Fiero Horn Button by jconnor34
Started on: 07-08-2011 12:52 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: jconnor34 on 07-10-2011 09:03 AM
jconnor34

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jconnor34Send a Private Message to jconnor34Direct Link to This Post
Have a Grant GT steering wheel and happy with it EXCEPT it has the Grant logo inset on horn button and would like to switch out to a Fiero logo either using original button or substitute button. Anyone done this or have ideas for separating Grant button without destroying it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Rodney Dickman sells some epoxy covered Fiero stickers that I think might fit. I used them to dress up some after market center caps on my wheels and many people think they are original. I don't know if he lists them on his site so you might need to email him if you don't see them.

------------------

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
This is from another thread. you can PM Alex to get an idea but he used the Grant wheel with the stock hub and used the stock horn button on the Grant wheel:

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

All you needed to do was to re-drill the Grant 5 holes and bolt/rivet all back including the stock horn plate. That way you could have the stock look with the new wheel and have no gaps. You can see mine below (done by a good friend for me :-D ). Also Grant sells a 1" adapter that is (IMHO) the only way to go for a Grant in a Fiero. Otherwise the 3" adapter pushes it too far forward.

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT

10252 posts
Member since Aug 2007
Also Tony Kania on here did this with his Grant wheel. I believe he took the stock Fiero logo, trimmed it down and replaced the stock "Grant" logo:

jconnor34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jconnor34Send a Private Message to jconnor34Direct Link to This Post
My horn button seems to be size as shown on Kania's wheel and not the type shown on Alex's. Wondering where or how they came up with that Fiero insert? I want something that's embeded in button and not just pasted on.

Thanks for the feedback.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jconnor34:

My horn button seems to be size as shown on Kania's wheel and not the type shown on Alex's. Wondering where or how they came up with that Fiero insert? I want something that's embeded in button and not just pasted on.

Thanks for the feedback.

Here is his thread:

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

As some of you may know, Dogcreek is getting a LS4 transplanted into his ride. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080357.html While helping him and FieroKing work on his car a few weeks ago, I asked Dogcreek what his plans were with his old Grant steering wheel? He says to me, "It's yours!" So, after saying no several times, but meaning yes everytime, I take posession of this...

He had painted over the Grant emblem in the center. (Can't say that I blame him. ) I got to looking at the GT emblem in our stocker GT wheels, and decided to try out my artistic side. ...

I used the center button of the Grant emblem as the beginning to my end. The GT emblem pops right out of the horn button on the stock wheel. I traced the shape of the GT emblem, then layed it over the Grant button. With an Exacto blade, I outlined the shape of the stock emblem onto the button. Then I carved out the design to fit the stock emblem. This is what I came up with...

After a little semi-flat paint...

The surrounding plastic was painted also. In the last pic, it looks as if there is almost texture in the paint. Well, there is. I touched the semi wet paint! But, not all is lost. The rest of that story is best left to another thread.

Completed...

Once again, thanks Dogcreek! The steering wheel feels a lot better suited to my driving habits.

jconnor34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jconnor34Send a Private Message to jconnor34Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the thread "IMSA". Of course mine is not a GT but it's something to think about if I can find appropriate sized Fiero badge.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock