apology by dan6752
Started on: 06-27-2011 04:50 PM
Replies: 29
Last post by: blackrams on 06-29-2011 08:14 PM
dan6752

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dan6752Send a Private Message to dan6752Direct Link to This Post
This isnt a request for sympathy or an excuse but more of an explination. I know ive had some repetitive and odd posts on here sometimes and have been chastised some for it but being a disabled vet of the lovely country of Viet Nam with basically no colon due to a wayward AK round and a 19 year old boy with non-hodjkins lymphoma just did a 5 week stint in Riley Childrens Hospital in Indianapolis and just had to put mom in nursing home due to dementia (sic) all the medication i take i get a little confused at times and i apologize for that. I have a nice indy and without some of your help i.e. Rick Borecky and others I'd probably have to junk it. It needs a little work and paint and being on a fixed income and pretty much on my own it gets a little tough without you guys help. I know a lot of you have it worse off than I and i totally sympathize with you and if you would rather me not post on here anymore I will honor that request. Again not an excuse just wanted you to know where im coming from and thanks for all your help so far. Dan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Dan,
Post all you want. I've got your six. At least till they take me out.

------------------
Ron

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Dan,

First of all, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service to this great country of ours.
I am sorry to hear of your injury in Vietnam, and thankful that you are still with us.

I am sorry to hear of the health issues with your son and mother. I can't say that I know what you are going through on those fronts, but I can say that you are in my prayers.

Each and every one of us on this forum are different. It is these differences that make our small community a family.
Sometimes we don't always get along, but in many cases, just like a real family, we can learn to forgive and move on.

I have not seen any of the posts that you have made that you appear to be concerned with. But, please note that everyone has their moments.

We all share a common interest in the Fiero, and you are an active owner with your Indy. Even if it needs work, it is still your baby. Take care of it and please, don't ever hesitate to ask for help on here. We are always willing to help our "family" out.

I do not see any reason that you need to apologize. Just kick back, relax, pull up a chair and pop open a cold one.

Chris
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Dude,
Stick around and god bless you for your service.... No Apology necessary, altho not sure what it is you are apparently apologizing for. No matter, welcome!! peace

Pete

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Dan, from one disabled vet to another - - - keep your eyes open and be ready to DUCK!!

One day at a time with the bad comes good!!

Need help and advice we're all here for ya!

One day to another is just so darn confusing anyway . . . .
dan6752

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dan6752Send a Private Message to dan6752Direct Link to This Post
Had some trouble trying to explain spider cracks on my bumper on the tech board a week or so ago and some people seemed to take offense to it didnt do it intentionally just didnt know how to get it right. Thanks alot Dan
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
Dan,

Thank you for your service
Don't let em get you down man stay with us
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your service Dan and God bless you. I served during Vietnam and think often of you guys that were in-country. Don't let the nit pickers on the internet get you down. You have no call to apologize.

Larry

------------------

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Dan,
Just ignore the small number if intolerant people here. (There are a few self appointed critics. They are usually noobs, and are way more disagreeable than the people they choose to pick on.)

Dementia is a horrible thing. My wife's dad (and his whole family) went through that. I offer you my sympathy.
I wish you and your family well, and I think you for your service.

Your Indy? Heck, Fieros - all Fieros - are works in progress. You're in good company.
(Rick is a good guy. He put a friend of mine on the trail of a really nice SE.)
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I'm a Vietnam era vet as well. And I've noticed that somethings haven't changed in the 40 plus years that have passed. In any group, forum, platoon or company there will always be those who will jump at the chance to put someone down. They never take the time nor do they have the patience to try to understand what someone is trying to say. If you have sincerely tried to post something and one of those narrow minded know it all's can't figure it out; it's their problem not yours. They owe you an apology not the other way around. You know as well as I do: what goes round, comes around. You'll continue to get help and good advice and those others just might be lead in other directions.
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post
Hang in here with us Dan. There are some people that are not very tolerant of those of us that are different from them. That is their problem, however vocal they are, it is still their problem. Don't let them make it your problem.

I have seen some people on here that are a bit rude and like to point out the fault in others. It makes them feel superior, like they have no faults. But, everyone has faults! Don't engage with them.

I have not seem any examples of anyplace where you have been out of line, but I'm not on here all the time. However, with the statement you made in this post I cannot see how you could be bad enough to be asked to leave this message board.

As a fellow disabled Vietnam era vet, I ask you to hang in here with us. We need you. Just ignore the haters and pay attention to us lovers.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I don't know any of the history of your posts, but don't ever let anyone run you off of this forum. If people are pissed because you are straightforward, don't bend yourself to conform to what they want. Be who you are. I catch **** many times with how blunt and ignorant I can be. But I'm me and I'm not changing for anyone.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to figure out where this turned into a complete disaster. Here is what happened since I was involved in it:

There were 3 threads consecutively posted in tech about "spider cracks" in the front bumper. Then a 4th one appeared within a short period of time asking the same question. One of the other members made a comment of "THREE threads asking the SAME question" and I replied "No, this is the 4th thread in 9 days". I then asked "Not to be rude but Dan are you ok?" That was that last post in the thread.

Thats it. No insults no remarks. I appologized to Dan via PM earlier today. Now unless some other guys really PM'd crap to him and REALLY gave him a hard time, I'm stumped that this escalated to this level.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I'm trying to figure out where this turned into a complete disaster. Here is what happened since I was involved in it:

There were 3 threads consecutively posted in tech about "spider cracks" in the front bumper. Then a 4th one appeared within a short period of time asking the same question. One of the other members made a comment of "THREE threads asking the SAME question" and I replied "No, this is the 4th thread in 9 days". I then asked "Not to be rude but Dan are you ok?" That was that last post in the thread.

Thats it. No insults no remarks. I appologized to Dan via PM earlier today. Now unless some other guys really PM'd crap to him and REALLY gave him a hard time, I'm stumped that this escalated to this level.

I don't have a clue where it came from but, I do know that many times posts are mis-intrepreted. This could be the case or not. Regardless, I've seen too many folks run off this forum because they didn't understand how things work. If I could suggest anything, it would be that Cliff change the rating system so that it shows when you get rated by someone and not hold off until the are fifty votes. I'm not saying this is a factor in this case but, obviously some posts get intrepreted as an attack when they aren't intended that way.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 06-27-2011).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dan - there's strength in numbers - "we need you as much as you need us"! Stick around, show us some pics of your car and post away!

Thanks so much for your service and sacrifice!

Pat
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about your hardships. The last couple years seems to be full of them. There are a few rules to live by on a forum. #1 Don't post anything you don't want your entire family to read. #2 When someone insults you in anyway... it's their own insecurity. If you feel insulted.. It's your own. #3 Enjoy, don't let a few ruin a passion.

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
There were 3 threads consecutively posted in tech about "spider cracks" in the front bumper. Then a 4th one appeared within a short period of time asking the same question.

Can I be the fifth? Got spider cracks in the front fascia, hood and decklid. Can you help?

Stu
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Spidercracks--that's nothin.

An animal ate my headlight doors----while they were on the car.

Stick around Dan. But watch out for blackrams. Yeah,, he's got your six-- He'll take your can of peaches and slip in a can of ham and MFs.

Where were ya Dan--and when? There's a few of us here--from the old days. Me, Wolfhound, Old Lars, Starlightcoupe, Uhlanstan--a couple more I can't remember right off. Ya wanna talk, PM me, or we can open a RVN thread in OT.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-27-2011).]

dan6752

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dan6752Send a Private Message to dan6752Direct Link to This Post
Thanks everyone maybe I overreacted but I sometimes do. Have a couple of questions if you dont mind. Had to let car sit in dads barn for 12 years due to lack of funds. Got it out last year and had the usual mouse pee smell is there any harm in taking to car wash and doing the front trunk a going over will it hurt any electronics ie head light motors and can i spray something in vents to help. Also because of my HUGE government monthly check cant afford new decals is there a way to cover them and paint over them. Again didnt mean to affend anyone just wanted to let you know if i leave a rather off the wall post its not intentional and i know i need to learn to spell better. Thanks for your time, Dan
Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
You could probably get something from a pet store that cleans and deodorizes
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
I just pressure washed both my 86 Sport and my 86 GT's front trunk area and had absolutely no problems. I had to wash both of them due to the pollen in Georgia that seems into the front and rear trunk area.

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, and 86 GT

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
If it's been that long in the barn and you have mice pee, pull out the heater fan motor and the resistor that is nearby and clean them.
I bet you have a mouse nest in there too.
PFF
System Bot
richg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for richgSend a Private Message to richgDirect Link to This Post
there are a few of us disabled on the forum i have end stage liver disease and one of the symptomsis the liver doesent filter the poisons and they go to the brain making me forgetful,angry and disoriented so some times i repeat things,the people on this forum are great and helpful dont take all the remarks to heart thank you for serving from a navy vet just after vietnam war . keep your head up high and get your fiero back on the road
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dan6752:

Got it out last year and had the usual mouse pee smell is there any harm in taking to car wash and doing the front trunk a going over will it hurt any electronics ie head light motors and can i spray something in vents to help.

First of all thank you for your service and sacrifice. Welcome home brother.

You're going to have to pull the heater motor/squirrel cage out and get into the ducts and clean it all. Also toward the passenger side there is a 3 wire connector going into the duct. Take the screws out of the little panel where the connector is and clean out the nesting debris there. These are the heater motor resisitors and they get very hot. If there is combustable matterial against the resistors it will catch fire. Go to a pet supply place and get some stuff to control the odor. If the mice used the squirrel cage for their potty room you may have to replace it. That stuff gets into the metal and is hard to clean. If the mice travel all through the heater system you may eventually have to pull out the heater core to clean the rest of the duct work.

If you have AC all this is a little more difficult. If you have a sunroof you'll have to take the plastic tray above the heater/AC equipment off (just 3 screws).

When you wash the front trunk try not to spray water directly on the heater motor or where the heater hoses go through the firewall. If you lift your spare tire out there should be a little drain hole at the bottom of the tub. Make sure it's not plugged with debris or mud dobber nest. I wouldn't use high pressure around the brake master cylinder cover or where the brake / clutch rods go through the floor.

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 06-28-2011).]

Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post

Got it out last year and had the usual mouse pee smell is there any harm in taking to car wash and doing the front trunk a going over will it hurt any electronics ie head light motors and can i spray something in vents to help.

I would recommend trying some of the many pet enzyme urine removal products that are sold at most pet stores, drug stores, and department stores.

I might help to use a black light (ultraviolet light) to find exactly where the urine is so you can hit it directly with the enzymes. Most pet stores sell a black light for that purpose.

nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Direct Link to This Post
I've had 4 Fiero's. Every one of them has had a mouse nest under the center console & where the shifter is.
I also suggest getting a bottle of the enzyme that kills pet odors. Works well.

------------------
86 GT
87 coupe restoration project.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Stick around Dan. But watch out for blackrams. Yeah,, he's got your six-- He'll take your can of peaches and slip in a can of ham and MFs.

Now really, was that necessary. Borrow one can of peaches and get dogged for life.

Besides, it wasn't ham and MFs, is was S.O.S.

As I said previously Dan, stick around. MJ is one of the good guys, I don't care what he eats.

Dan, just where in Indy are you located? I get up that way now and then and would love to break bread or just have a Coke with ya.
------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 06-28-2011).]

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Dan, I understand at least a bit of what you're going through...my son battled Hodgkin's Lymphoma twice within two years, and I know the toll it takes on a parent. I also watched my grandmother slip away due to Alzheimer's...but I didn't have to deal with both at the same time like you have. I salute you for holding it all together as you have...

Stick around...by far and large, most of the people here are ready and willing to help out a fellow Fiero owner. I think that you'll find that just about everyone, when they know your backstory, will be patient and help you get things straightened out with your Indy and get you back on the road again. As for me....I'll just say "Welcome, Dan, I'm glad you're here".

------------------

86 GT 4 Speed
"Sucks to be me..."

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Thanks everyone maybe I overreacted but I sometimes do. Have a couple of questions if you dont mind. Had to let car sit in dads barn for 12 years due to lack of funds. Got it out last year and had the usual mouse pee smell is there any harm in taking to car wash and doing the front trunk a going over will it hurt any electronics ie head light motors and can i spray something in vents to help. Also because of my HUGE government monthly check cant afford new decals is there a way to cover them and paint over them. Again didnt mean to affend anyone just wanted to let you know if i leave a rather off the wall post its not intentional and i know i need to learn to spell better. Thanks for your time, Dan

Don't paint over the decals--I think I know where a set can be found. I'll have to look for em tho.
Headlight motors are pretty much sealed as long as you don't just go overboard spraying around them.

Any chance you can get some pics up of the Indy?
And, if you haven't already, send the vin# to the Fiero pacecar guy--I forget who is keeping the known vin# list now.

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for your service. Stick around. This place is as addicting as the cars it was created to discuss.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Had some trouble trying to explain spider cracks on my bumper on the tech board a week or so ago and some people seemed to take offense to it didnt do it intentionally just didnt know how to get it right. Thanks alot Dan

Dan,
There is a real possibility I'll be in the Indy area in the next month or so. I'd like to see that Fiero, I think I know where you can get some parts, that assumes you need the parts I know of being available. We could meet up with a few other Fiero enthusist in the area for a cold one. Mine will be non-alcoholic but suit yourself.

------------------
Ron

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock