Started on: 06-28-2011 10:35 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: FriendOfYours on 06-29-2011 10:35 PM
FriendOfYours

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
I know they are highly sought after and I just happened to pick one up dirt cheap

I can cast and machine essentially anything given enough time and thought I'd see if there is enough interest to make it worthwhile

What do you all think?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
There is more required to do this swap than just the intake and bridge. You also need the throttle body, fuel rail, among other parts that I am forgetting (because I haven't done one of these swaps). I suspect that there won't be much market for the intake because when someone sources the other parts needed, they will likely find an original intake with them.
arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Click Here to Email arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
Depending on if you can offer a kit or not. Or at least possible sources for an injector rail & throttle body.

I want the allante intake or some sort of intake upgrade, I just cannot find a complete one.

------------------
-Kyle
Email: kakagiraffe@gmail.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1988 Notchback 4.9 V8, 5spd Isuzu, Spec Stage 4
True Dual Exhaust, Delta Cam (212,000 Miles)
1992 Honda Accord LX (220,000 Miles) 5spd

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
There would probably be more interest in a new cast intake design that looked and flowed better that could be used on all 4.9's vs. limiting it to the allante which required many allante specific parts.
Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoClick Here to Email KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
You need, Upper Intake, Lower Intake, Throttle body, Valve Covers (preferred) T-stat housing, Injectors, Fuel rail, Wiring, Water Outlet tube, and several other brackets and connections. It is not just a Manifold Swap.

------------------

88 Formula CJB Arrived Finally. #689 of 1252
Time to start Working TONY!
There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to Email fourpoint9Send a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
I have an entire 4.1 Allante motor. (it's not the 4.5) I know it's possible to use the intake on a 4.9 with machine work to the lower manifold.
Never got around to it. Maybe someday.

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 06-29-2011).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

There would probably be more interest in a new cast intake design that looked and flowed better that could be used on all 4.9's...

I'm with Paul. The Allante Intake SwapTM is a pain in the ass. There is a lot of stuff changed between the two that makes it a lot more trouble than it needs to be.
I almost think that the entire center top section could be removed from the stock 4.9 manifold and new runners or at least a base fabricated/welded in.
Personally, I'd like to see a swap that used a single stage "normal" throttle body, like a 3800 or even a TPI piece.
Of course, that gets away from the Caddy ISC motor, but that's not entirely a bad thing.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-29-2011).]

FriendOfYours

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
I know there is more. I pulled it myself and already have one I modified to fit under the bonnet on my 4.9l powered MGB. I would be able to offer a complete kit with the casting modified for TPI throttle body, a custom fuel rail, and plenty of gm thermostat housings will fit.

The 4.1 intake can be used, the water jacket is just a little too big and you have to either pack rtv around it or weld up the hole a bit

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock