Started on: 07-23-2011 05:36 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: Mrs. Mad Mark on 07-30-2011 07:46 PM
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
It all started Friday night at the Jackson Michigan cruse. The weather started off a little rough around 4PM with a
down pour of rain, but by 5 the sun was back out and the cars started showing up. We had 18 Fiero, here are some pics.

[This message has been edited by J Gunsett (edited 11-10-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
Road rally was on Saturday, it was to Hell (Michigan) and back. All had a good time driving the back twisted roads
of Michigan. It started off with breakfast at Bob Evans and then off for the road rally. Was 87 miles of road and
took just under 3 hours. We had a BBQ at Bob Holtz with awards for handed out for the rally winners and door
prizes to all that participated.

ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Some more photos ---
http://www.facebook.com/med...240.841320402&type=1
http://www.facebook.com/med...235.841320402&type=1

[This message has been edited by ARKaiser (edited 07-24-2011).]

IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
What are you doing in Michigan Frank?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Everyday is a Saturday.
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
I am speaking for Frank (he is sitting next to me here in Michigan). Good show, down right excellent road rally
and motoring around Michigan International Speedway at over 100 MPHs. Hey Archie, I am sending Frank your way,
take good care of him.

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Nice turnout. Looks like alot of fun.
Have a Great Day
Gary
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

What are you doing in Michigan Frank?

I was wondering that too...but then thought "Would I rather be in the Florida heat, or hanging out with Capital City Fieros?"
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by J Gunsett:

I am speaking for Frank (he is sitting next to me here in Michigan). Good show, down right excellent road rally
and motoring around Michigan International Speedway at over 100 MPHs. Hey Archie, I am sending Frank your way,
take good care of him.

Hey Archie, chop the dragon and throw a widebody kit on that sucker while you got Frank there ! hehehe
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
Deleted post

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
Nice pics everyone (well except for the goofy-looking bald guy next to the silver/white Formula!).

Kudos to Bob Holtz for all the effort to make this an exceptionally enjoyable weekend. The "Road Rally to Hell and Back" was a great drive on some really pretty and winding roads that were fun even at the legal speed limit. And the cookout food was yummy.

Even though the forecast for the weekend weather was ominous, the weather was durn near perfect for the scheduled events - it only rained hard Saturday for just a little bit - but it was during Happy Hour!

Many thanks also to those who came to visit from out of state, we were all so happy you came to play with us and hope you come back next year and bring your friends.

And ..............The MIS event may have a pretty neat Fiero-friendly "twist" to it next year!
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Bob and to OleJoeDad for the great planning for this event. It was awesome. Both Carol and I had a great time during all three days. The car show on Friday was fun and just a little too hot for me and maybe for Frank. The road rally was great and I hope Pete had a good time riding with me. On Sunday we got a chance again to take a run around the MIS track and get a little legal speed on. We were a little tighter together this year so I did not push it as hard on the back stretch, but still got to extend the MPH barrier a little. I didn't want to do anything crazy and get us in trouble with the officials, so I kept my gas pedal foot loose instead of completely pushed to the floor board. One thing I did notice is that since last year I changed my final drive ratio from 2.93:1 to 3.29:1 and it really makes a difference in how fast the speed climbs over 100 mph.

For those of you that missed this opportunity this year, plan on coming next year. It will be something fun again.
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
After dinner on Saturday the gang when over to Cascades Falls. Enjoyed good ice cream
and then watched the lights on the man made falls in Jackson.

J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post

J Gunsett

1359 posts
Member since Apr 2003
Deleted post

pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
My first time at this event. I drove 11 hours to get here and it was well worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was Fiero less do too oil leak but everyone made me feel right at home. Rob did a AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cant ask for better people then the Capital City gang. The rally was PERFECT and even got to visit Hell Mich. Thanks Mark for letting me ride with you sat. and Rob for the chance to drive on the speedway. Overall top notch AAAA+++++ event!!!!!!!! If you dont make it there next year you will miss out on a true Fiero event.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Pete, I hope to make it to one of your runs in PA. I know I will have fun since you enjoy winding twisting roads. Hope to see you and your friends in PA soon.
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
Deleted post

pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Captain Dean is puzzled why his old valve stem took a dump.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post

pete 2m4

867 posts
Member since May 2009
So on monday I went to Grosse Point Mich. and got to meet an actress that I have to wanted to meet since 1984.Stopped at the Spa she works at. She was in a few B movies did alot of print photos and commercials. We had become friends via Facebook and after 26 years made a dream come true. So this weekend was a win win all around,Thanks so much Capital City Fieros for an incredible visit to Michigan!!!!!!!!!
Photo of her back in the mid 80s
And how she looks now
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Damn Pete. Now I see why you went to Grosse Point.

PM me your email address I'll forward some pictures from the weekend. Maybe we will see you at Watkins Glen next year!

We had a great time. Many thanks to Bob Holtz and the group for their hospitality. We are looking forward to next years track event!

Kevin
PFF
System Bot
Mrs. Mad Mark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mrs. Mad MarkSend a Private Message to Mrs. Mad MarkDirect Link to This Post
The entire weekend was a blast. I enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new friends. This Fiero Club has organized some great events and I am looking forward to participating now as an actual Fiero "owner" instead of "riding along." Riding along is great fun with my hubby too though. Thought I'd better add that!

I am looking forward to more fun with Capitol City Fiero Club!!!!! Keep up the great organizing Mr. Holtz.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock