Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Longest "No Fieros Sighted" Interstate Trip? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Longest "No Fieros Sighted" Interstate Trip? by Jim88GT
Started on: 06-25-2011 09:17 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: BlackGT Codde on 07-10-2011 08:52 AM
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from my Florida vacation and had to make note of the complete lack of Fiero sightings on I95 from Virginia to Saint Augustine - approximately 10 hours down and 10 hours back and not a one spotted! I guess the sightings will become even more rare considering the age of our rides and how many get crashed/crushed/parted out every year.

What's the longest drive anyone has done without spotting another Fiero on the road?

Jim
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
From Sarasota, FL to San Francisco, CA (2,888 miles) and saw no Fieros (I stopped at D1S and saw Kevin's, but none on the road) . I was fooolish enough to make the trip several times and each time-none. I've made several trips to V8Archie, but I only saw a Fiero at his place.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-27-2011).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
I start a 1,500 mile one way trip to El Paso tomorrow and make the return trip on Wed-Thurs. I'll let you know when I get back...
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Last Sept. from Allentown Pa. to Dearborn Mich. and back. 1,300 miles and not one. Ohh I was driving my 84
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
The last time I drove down from Little Rock, AR to Pensacola, FL I spotted one. A really nice yellow fastback on Pensacola Beach that looked like a repaint. I ate breakfast at some place called Native Cafe in Pensacola Beach (which was awesome by the way) and the car was there. Wasn't in a Fiero but another Pontiac.

However, the trip before the last one a while back I drove from Little Rock to Homestead, FL. The entire trip, to there and back, I did not spot one Fiero. I drove the entire time.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
You will typically see them more within the cities. I rarely see them on the interstates, but spot them quite often when I get into towns.
Four_hundred_86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Direct Link to This Post
Walden Co to kcmo 950 miles no fieros until we got to kc, parts cars and a friends. Not expecting any on the way back either.

------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Have made this trip a few times, 926 miles from Texas to Florida no Fiero sightings.
jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2011 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxDirect Link to This Post
1600 miles one weeked but i was in a fiero, over 2000 miles in a week but i had a hardon for nissan at the time.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
I have this one covered. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/085706.html

Total trip was roughly 8300 miles, but I did see one Fiero in Minnesota...so I cut out all legs of the trip up to and including that one....and end up with 4966 miles without a Fiero.
Sigler85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sigler85GTSend a Private Message to Sigler85GTDirect Link to This Post
I've gone frtom elkhart to houston by bus, then from houston to elkhart and back and not a single one! Besides mine I moved to store while I'm gone. That's 1200 miles 1 way.
Oh and still 0 seen on the northside of houston.
PFF
System Bot
doug.s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doug.sClick Here to visit doug.s's HomePageSend a Private Message to doug.sDirect Link to This Post
Los Angeles to Minneapolis. 1900 miles and the only Fiero was the one I was driving. This was in 2003.

Doug
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Last year went from my home in Tx. to Presque Isle, Me. 2240 miles. Finally saw one in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Presque Isle after I had been there about a week. Didn't see any on the way back either.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Currently in Springfield, Mo on my way from Indy to El Paso and have yet to see one.

------------------

Originally posted by maryjane:

The only time a grudge is worth holding is if nuclear launch codes are involved----words to live by.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen another Fiero on the road in a long time.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
I`m currently about 3800 miles in a 5000-6000 mile road trip and I was lucky enough to spot 1 87-88 dark red coupe somewhere in Missouri on the interstate. I haven`t seen another one and I`ve visited several cities.

------------------

AKA. FieroAlex
Not related in any way to the FieroMontreal club

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I have only ever seen 3 fieros on the road in my life in Australia and never whilst driving mine
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

I have only ever seen 3 fieros on the road in my life in Australia and never whilst driving mine

Hahahaha, I somehow don't think we count really Australian
Never seen another Fiero driving, only ever seen one parked that wasn't my own, and a total of five up close, ever.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
My friends and I drove from the Northwestern side of Wisconsin all the way out to Philly to pick up a Fiero, but did not see a one. Twenty-two hours one way. That was a fin trip though.
nmw75

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Direct Link to This Post
I haven't seen any on the road this year... Seen some parked in driveways but that's all.

------------------
86 GT
87 coupe restoration project.

AWDimpreza-L

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimpreza-LSend a Private Message to AWDimpreza-LDirect Link to This Post
From Monticello MN through south dakota, wyoming, colorado, nebraska, and iowa, not one fiero, this was 3 years ago.

------------------
84 2m4 72 whp 108 wtq, stock.

PFF
System Bot
James_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

Hahahaha, I somehow don't think we count really Australian
Never seen another Fiero driving, only ever seen one parked that wasn't my own, and a total of five up close, ever.

I have seen three (including my own). 1 86 GT and 2 87 GT's. Never seen a notchback Fiero ever. I really hope one shows up to a car show sometime as I'd love to check it out. Didn't see a single one on my trip to Hawaii a year or so ago! Saw a few Firebirds though.

------------------
James

RHD 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Calgary to Pontiac for the 20th Anniversary show in 2003 - a 3 day drive - 3000+ miles.

We stopped in South Dakota to look up a Fiero owner. Otherwise, we didn't see another one until well into Michigan just an hour or so from Pontiac.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

tox1cchicken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tox1cchickenSend a Private Message to tox1cchickenDirect Link to This Post
I see at least one every day I drive, I don't know years, but there's a nice yellow notchie less than 5 miles from me, a red SE, a black, a few silver, and a few of the Deep red. as well as 4 or 5 I know of that are for sale as well. I guess people around me just love these cars.

Plus there's a guy (Ron Verb) on the radio from around here that alone owns a handful of them.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I started driving from NY to the Daytona Spring show in 1996. My brother and I would check for Fieros during the 1200 mile trip south then on the return back north. We would only see a Fiero once we got to Daytona, and very few Fieros in between if any. During the 2011 Power Tour earlier this month, the only Fieros I saw were the ones in the Power Tour.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 06-27-2011).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
I have driven all across the country MANY times including several cross country trips and I almost NEVER see another fiero on the road...peace

Pete
Talonzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TalonzzSend a Private Message to TalonzzDirect Link to This Post
Drove from Tucson AZ to Carlisle PA the only one I saw was the one on the car trailer behind me.

------------------

Lee

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
On Saturday - departed Stafford va to carlisle (gm nationals) no fieros until I entered the gate - departed at 5 pm with two others - one went right - one left - me straight - last time any were seen!
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Lexington, KY to San Diego, CA, not one Fiero spotted going there or coming back.
Lexington, KY to Butte, Montana, not one Fiero spotted going there or coming back.
Lexington, KY to Norfolk,VA to Ft. Smith, AR to Toney, AL to Lexington, KY. Saw a bunch at Toney, AL but none anywhere else. Wonder why?
------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 06-27-2011).]

nathrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nathrakSend a Private Message to nathrakDirect Link to This Post
Last July, Orlando to Toronto, didn't see a one till we got to TO but saw a couple parked while there and then when we heading back stateside we spent a good 30 mins next to a nice red notchie in traffic on the QEW. The wifey got a few nice shots of it before we got to customs. Heading back up this weekend so if anyones on the highways along the way and you see a dark blue contour slowing down to take a pic of your fiero wave for the camera.
Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post
Ohio to Nashville and back, plus a week of triving around Nashville. Not a single one spotted...
PFF
System Bot
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Charleston SC - Detroit Mi - and I did not see any on the road. Once I made it to Detroit, I saw a couple here and there over a weeks time frame
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
I'll be on a road trip in my Sunfire the last two weeks of July-- I'll keep a tally. We'll be going the following places: Milwaukee, WI; Denver, CO; Page, AZ (Grand Canyon, north rim); Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; San Luis Obispo, CA; San Francisco, CA; then ending in Frazee, MN for the Tyler Shipman show. I won't count at Frazee!
tox1cchicken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tox1cchickenSend a Private Message to tox1cchickenDirect Link to This Post
Just saw another one today at the Cleveland zoo, in the employ parking lot, it looked even more beat up than my own.
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post
Was out taking pictures of the choptop along the Colonial Parkway and looked in my rear view and sighted a yellow 88 notchie aproaching - what are the odds!! Pulled off and flagged him down - nice older gentleman (74) out with his wife for a spin - had an interesting hydrogen generating setup in the trunk plumbed into the intake. Have to figure out how to get the pics within the PIP limits to post shots of his car....

Jim
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
I`m on about I`ve got about 600mi left on my road trip (Montreal -. Texas - Memphis - Montreal)

As I initially mentioned I saw 1 dark red 87 coupe on the interstate in Missouri

Well I`m adding two more to the list!

86-87 Dark Red GT with non fiero wheels in South Padre Texas on tueaday and a Gold Aero SE in Ohio earlier today!
ThatFieroKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatFieroKidSend a Private Message to ThatFieroKidDirect Link to This Post
Well lets see I went from Toledo OH to Washington DC and didn't see any, and the same thing Toledo to New York City. I very rarely see any at all. The last running fiero I saw was a few months ago. I also saw one sitting in a auto parts yard a few weeks ago.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Texas to NY and back, (3,600 miles) saw one silver bumperpad notchie, so it was almost no Fieros sighted.
tox1cchicken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tox1cchickenSend a Private Message to tox1cchickenDirect Link to This Post
ok I just saw 2 yesterday while mine was broken down on I-271 N
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Well I guess I will add... Drove all the way to Nashville yesterday for a concert and back and mine was the ONLY fiero on the road there and back.... Nice to be exclusive!! haha peace

Pete
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock