Fiero Equiped Mustang by Russ88TTop
Started on: 07-04-2011 09:35 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Russ88TTop on 07-06-2011 02:51 PM
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
Really not sure if I should post here or O/T, but it is Fiero related.

I just finished the interior of a full custom Mustang and the customer gave me the freedom to do whatever I wanted.

So being a Fiero person I just had to install Fiero seats. This pic was two days before he picked the car up.
The seats are from a '85, so the speakers in the headrest are functional also.

I'll be happy to answer any questions

Russ
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
What did the guy think of the Interior with the Fiero seats?
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
Those look pretty good but they seem really low? Can you see over the dash when you're sitting in them? Maybe it's just the angle you took the side shot at though.

I like the covers those are nice.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Those look pretty good in there. Are those Mr. Mike's skins? I'm resto-modding a 53 Ford F100 and I've been trying real hard to use some Fiero parts on it from my parts car. The best I've done is a few connectors and the engine compartment blower fan for my heater box.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. Seems to be a very common swap. More Mustang pics...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
Mattwa - he thought they looked great

Steel - They actually sit at about the same height as the stock Mustang seats

Carnut - No on Mr Mike's , I did those, here is a pic of the rear seat area

Fierosound - must be because the Fiero seats are more comfortable than the stock Mustang seats

He did all the body work himself, besides the suicide doors , he hand made the T-Tops

Russ
FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JDirect Link to This Post
Suicide doors?????????
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
If you've ever sat in an older Mustang, you'd realize that Fiero seats are an upgrade.
Actually, there was one for sale locally about 10 years ago with Fiero seats...

Fiero seats are actually pretty comfortable...
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

If you've ever sat in an older Mustang, you'd realize that Fiero seats are an upgrade.
Actually, there was one for sale locally about 10 years ago with Fiero seats...

They're better than what I had in my 95 Mustang GT. Those seats were frumpy. RussT-nice job on those seats!

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 07-05-2011).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

I agree... Only my Fiero has the lumbar switches, which can be anoying on your leg...
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post
What is that, a '67 Fastback?

I love the suicide doors.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

PFF
System Bot
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigDirect Link to This Post
I think the real advantage of the fiero seats over the original mustang's would be the ability to lean them back. The mustang had an adjustable bolt stop with no multi position ratchet lever. That and the head rest for whiplash protection... ok, and the speakers...more comfort too.

The side view mirrors over the quarter windows would make one hellof a blind spot... I'd be hitting pedestrians all day.
Do you have any full car pics with the door closed so I could pass better judgement on design?
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigDirect Link to This Post

Reallybig

974 posts
Member since Mar 2011
Definitely a 67 or 68 mustang. Hard to tell which year for sure given the # or mods. Biggest difference would be side quarter panel and side fender marker lights. 67 didn't have them, 68 they were required by law.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't have head rests myself in a 60s mustang i used to have a e30 bmw and it looked so much better without headrests more retro.
These seats do work ok.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
I have seen Fiero seats in more than a few cars.
They are great alternatives to the more expensive aftermarket seats
that guys want to install in their hot rod projects. (i.e Recaro's)

There is even a guy where I live who has Fiero seats in his Plymouth RoadRunner.
I always mention that whenever I see him at a car show.

Kit
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
It's a '68, rear fenders from a '05, 460ci CJ and lots of HP. The mirrors house the switch to open the doors, here is the side pic,
The silver metallic is from a Dodge Challenger Wheel rim and the Dark Blue Metallic is a Mercedes Color

I'll take more pics when I get to his garage next week and post them on my website along with other pics of the completed car
Here are couple of pics of the trunk

Russ

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock