looking for 3.4 DOHC exhaust sound clips by engine man
Started on: 07-05-2011 05:33 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: engine man on 09-01-2011 06:59 PM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
trying to find a muffler for the 3.4 dohc that sounds good so lets hear what you have and do the exhaust tips make it sound any different n FART cans pleas thanks for the help
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
This is a cheap MP3 player taped to the rear license plate on mine. Just a two minute drive around the neighborhood, maybe 3200 rpm tops. Two stock front Lumina exhaust manifolds with a cat in the stock location. 2.5" from the manifolds to the cat, 2.25" back to the Spintek muffler.

http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotli...ma8331wz/vorc001.mp3

The exhaust tips are Magnaflows:

The sound volume is a bit high for me. I bought a set of Corvette resonator tips for the car, but I don't know if it's going to make any difference.

[This message has been edited by sspeedstreet (edited 07-05-2011).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
thanks or the sound clip
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
There are plenty on YouTube. Just searching for 3.4 DOHC gives plenty of interesting results there.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Mine, skip to 1:02 for noise!

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
yes dobey there are but they dint tell you what muffler and resonator and if it has a cat or not and i am trying to figure out what will sound good to me on my car i would hate to buy a $150 muffler then not like how it sounds. thanks ltlfrari

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 07-06-2011).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Mine had magnaflow muffler and a cat initially, sounded like a ruddy Harley. I put a CC insert in the pipe between the cat and muffler and it was a lot more to my taste (quiet!)

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
ltlfrari that sounds about like i want but a bit louder and dual out let so i will check out magnaflow thanks. i started mine today no exhaust just need to figure out what is going on with the fuel pump relay it worked then stoped had to wire the pump up to full time power and the fuse was fine
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
2.5" through a Magnaflow cat and Spintech muffler using the OEM rear manifold outlet:

Flyby:
http://stsnyder.bol.ucla.ed...c/dohcfieroflyby.wav

Inside the car:
http://stsnyder.bol.ucla.ed.../dohcfieroinside.wav
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

Inside the car:
http://stsnyder.bol.ucla.ed.../dohcfieroinside.wav

WOW! That sounds great!
I have always wanted to hear a 3.4TDC with a yoshimira slipon exhaust as the muffler. http://www.yoshimura-rd.com...ndex.aspx?imsec=road <-- The RS3 is the muffler I am speaking of.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
I ended up with the flowtech afterburner 3 inch inlet dual 2.5 outlets fieroguru has it on his 4.3 v6 and it sounded pretty good. I drove the car over to the muffler shop and it will be done on Thursday i will try to do a video so you can hear what it sounds like
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I'd send you a copy of mine but honestly, it sounds like crap to me and is way too loud. I'm looking for a better sound that's somewhere below the ear shattering sound of a sonic boom up close. I would have said afterburner but, it appears that's actually a marketed name and I don't want to confuse the two. My exhaust was installed in Huntsville, AL by whoever Fiero Factory uses and it's a glass pack with a centered T entrance from the downpipe and exits out both ends of the glasspack. I don't recommend it.

My son and all his friends think it sounds great, I don't. Too darn loud.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-30-2011).]

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

------------------
What you just decide that I'm drunk? You can't decide that I'm drunk. I make that decision! That decision is mine and God's!

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
well i should have known that my car would not be ready today i go over to the exhaust shop and they haven't even touched the car i ask whats going on i thought today was the day it was schedule and he said yes it is but i am really backed up i sure hope he gets it done tomorrow i want to drive it this weekend . I know that yelling at them wont help and it might just get me a bad job and cost me big bucks for yelling this sure sucks

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock