Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Take a bow, exit stage left, and close the curtains....

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Take a bow, exit stage left, and close the curtains.... by fieroguy123
Started on: 07-18-2011 08:33 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: mattwa on 07-24-2011 02:14 PM
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, I've come to realize the effect that my Fiero addiction has had on my family over the past 13 years, both emotionally and financially.
I bought my first Fiero for $75 when I was 14 years old and the parts list has been on the refrigerator ever since, sometimes getting shorter, but mostly longer.
Well, its time for the list to come down and for me to put the wife and kids first like a responsible adult should do.
Its been a pleasure but I've reached the end of my road and began to get my priorities in order.
I'll continue to pray for you ALL and for the success of many Fiero adventures to come.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you all.

-Bobby Hooper

------------------
"Tyler is the reason, the car is just the excuse."

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
You'll be back... when the kids are grown and the wife is relaxed, you'll pop in - if only just to say "hi, all."

Good luck, Bobby.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 07-18-2011).]

Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Dude, good luck with the future. We're still cross town neighbors so don't be a stranger.
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
So what you have for sale?
Lol
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnk:

So what you have for sale?
Lol

Spoken like a true fiero owner cause our parts list on our fridge needs to get shorter. Lol.
shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
Addicts usually have a stash of fun stuff to be sold lol
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Well Bobby, I hope this doesn't mean you won't stay in touch. We have more in common than just the Fiero.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Keep in touch Bobby! You'll be missed.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
All in moderation dude.

See you at the Tyler Shipman memorial carshow 2012 I hope.
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post
It will go fast.

The kids grow up quick (too quick, if you ask me) and leave to live their own lives (it's amazing how fast 18-20 years can go).

Before long the wife will be bored with the same old conversations and activities and will be looking for some excitement. That is when you go out to the corner of the garage where that old car is sitting with the cover on it buried in dust. Pull that cover off and enjoy the car as much as you can before the grandchildren start showing up.

From an empty-nester, waiting for the first grandchild, due any day.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
Monterey, California

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
well... so much for that idea. At least you went out with a BANG!

(for those of you who missed it.)

I'm sure next year I'll be back over there with another project idea and funding. Who can say no to a funded project?

Although i do understand where your coming from and what is going through your head. I almost sold my car recently too. Was almost ready to pack it up and move on. Then i thought about it. "Just because of my bills doesn't mean i can't do what i love to do. I can go slow and get little things. Take my sweet a** time building my car." So... that's what i intend to do. $20 here and $20 there a month later is not going to break the bank and it also wont allow me to spend too much time away from the family. The fiero addiction is ok in moderation, but devastating to a family in excess. As any addiction can be.

Godspeed Bobby. I'm sure we'll keep in touch.
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Best wishes! I am sure you have come to your decision with much consideration. No reason you couldn't get back in someday down the road, should the itch strike you!

FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JDirect Link to This Post
Jim,

As far as the kids.....THEY'LL BE BAAACKKK, just like Arnold!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jim_Martin29:

It will go fast.

The kids grow up quick (too quick, if you ask me) and leave to live their own lives (it's amazing how fast 18-20 years can go).

Before long the wife will be bored with the same old conversations and activities and will be looking for some excitement. That is when you go out to the corner of the garage where that old car is sitting with the cover on it buried in dust. Pull that cover off and enjoy the car as much as you can before the grandchildren start showing up.

From an empty-nester, waiting for the first grandchild, due any day.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-21-2011 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I have never dealt with you personally, but from what I follow here in this forum, you are a stand up guy. Why leave? We need more like you, not less. Owning a Fiero is not really a requirement to visit here.

Tony
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I have never dealt with you personally, but from what I follow here in this forum, you are a stand up guy. Why leave? We need more like you, not less. Owning a Fiero is not really a requirement to visit here.

Tony

I'll be sure to stop in from time to time. There's a lot of people on here that I have a lot of respect for and enjoy talking to.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Life is a balancing act and sometimes it takes a step back to get your balance. Take your time, you'll get it right again.
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
I understand where you're coming from.. With 2 young ones, and bills flowing from the nether regions, I'm on year 2 of my build, and I'm strangely ok with that.

I'd rather have my family than have my car done tomorrow.

Once the kids are older, we'll see ya back..

------------------

Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Family first!

Hope you get back soon! In the mean time, keep the car in the garage.

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
So.... Get another fiero yet?
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

So.... Get another fiero yet?

LMAO!!!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I was surprised to read this to be honest! As much as you have been involved with the Fiero community and all. At the same time it is 100% understandable, priorities.

I hope you have thought about making it to the Tyler Memorial Car show this weekend. You ca tell yourself it is not Fiero related, just think of it as meeting up with a bunch of friends.
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Wow, I was surprised to read this to be honest! As much as you have been involved with the Fiero community and all. At the same time it is 100% understandable, priorities.

I hope you have thought about making it to the Tyler Memorial Car show this weekend. You ca tell yourself it is not Fiero related, just think of it as meeting up with a bunch of friends.

Exactly, you can even bring the whole family if it so makes it worth the effort!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock