Other 80's Coupes by FieroGtBandit
Started on: 06-28-2011 08:53 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: Reallybig on 07-01-2011 03:10 AM
FieroGtBandit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGtBanditSend a Private Message to FieroGtBanditDirect Link to This Post
I Know Theres Been A Thread Like This, But This One Is More Specific. If You Couldnt Have A Fiero, What Other 80's Coupe Would You Have? (Excluding The MR2)

Besides The Fiero, Im A Huge Dodge Boy, So Probably I'd Have A '84-'86 Daytona Or A Shelby Charger.

Or Maybe A Mustang 5.0

------------------
RIP Pontiac. Building Excitment Till The End. 1926-2009

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Chrysler Conquest TSI

fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyDirect Link to This Post
I'd probably go with one of those Delorians..I know they were low on performanmce, but I like the idae of the car, and it does look real cool.
Theres another car ( of the 80's ) that almost everybody has forgotten . Ford put out a two seater, front wheel drive car called the EXP. This car has pretty much dissapeared from ther face of the earth. I happen to have one. I bought it to 'goof' ' on people, and you wouldn't believe what kind of interesting comments I get about tis car. Because of this, I plan on fixing it up.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

I'd probably go with one of those Delorians..I know they were low on performanmce, but I like the idae of the car, and it does look real cool.
Theres another car ( of the 80's ) that almost everybody has forgotten . Ford put out a two seater, front wheel drive car called the EXP. This car has pretty much dissapeared from ther face of the earth. I happen to have one. I bought it to 'goof' ' on people, and you wouldn't believe what kind of interesting comments I get about tis car. Because of this, I plan on fixing it up.

The Mercury variant (LN7) was cool too. I always dug those.....

On my short list from the 80's

Buick Grand National
87-90 Trans Am GTA
83-84 Turbo T-Bird
Camaro IROC (unmodified)
Monte Carlo SS
Beretta GTZ
Yugo GV (just seeing if everyone is awake LOL)

OH...almost forgot .....Porsche 928

[This message has been edited by Frizlefrak (edited 06-28-2011).]

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
I used to have a friend who had a modded Volkswagen Rabbit GTI. IT was all black on black and had those nice recaro seats and that neat rear wing. Also had black BBS wheels and lo pro tires. His father and he had a lot of work done to it and it was lowered and smoked out windows. That had to be the coolest rabbit on earth... If I could find one exactly like that I would be all over it. It was also really fun to drive..... He had a nice system in it with four ten inch subs and alpine stereo and stuff. Really cool car...

Of course my second favorite is the 5.0's. I have owned four of them including one Mercury Capri RS 5.0 Tee top model. My wife used to drive the damn tires off that one and all my friends would tell me what a nut she was behind the wheel. I had an 88 LX 5.0 that was bimini blue and pretty clean. Nice cars....

Pete

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Subaru XT
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
If I can swing it, I plan on getting another 5.0 Mustang but no convertible this time. Here was mine:

I miss the ol' gal a lot! I also love Dodge Daytonas and I'd take a Trans Am GTA happily.
FieroGtBandit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGtBanditSend a Private Message to FieroGtBanditDirect Link to This Post
I Like The Conqest Alot Too. Its An Elegant Starion. I Love The EXP As Well, My Advice Is To Take Out The Lame-ass 4 Banger And Drop In A V-8, Tighten Up The Steering And Your Ready To Roll.
rambozotheclown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rambozotheclownSend a Private Message to rambozotheclownDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking of the Conquest earlier today. Very cool car. I used to have an 87 Trans Am GTA, wouldn't mind having another.

others I'd like:
El Camino SS
Merkur XR4ti

mk.II supra

E30 M3

Lincoln Mark VII

Mazda RX7 Turbo II

------------------

just filler 'til I make a Fiero sig

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
I had this '86 Mustang SVO. I REALLY regret selling it. I hope to have another one someday.....

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph
FOR SALE
GM Tuners

Darbji

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarbjiSend a Private Message to DarbjiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

Hey I had one of those. The doors are cool but its super slow and very unreliable. Plus you get sick of the back to the future jokes real quick. Here's a pic of her and my Grand Prix.

PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
Probably go for a CRX, myself.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
The car I had in the 80's,

An '87 Grand National.

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Aside from a few already listed... if I couldn't have a Fiero today, I would most likely import a R31 Skyline, getting close to the 25 year mark...

I also have a spot set aside for a nice Levin.

I guess I prefer 80's Japanese engineering to the domestic stuff.
TA6SPD

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TA6SPDSend a Private Message to TA6SPDDirect Link to This Post
Dodge Omni GLH. It was a bad a$$ 4 door.

------------------
What does not kill you only makes you stronger!!!
ta6spd@hotmail.com

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
I'll start with the other 80s coupes I have already have/had...

A Nissan EXA Turbo (Pulsar NX there I think?)

A Toyota Corolla AE70/TE71 notchback GT coupe

A Mazda Capella C2 GT-R 4WS / MX6 GT - mine's the one on the right. JDM spec DOHC even!

Ones I would own in a heartbeat though? Easy. Lotus Esprit, Toyota Supra MkIII JZA70 Aerotop, RX7 Convertible, maybe a Ford Capri XR2 Turbo... I d'no though, the Corolla is for sale for a reason - MOAR FIEROS!

[This message has been edited by Carcenomy (edited 06-29-2011).]

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
I miss my Conquest's and my SVO

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, and 86 GT

auto_cran28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for auto_cran28Click Here to visit auto_cran28's HomePageSend a Private Message to auto_cran28Direct Link to This Post
I'm a HUGE fan of 80's cars!

Would love to get a hold of Conquest/Starion, Porsche 944, Porsche 928 S4, IROC-Z.

Cars from the 80's that my wife & I currently have in the garage are (besides our 1986 Fiero GT):

1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am #760 (1982 miles)
1988 Chevrolet Corvette 35th Anniversary #1941/2050
1983 Delorean DMC-12
1986 Toyota Supra MKII
1987 Toyota MR2 (5-speed/t-top)
1986 Mustang SVO

Let me know if you want to see any pics.

AkursedX - our SVO is EXACTLY like the one you posted! Fun car! Nothing like hearing that turbo whistle!

Here's a pic of our Delorean (have owned if for 12+ years; NO major problems & never let us down.):

Chris

[This message has been edited by auto_cran28 (edited 06-29-2011).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darbji:

Plus you get sick of the back to the future jokes real quick.

LOL I bet that happens all the time! Even more than the "Don't all Fieros catch on fire?" stuff.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwrape:

I miss my Conquest's and my SVO

Seems to be a lot of love for Mitsubishi's last cool car goin on here...

Luckily later Mitsubishi offerings serve up a delectable DOHC head that fits the Starion, not sure how it'd get on with the USDM Starion/Conquest with its bigger powerplant, but it's damn-near bolt-on to the JDM version
tonycampbell86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tonycampbell86gtClick Here to visit tonycampbell86gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to tonycampbell86gtDirect Link to This Post
This is my first car, still have it. Love these.

Also liked the Conquest TSI, those were nasty!!

Tony
PFF
System Bot
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
If I had the option I would go with a Sapphire Blue Fire-mist Reatta with all the options or an 89 Buick Riviera. I don't really care for the earlier years because of the flat back end. 89-94 had the flowing lines that I like. Plus both have the bullet proof 3800 series I and the TH440T4; not to mention the sweet CRT touch screen. I am a sucker for an "E" body.
Riviera

Reatta

Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post
I had a Chrysler Turbo Laser for a while and it was a blast. The attached photo is the Dodge Daytona version of the car.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
My 85 El Camino in SS trim, the day I got it back from the paint shop. Gas gauge never worked right. It was in show room new condition here.This engine had 40 miles on it when I drove it to the paint shop.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-29-2011).]

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
I would get a 2nd gen, or another 3rd gen Prelude with four wheel steering.

I've had 5 of the 3rd gen ones, its hard to find them not all riced out and beaten into the ground now

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 06-29-2011).]

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tonycampbell86gt:

This is my first car, still have it. Love these.

Also liked the Conquest TSI, those were nasty!!

Tony

2nd Gen love =). I love First Gen Cavi's too.

------------------

1990 Pontiac Sunbird /// 1995 Beretta Base /// betty progress

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Always had a soft spot for the older RX-7s.
Definitely wouldn't mind a GTA T/A.
IROC Z Camaro
Supra/ Celica Supra
MR2
Delorean
Vette 80-82 was my favorite body style.
Grand National
Mustang 5.0
Yota Trueno

The chrysler coupe posted above looks pretty badass, never heard of it.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 06-29-2011).]

nmw75

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Direct Link to This Post
Here is what I bought to replace my 85 Chevette.
It was a 1988 Nissan Sentra SE. Had minimal in common with the 'regular' sentras. full independent suspension, front & rear sway bars, Bilstein performance shocks. Removable sunroof like the Fiero but with a better latching system. Really nice sport seats with lumbar & side bolster adjustments. They would be great for the Fiero!
It was a really fun car, especially after a Chevette!!!

------------------
86 GT
87 coupe restoration project.

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
^ Wow that brings back memories, my uncle had one of those... Holy hell the back seat was tight for a 600 mile road trip lol.
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
1985 Chevy Cavalier Type 10
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
1989 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo.... Gorgeous car.

PFF
System Bot
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

1989 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo.... Gorgeous car.

yes yes and yes although i want a white one

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Lets interject some reality here of buing a 80's coupe in the 80's.

I originally wanted a TA or Z/28 but then I found out what the price was for insurance. I then Checked on a Cutlass T top and it was the same all because of my age and V8. I had a clean record but age killed me.

I then went to look and found any V6 and non turbo 4 was in the resonable zone. This pretty much left the Z/24 and Fiero in my sights. When I went shopping for the Fiero I found the V6 and the insurance was no more than the 4 for me. Later on the insurance for new buyer did go up.

Looking back and how many of these cars that are not on the road anymore due to poor mechanical design and rust I think I may have picked the right car.

As of right now there is only two I would chose from today other than a Fiero. The 89 Turbo TA or a Grand National. For the most part the rest are crap cars and difficult to get parts for at this point. The 80's were not as good as we thought they were at the time. Most of the cars built back then just did not hold up well and often are slower than my 4 cylinder daily driver today including stock Mustange and GN.

We are in the good old day now so enjoy them before the goverment tries to take them away again with higher cafe.
Darbji

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarbjiSend a Private Message to DarbjiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by auto_cran28:

I'm a HUGE fan of 80's cars!

Would love to get a hold of Conquest/Starion, Porsche 944, Porsche 928 S4, IROC-Z.

Cars from the 80's that my wife & I currently have in the garage are (besides our 1986 Fiero GT):

1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am #760 (1982 miles)
1988 Chevrolet Corvette 35th Anniversary #1941/2050
1983 Delorean DMC-12
1986 Toyota Supra MKII
1987 Toyota MR2 (5-speed/t-top)
1986 Mustang SVO

Let me know if you want to see any pics.

AkursedX - our SVO is EXACTLY like the one you posted! Fun car! Nothing like hearing that turbo whistle!

Here's a pic of our Delorean (have owned if for 12+ years; NO major problems & never let us down.):

Chris

I'm so glad yours has been nice to you.my delorean was an 81and IT HATED ME! Cool car though!
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I had a 91 Ford Probe which I really liked. (Came out in 89, so they are at least very late 80's design). It was not too quick, but was otherwise a tank. Plus I loved the hatch with everything it could swallow!
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Can't beleive you missed this one. When I bought my 88 I was very very close to buy this one instead of the Fiero because the overall performance specs were the same. Was a nice car but I am glad I did not

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDDirect Link to This Post
911 carrera with g50 trans
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Supra

Audi quattro

Rx7

Grand national

Omni glh

Lotus esprit

------------------

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 06-30-2011).]

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Can't beleive you missed this one. When I bought my 88 I was very very close to buy this one instead of the Fiero because the overall performance specs were the same. Was a nice car but I am glad I did not

The 80's CRX Si's were quite cool, and quick for their time. I almost bought one new in 1985. They were a lot of car for the money. And the HF's were good for 44 MPG using 30 year old technology.

Of course, once the ricers started getting ahold of them, few of them survive today.
turbotoad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Chrysler Conquest TSI

Hells Yeah!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay