2.8 dyno before and after by La fiera
Started on: 08-28-2011 06:12 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: La fiera on 08-30-2011 11:34 AM
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post
So what did you do to it?
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
.040 over, custom cam, custom intake, custom headers, custom heads and custom chip.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
That is fantastic out of a 2.8. It was very healthy to begin with at 120rwhp. Gaining 45hp on top is just awesome. It shows it can breathe now. Now put a 3.4 and have more fun
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
Thanks alex! The 3.4 short block will be the last upgrade. I already have the cam made for it. The stock 2.8 on that dyno sheet had a big bore TB and 1.6 rockers.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
What's almost as impressive is that those numbers are run on a Mustang dyno.
Those are reputed to be more "stingy" than DynoJets.

Good show, indeed!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-28-2011).]

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by La fiera:

.040 over, custom cam, custom intake, custom headers, custom heads and custom chip.

Better descriptions than this?

Outstanding results.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Better descriptions than this?

Outstanding results.

Thank you guys.You can see the entire build here.

http://www.cardomain.com/ri...4/1985-pontiac-fiero

This intake is going in now and will re-test again.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/...d=33549&d=1314582819

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 08-29-2011).]

87convert

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertDirect Link to This Post
The stock 2.8 is close to the same dyno numbers I got from mine when I re-built it. I used the 1.6 roller rockers from Magnusun, advanced the cam with a roller chain kit, port matched all of the intake path, ported the exhaust manifolds and used a big bore throttle body. I don't have the car any more but it was really strong. I think it dyno'ed at 120 at the wheels after break in. Took a few trips to the dyno and tuned chips to get that.......

Rolland
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefDirect Link to This Post
I had to take a second look at those headers. You did a nice job modifying them. Your dyno turned out pretty good too. Have you ever thought about putting you TB on the top or turning it towards the front of the car to catch the over the roof air ?

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lilchief:

I had to take a second look at those headers. You did a nice job modifying them. Your dyno turned out pretty good too. Have you ever thought about putting you TB on the top or turning it towards the front of the car to catch the over the roof air ?

Yes, they came out very nice $600 later to modify them, but it was worth it. They are very strong and I also added a bracket tied to the trans bolts that holds the headers and Y pipe. The rest of the exhaust is attached to the head and the block. If the motor shifts, the entire exhaust system shifts with it. No part of the exhaust is attached to the chassis, I want them to last me a long time and to do that I eliminated all flexibility.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock