Steering wheel recover by RumbleB
Started on: 07-08-2011 06:42 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: RumbleB on 07-13-2011 07:03 AM
RumbleB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know of a place or know someone that can recover a steering wheel?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RumbleB:

Anyone know of a place or know someone that can recover a steering wheel?

There is a business from Texas on #bay that does them for Fieros. Very nice work but a little pricy.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
If you are talking GT style, the Fiero Store has new steering wheels for between $99 and $109. Just depends on what color you want.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Try this guy and see what he says. Pennocks name is 440Man and the e-mail address was lbo730 at bvunet.net. He was doing them at one time but I have no idea if he is still around.

Nelson
FieroScott

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroScottSend a Private Message to FieroScottDirect Link to This Post
There called Dallas Custom Steering Wheel.

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/

I had 2 GT steering wheels and manual shift knobs done there (1 set Beechwood, 1 set Grey), Don does excellent work, and if you have any issues he will fix it.

------------------
88 Red GT 5sp T-Top CJB #1139
88 Yellow Formula 5sp
87 Black GT 5sp
87 Med. Red SE Auto T-Top
86 Black GT 4sp T-Top (Black Knight)

RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! I will look into these places. The wheel that I have, is the one with the horn paddles. I have modified it. So just buying a replacement is not going to work for me.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
Like Rick 88, I remembered there being a place in Texas that enjoyed an excellent reputation for their high quality work in recovering steering wheels, but I also didn't remember its name, so thanks for posting it, and their link, FieroScott:

Originally posted by FieroScott:
There called Dallas Custom Steering Wheel.

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/

I had 2 GT steering wheels and manual shift knobs done there (1 set Beechwood, 1 set Grey), Don does excellent work, and if you have any issues he will fix it.

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Anybody who has used these guys in Dallas, did you have trouble reaching them?
I have been trying to call all morning.
I guess it`s possible the guy works out of his house or something, but I thought it was a business.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Anybody who has used these guys in Dallas, did you have trouble reaching them?
I have been trying to call all morning.
I guess it`s possible the guy works out of his house or something, but I thought it was a business.

Dang I was just in Austin last Wed.! I should have said "Hey" while I was there!

The easiest way to contact Don is via email as here rarely answers his phone due to the machine noise. I have done business with him for years and his work is absolutely amazing.

\/\/

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Will
Yea, you should have let us know.
I`m sure at least a couple of us from the Bat City Fiero club would have met up.
Mike
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Thanks, Will
Yea, you should have let us know.
I`m sure at least a couple of us from the Bat City Fiero club would have met up.
Mike

Mike,

I will be back in Austin doing a Photoshop workshop on Sept 27th. Let's plan on it!

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good.
Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mike, if you do get in touch with this guy who recovers steering wheels, can you find out what kind of pricing scale he's got. I've got an '88 GT wheel that could use a recovering in the standard GT gray leather.

Will, if you already know, please chip in here or send me a PM.

Robert
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Will do.
I got a message when I sent an e-mail yesterday, that they would be back from vacation today, so unless he is super busy I should hear from him.
Mike
RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBDirect Link to This Post
Yes. I would like to know pricing as well. Nice website, but kind of no clue on pricing.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Don at Dallas Custom Steering Wheel made my GT wheel an extra 1/4" in diameter as I like a fatter grip wheel. Side by sides with the new "factory wheel" and the stock "factory wheel". BTW, don't forget to mention your Fiero Club membership discount (10%)

Here is the thickness compared (sorry for the poor image but I had to use my phone as my cameras were all packed away)

Do they do killer work or what? With the discount I think I paid $235 or so and worth every penny. SofaKing did the exact same wheel as well.

\/\/

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
That looks great.
I want to get mine two different colors as the Porsche Cayene that they show on their site.
Mike
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Hey mike maybe he can give ya some help in the attaching the vinyl.

Bat City Fieros welcomes ALL out-of-towners
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
That is really nice work! I'd like to get my beechwood wheel done the same way.
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post
My 2nd quote to get another wheel wrapped from DSW, went up $50 and the extra padding price doubled which I thought was excessive.
RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I'm sold. That steering wheel looks amazing. That extra 1/4" makes it look more modern look.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock