This Post

1badeightyeight

5 posts
Member since Oct 2011
If someone does wanna help me out tell me how to post pictures on this bad boy! thanks
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
imageshack.us

Doesn't get much easier than that
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

I met a local guy yesterday at Seekonk Speedway who has a 2.8 NA putting down 325hp to the wheels. His build is somewhere on v6z24.com... I guess he's running 12:1 with heads machined to use 2.02" intake valves. Shifts at 7300 rpm...

What intake setup is he using along with what trans?
D3M6B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D3M6BSend a Private Message to D3M6BDirect Link to This Post

I wasn't asking you any questions, unless you have considered paying for this package. I asked some legitimate questions that were on topic. I could have started a new thread but didn't think it was necessary. You are the one derailing this thread. It sounds like you are obssesed with me and a few other on here.

PM'd

Hey Justin. I was told by another member thay your 3800 has a manual as apposed to the typical auto. How much additional work did it take to make the manual compadible(clutch work if any,ect,ect). Also i can see by your 1/4 time your not lacking by that much but how much playing and tinkering did it take you to figure out how the engine wanted to be treated and shiftes?

------------------
V/R
AG2(AW/SW) Mauk

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post

Hey Justin. I was told by another member thay your 3800 has a manual as apposed to the typical auto. How much additional work did it take to make the manual compadible(clutch work if any,ect,ect). Also i can see by your 1/4 time your not lacking by that much but how much playing and tinkering did it take you to figure out how the engine wanted to be treated and shiftes?

Machined flywheel, stage 5 clutch.
I have broken a few transmission. I've learned that I can't shock load it from a stop. An automatic would give me a quicker 1/4 mile time. With this much power shifting gets annoying.
Some more info in my sig under "turbo"

------------------
11.53@126.7

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

You actually have to still drive you cars to make them 'bite the dust"....So I think you will be good for a long time....Sure was hoping to see you at the Ruckus....

Touché on the Ruckus... I wanted to come but I've got a full calendar right now.

But as for the 2.8 powered car I drove it all summer until the a/c went out. Now I'm waiting for cooler weather or until I can get around to recharging the a/c. The ole L44 is starting to have difficulty keeping the oil on the inside so it's probable that it won't last forever. I would love to have a 3.4 pushrod built up to look like an L44, not for power obviously but to last for another 25 years or so of driving.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock