Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  1984 4 speed slave cylinders, looking to make aluminum replacements.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

1984 4 speed slave cylinders, looking to make aluminum replacements. by Rodney
Started on: 07-02-2011 08:54 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Foxy Fiero13 on 07-02-2011 01:55 PM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
I have been looking at the 84 4 speed slave cylinders. One guy asked if I could make a bracket to adapt my 85-88 Isuzu/ V-6 4 speed aluminum slave to bolt on to the 84 4 speed steel bracket. I have been looking at that. The bore ID is the same. The inside length is slightly shorter but it looks like it would work. Making this adapter bracket is not easy. I'm sure I could do it. So I wonder (considering the high cost to make the tooling) if there is enough demand for these 84 4 speed slaves and should I have them made? They would again be aluminum like my other slaves. I'm guessing the aftermarket cast iron slaves are poor quality. I have been considering this for some time now. I'm wondering if there is enough demand to make this worthwhile. How many here have 84 4 speed transmissions?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Direct Link to This Post
I have the 84 4:10 tranny. I just ordered your rebuild kit for my original slave. About 12 years ago I had a new clutch put in and the shop recommended a new slave. so I got a aftermarket slave which was bad right out of the box. I put the original slave back on and drove it until this year without a problem. Last month I had to change it so I got a cast aftermarket slave made by AC Delco, which is working good so far, so I'm 50/50 for the cast slaves. Given that the aluminum slave was on the car when I bought it with 192,000 miles on it, and lasted until 226,000 miles I'd buy yours in a heart beat.
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
i got a 4:10 one in the garage dont plan on using it tho so who ever buys it will need one

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock