Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  3.1 swap with a distributor and its intake?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

3.1 swap with a distributor and its intake? by Y_B_A_FOOL
Started on: 09-03-2011 11:59 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: ManMadeChickens on 09-05-2011 03:43 AM
Y_B_A_FOOL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Y_B_A_FOOLSend a Private Message to Y_B_A_FOOLDirect Link to This Post
I came acrost this picture.

The owner was changing the computer and adding a turbo. But can you just drop in a distributor, rotate the intake, and run the aluminum heads like that? Cause it seems like it would work in theory. The only problem I would find is that the intake and heads might flow too much air, making it run ruff. But you never know. Thought would bring it up and I used that PIP program. Made this really easy
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ManMadeChickens

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post
I don't think there's any way you can flow "too much air" into an engine, so long as it is metered correctly.

This is kind of an interesting setup... I have one of those engines complete on a pallet, looking for a home.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
genII's aint really that much of an upgrade, if your gona do an swap, might as well go 7730 w/ DIS and get a 3400, just my opinion.
Y_B_A_FOOL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Y_B_A_FOOLSend a Private Message to Y_B_A_FOOLDirect Link to This Post
I would love a 3400, but I thought it was interesting that the distributor would fit when the intake is flipped. If it works with the Fiero computer it would be an interesting upgrade, it is all aluminum. But I don't think it has a roller cam like the genII motors :/
ManMadeChickens

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post
It's not a roller cam. They are almost identical to a Fiero motor, with exception to the aluminum construction.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock