Price of Fieros have gone up? by Val_Evans
Started on: 06-25-2011 11:02 PM
Replies: 40
Last post by: dobey on 06-28-2011 07:56 PM
Val_Evans

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2011 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
I craiglist FIERO now and I see prices 4000, 5000, 8900!

The 8,900 one is this

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
Remember, what people ask for them is potentially not what they're selling for. A sell price and a buy price are two entirely different things.
Val_Evans

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2011 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
What I mean is these people overpricing the fiero like its the last one on earth

Guess people think they have gold now if they own a fiero or have one to sell. Luckily I bought mine for 500 years ago and its still a reliable great car. Looks fantastic too, people never beleive or even think its an 80s car. They always think its a 90s Nissan.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Val_Evans:

I craiglist FIERO now and I see prices 4000, 5000, 8900!

The 8,900 one is this

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

These guys can ask anything that they want for their Fieros. Like the Corvair, the Fiero still maintains its reputation as a cheap low priced car that is also a fire harzard. There is only a small community of people that collect them and we know what they are worth. Outside of nice 88GT's few bring any kind of money and if you put loads of money into them, you always lose. These sellers on Craiglist are IMO very foolish and very misinformed.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
The prices are increasing though not to the levels in the op's post just yet. The Fiero's reputation is what it is but it seems more and more people have fond memories of the little car. You will always have our asshats but then again they are everywhere.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2011 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Any 20+ year old car with only 5000 miles on it is going to be asked a very hefty price for. It doesn't matter if it's a Fiero, VW Bug, or a Ferrari 265 GTB/4.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Yep. People in my area are asking 4-8k for bone stock, high mileage cars with bad paint. They've been listed for a VERY long time.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I wish they would go up even more. They are over 20; too many kids have them if they are cheap thus total destruction. I have never seen a group that loves a car and wants it to be cheap but the Fiero owners. A trick Fiero should sell for over 20K
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Trying to get some sleep last night and was watching the Mechum Auction ( Mar. '11). Amazing what goes for under $8500 when there is no reserve. Can't recall all the models but there were some real deals. Doesn't seem right for a Fiero to score much more than around $7000, considering it's in fair to good condition. Hey, if someone can get $7000-$10,000 for thier car, good for us, unless your the one buying!
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Kevin87FieroGT

1202 posts
Member since Nov 2010
Sorry double post

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 06-26-2011).]

Val_Evans

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2011 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
well the low milage one i understand

there are 3 non-88s for sale in my area all of sellers asking more than 4 grand, makes me want to call and call them crazy. But Im a grown man to play those games.
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I wish they would go up even more.

I agree; I think higher Fiero prices are a good thing for all of us (except possibly for those who don't have one yet).

Mystik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MystikSend a Private Message to MystikDirect Link to This Post
there was a guy in my former area (Niagara reigon, Ontario), selling, what I believe was either a later-model SE or an 85GT (didn't inspect closely enough) ... what I do know is that the seller insisted it was a V6, and it was a notchback. The car was on display not far from downtown, and it was not very neat, neither inside or out, never saw under the hood, but I can only imagine. Called him up to see if I could get a deal, he was asking $1k. I never called back to make an offer.

A friend of mine found my current 86GT for me, $800, and the interior is very good (no perfect, but nothing is torn or broken, just needs some cleaning), and it came with some extra parts from a notchback the PO had and scrapped. including a steering column and rack, a set of SE Wheels, the factory sunroof panel and (half) the a-pillars w/glass, etc, and some body panels and manuals. The car had no tank, but it has a decent frame, and I've already purchased a new tank for it, and I'm getting the rest of the fuel delivery components soon.

I just put in, and had accepted a bid for another 86GT, not running, with factory sunroof, and the seller reports the frame is in decent shape, also in Ontario, for $400. I just have to go pay the man, and tow it to my other car... one of them will turn into a parts car, and I'll leave whatever I don't strip from it with my friend who purchased the first 86GT, since he fell in love with the car just from seeking, finding and purchasing it for me.

Let the madness reign.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
You would certainly think people think they are worth a lot.
Here are two prime examples.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2391518281.html

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2449180410.html

Especially this second ad with the custom painted phlenum.
I would think you would need something very unique to get 4500 for a car with no title or tags.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 06-26-2011).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I have never seen a group that loves a car and wants it to be cheap but the Fiero owners.

Truer words have never been spoken, but they don't apply to everyone here. Nevertheless, I too am amazed at the number of people on this forum that continue to berate and devalue the car and yet continue to own one (or in some case several Fieros), and interact on an enthusiast's forum. It just doesn't make sense. Perhaps their opinion has been formed from years of neglecting their own cars to the point that they've forgotten how great the car can be.

These over-priced-Fiero-threads seem to come up fairly often. I simply don't understand what skin it is off anybody's nose that someone else is selling a car for more than what "they" feel is right? What possible benefit could be derived from posting your dissatisfaction with the value others place on their belongings? Is there nothing good on TV? Run out of happy-pills? Geesh.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I love the Fiero, but since this is a public forum I can say whatever the h*** I want about the prices of them.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 06-27-2011).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:
Is there nothing good on TV? Run out of happy-pills? Geesh.

Don't know if you've ever turned on a broadcast TV channel in the past 6 years, but no, there really is nothing at all worth watching, on them. And to get any of the 3 or 4 channels that are worth watching on cable, you basically have to buy the 500+ channel digital mega ultra package. But Netflix (which I don't think you get up there in the tundra) is a pretty good service.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I love the Fiero, but since this is a public forum I can whatever the h*** I want about the prices of them.

I think Cliff should make a rule that you can't post stupid threads moaning about the prices or ads on craigslist/ebay/whatever, and start enforcing it. Too many pointless threads about it already, and they don't add anything useful to the world at large.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I don`t gripe about the prices that people ask for Fieros, I just make observations.
I think people should ask whatever they want for their cars.
I say if someone doesn`t want to pay the asking price for a car, don`t buy it.
Furthermore, do posts have to have a point?
It`s like people not liking a movie because it has no message.
I like to be mindlessly entertained sometimes.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 06-26-2011).]

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
So if moaning about prices that people ask is stupid what does that make the people that are moaning about their moaning?
Val_Evans

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
So this thread has been de-railed

Has the price of the Fiero gone up yes or no?

And is this fair?

1986 Pontiac Fiero GT Rare Classic- 154,000 actual miles, very good condition, manual 4 speed, 2.8 liter V6 5000$
PFF
System Bot
Mystik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MystikSend a Private Message to MystikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Val_Evans:

So this thread has been de-railed

Has the price of the Fiero gone up yes or no?

And is this fair?

1986 Pontiac Fiero GT Rare Classic- 154,000 actual miles, very good condition, manual 4 speed, 2.8 liter V6 5000$

I would say if you have a very neat Fiero (and almost all are going to have high miles), with a clean interior (few if any rips, cracks, etc), and a clean/well maintained engine (and the whole car runs!), then you're probably looking around the $5k range - but I'm no expert -. Though I have seen some nicer cars for cheaper, so maybe kick it down a knotch if it needs to sell quick.

Personally, I don't think I would want to spend that much unless the car was really well maintained, ran good and had no issues - oh, and if I had that kind of cash to begin with :P

if this is a car you're selling, good luck!

[This message has been edited by Mystik (edited 06-27-2011).]

timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Truer words have never been spoken, but they don't apply to everyone here. Nevertheless, I too am amazed at the number of people on this forum that continue to berate and devalue the car and yet continue to own one (or in some case several Fieros), and interact on an enthusiast's forum. It just doesn't make sense.

Try the honda forums. Tons of kids that don't even have a $5.00 bill to rub together in their pocket that all whine if any "performance" part costs more than $25.00 or if they have to buy parts new they also whine like babies.

Honestly for a 20+ year old car, I'm happy to pay under $300.00 for any parts. I'm getting off cheap! but then I know guys that own GTO's, 50's vettes, and other real classic cars that a side window will cost you $1500.00 and a stock headlight switch can be over $450.00

And is this fair?

Depends... in Spain or Germany? YES. in the united states? drop about $2500.00 off that price. oh and the false advertising "RARE Classic" tag. Plus most of the time, the "very good condition" is not. Very good condition means it is show room new. it looks like it just came off the factory assembly line or rolled out of the pontiac dealer to it's first owner. Most fieros (and other cars for that matter) advertised as "very good condition" are actually OK or good condition.

http://home.xnet.com/~paulv/Price%20Guide.htm is the real price guide.

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 06-27-2011).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Terry_w:

So if moaning about prices that people ask is stupid what does that make the people that are moaning about their moaning?

The benefit I, and hopefully others, may derive from bemoaning the naysayers is that perhaps some day they'll look at their cars and see the glass half full. Maybe. If that ever happens, we'll all reap the benefits of higher valued cars. The value of our cars, like the economy, is in the crapper because the confidence in the market isn't there. Who do you suppose is responsible for changing that? If we as Fiero enthusiasts/experts keep telling the world they're worthless, we'll be the perpetrators of our own self-fulfilling prophecy. How smart is that?
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:
Furthermore, do posts have to have a point?
It`s like people not liking a movie because it has no message.
I like to be mindlessly entertained sometimes.

And that is exactly what the Totally Off Topic forum is for. (Or RFT vs Teh World over there)
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I`m not going to debate it, but considering you are not a moderator it`s a moot point.
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
Back to the subject of the original post. The ad you showed is not ridiculous IMO. That is a 5k mile car. (I'm not saying it will sell for that but it could.)
I don't search the world for Fieros but I do keep an eye on my area. You will always find a few with high prices but you can watch them flow down the list til they expire then months later they appear again. I'm sure that on RARE occasions someone with a wad of cash in their pockets sees an ad and without doing any research goes out and buys one of these cars. Then when they start looking closer they discover that they could have bought twice the car for half the price.
The fact is that at this time our cars ARE NOT RARE. At the rate they are being parted out I MAY live long enough to see them actually become rare.

At this time the price is governed by supply and demand the supply is still greater than the demand causing low prices.

IMO the majority of the people on this forum do not buy their cars to sell for a profit. They buy them because they love the car and the potential for what they can do to it on a limited budget for their own pleasure. They are not trying to buy them to sell for a fortune.
If you are a snob that is loaded and wants their parts to cost hundreds of dollars just so you can say your car is valuable you probably bought the wrong car (unless you are young and plan to keep it a very long time.)

As far as the people that say this thread is OFF TOPIC that's ridiculous. This forum is for ANY discussion that pertains to Fieros. How is opinions about the prices of Fieros not a valid subject about Fieros.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
When I can't sell a coupe that is daily driver capable for $500 then NO the prices are not too high. Probably because I put an honest description about it in the add. I see simular vintage Camaros and Grand Ams in worse condition selling advertised for $1500.

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 06-27-2011).]

Val_Evans

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2011 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
Well, today they put a coupe up , brand new paint, small block with only 1k on the motor

Thats a steal considering the engine work

I just dont get how people can ask 5000 or even 4000 for an 86 STOCK GT, that probably is no where near mint
lukemo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lukemoSend a Private Message to lukemoDirect Link to This Post
There's a couple on ebay that are asking over 14,000. They're in show room condition. One is apparently Hulki Aldikacti’s Fiero, the "father" of the Fiero.

I was on there the other day and I spotted them.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Fiero prices are all over the map. Odds are as really clean, very desirable versions, become harder to find, prices on these examples will rise. As long as I can find a nice driver quality Fiero, I am happy. No "garage queens" for me......

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 06-27-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
you should see what people want on autotrader classics
http://www.autotraderclassi...onversationId=107495
G_Reaper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G_ReaperClick Here to visit G_Reaper's HomePageSend a Private Message to G_ReaperDirect Link to This Post
I had a guy want to give me 4k cash for mine. But because it's my daily and I NEED it and well. I've got too much love into it I said no. He lives just down the street though so if I decide to put it up for sale again guaranteed he'll be the first one at my door.

------------------

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I hate to nitpick, but has your car had a rear clip change because from the angle of the picture in your sig your car looks like a notchback not a GT fastback.
Val_Evans

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-28-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
I've had a lot of offers on my car too

fresh paint, nice rims, fastback, its a thing of beauty. but its my work my heart my blood sweat and tears into that thing
G_Reaper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G_ReaperClick Here to visit G_Reaper's HomePageSend a Private Message to G_ReaperDirect Link to This Post
It's funny. I think after careful research and consideration it's a notchback SE but it's sporting a GT badge on the front. It confuses me so much.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-28-2011 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G_Reaper:

It's funny. I think after careful research and consideration it's a notchback SE but it's sporting a GT badge on the front. It confuses me so much.

Ask the VIN what it is.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
IMO the Fiero will always have a reputution as a cheap car. Thats what it was designed to be. I like them as I can buy them cheap and use them as a platform to build something very nice. To me Fieros are parts cars. Their value is in the frame and plastic body not in the whole car, unless it is in showroom condition. Still in showroom condition the performance is anemic so what is a nice sports compact car worth that can't perform for beans?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Not to get to far off track with this. How much are the other 2 seaters of Fiero stature going for these days? My guess is they are all probably around the same price. Of course, exclude the Vette's, BMW's, Posche's and the like. I'm thinking the Toyota (MX?), VW's (maybe the Beetle), and some others I can't think of right now.
Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticDirect Link to This Post
I would say that the price for all used cars has gone up. My daily drive 88 GT was just in a minor accident. I thought that the insurance company was going to total out my car, but they valued it at $7800. Big shock to me.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock