Started on: 09-16-2011 10:21 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Pete Matos on 09-17-2011 11:05 AM
TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
I'll come back and explain what happened later when I'm feeling up to it.

I got into an accident. Fiero vs. Corolla. Kinda an indirect T-bone in heavy traffic, I couldn't see him and he didn't see me until it was too late. The accident was the fault of both drivers and no citations were issued. He was speeding and I failed to yield. Everyone is fine. Corolla is totaled. Full story later.

Pics.

Obviously the frame is damaged pretty bad, the headlight harness that runs across the front of the car was cut in half. There are some electrical bugs. The car still drives straight, steers and stops, but the frame damage is a little heartbreaking.

------------------
(TRSX) The Zombiero - "Thrice resurrected"
1985 GT, 4 Speed Muncie, 3.4PR V6, 15" Lace GT wheels, Power everything, sunroof, Red with gray effects. Driven and enjoyed daily.

Fiero GT- 2 seater, mid engine, rear wheel drive, H.O. V6, manual rack and pinion steering, fully independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, no ABS, no traction control, no speed limiter, available T-Tops. So, outdated econo-box or classic sports car? You decide.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Don't fear Devin. When I got my fiero umpteen years ago it looked just like that It can be fixed! I have a handy tool for it too, though it's up by Robs. We can get her fixed!
Y_B_A_FOOL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Y_B_A_FOOLSend a Private Message to Y_B_A_FOOLDirect Link to This Post
Ouch! Hope you save her!
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Looks like nothing to worry about i see the fiero makinga quick recovery. Tboned corolla is toast i would say with out seeing it.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
I can fix it, first thing we should see if we can find is the front left corner off someones part out fiero ill just replace the frame rail and headlight bucket area and front crashbar.
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Its not that bad!!!! The Fiero faired better. They are tough cars. Keep us posted. GOOD LUCK FIERO brother!!!!!!!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Ouch, sorry to see this. It doesn't look horrible though, I'm sure you'll be able to straighten the frame as much as possible, and it should be good enough.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words guys. More later.

------------------
(TRSX) The Zombiero - "Thrice resurrected"
1985 GT, 4 Speed Muncie, 3.4PR V6, 15" Lace GT wheels, Power everything, sunroof, Red with gray effects. Driven and enjoyed daily.

Fiero GT- 2 seater, mid engine, rear wheel drive, H.O. V6, manual rack and pinion steering, fully independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, no ABS, no traction control, no speed limiter, available T-Tops. So, outdated econo-box or classic sports car? You decide.

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Damn I'm sorry to see that, best wishes getting it fixed up asap.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Easy fix. Weekend project and you're done. I really want to see the Toyota.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
Yeah it's fixable, but chances are if it's a insurance claim they will total it.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Very sorry to see that happen to you. Good thing is everyone is Ok.

This looks a lot worse to you at first glance I am sure, and it's tough to see this happen to your car! But, I doubt the actual main frame is bent. It looks more like the superficial steel around the front fender corner and headlight bucket area. It is definitely repairable, and a fairly small job compared to most collision repair.

As for insurance, if you do file a claim, and they want to total it, sometimes you can work out a deal with them. I did this many years ago when I got into an accident. I worked it out, where they totaled it, gave me the money, and I paid them back out of that money, and bought the car back from the insurance company. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I came out ahead with a little cash, and kept the car. They will usually charge you the cost of what they would get for it totaled out at a scrap yard to purchase it back from them, around $400 to $500 dollars. A little incentive to tell them, if they let you buy it back, is they will not have to pay to have the car towed to the scrap yard, thus actually saving them money. I am sure not all insurance companies do this, but it is worth a shot.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Good thing you weren't driving the Camaro. That is totally fixable. Fieros are built like battleships, and absorb energy very well. There are lots of these cars running around with new corners welded on after mishaps like that. I had an 85 GT for parts that a kid ran into a pole at 45 mph. Pushed the front left corner back to the wheel well and didn't even distort the front trunk area. The windshield wasn't even cracked. That's why the Toyota was killed and the Fiero was just bruised. Good luck with the repairs.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
Quick question before I go to bed and forget this whole mess for a few hours.

Is there any commonality between the driver side headlight motor and driver side turn signal? Because neither work and the wiring seems fine. Is there a common relay for the two?

Again, thanks for the replies everyone, it's good to hear some optimism because frankly I'm running low.
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

Quick question before I go to bed and forget this whole mess for a few hours.

Is there any commonality between the driver side headlight motor and driver side turn signal? Because neither work and the wiring seems fine. Is there a common relay for the two?

Again, thanks for the replies everyone, it's good to hear some optimism because frankly I'm running low.

You probably just dorked up the grounds in the front corner there ,nothing to get woried about. Like the other have said find yourself a parts car, sawzall the good corner off and have a body shop or weld shop splice it in if you can't weld it yourself. The body parts are easy you just need to get them. You might have to bite the bullet with the insurance company. They more than likely will total it. You don't have to file a claim, just fix it yourself!

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey devin I just took a peak out at the stash and I have everything to fix it I think tommy may have a lead on the frame bits.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Never fear, it SHOULD not be too bad of a repair, as long as the rest of the frame is still in tolerance. My daughter and I fixed damage on her '84 in one day, and was not terribly difficult. We just cut the damaged corner off her car, and cut the corner off a parts car, then welded it in, sealed it, and painted it.

Before:

During:

After:

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Eh, it'll buff right out. I'm surprised noone's said that yet

Hmm... Wish I had pictures of the subframe on my Fiero... None of the body panels fit right because of severe damage to the frame and an almost complete lack of a subframe... That's definitely fixable.
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Eh, it'll buff right out. I'm surprised noone's said that yet.

uh just read this thread and was thinking the same thing. As i was getting ready to type it I saw your post. lol

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Sorry this happened, glad you're ok and will be able to fix your car.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
My sympathies friend, you have no semblance of luck at all it seems. First your fiero crazed girlfriend steals your Fiero while you sleep and now this! haha seriously tho that looks fixable and you can now go with a cool paint job if you want. I would definitely try to fix that myself I think. Good luck with it... peace

Pete
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock