Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Longest "No Fieros Sighted" Interstate Trip? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Longest "No Fieros Sighted" Interstate Trip? by Jim88GT
Started on: 06-25-2011 09:17 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: BlackGT Codde on 07-10-2011 08:52 AM
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Was out taking pictures of the choptop along the Colonial Parkway and looked in my rear view and sighted a yellow 88 notchie aproaching - what are the odds!! Pulled off and flagged him down - nice older gentleman (74) out with his wife for a spin - had an interesting hydrogen generating setup in the trunk plumbed into the intake. Have to figure out how to get the pics within the PIP limits to post shots of his car....

Jim

IP: Logged
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post
Here's a shot of the hydrogen generator setup he has plumbed to the intake:

SoCal Jim

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoCal JimSend a Private Message to SoCal JimDirect Link to This Post
I left Newport News, Va. in my Yellow '88 GT. . . went to Charlotte, NC. Picked up Hwy 40 and headed west.
Did not see a Fiero all the way home to the coast in Calif.
Passed thru Nashville, Memphis, Oklahoma, Amarillo , Albuquerque and on into Laughlin, Nv. Then on home, just north of Los Angeles.
So about 2,700 miles, 6 days.

Saw several Fieros in town once I got here, but I knew where to look.

Jim

www.jimsfiero.com

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Here's a shot of the hydrogen generator setup he has plumbed to the intake:

That is not a hydrogen generator.... that is a still. LOL. My buddy put one on his truck and is is snake oil like most things out there. If it worked as well as they claimed it would be on ever car built today.

As for seeing Fiero. I see them every week going to work. Most are not on the interstates but on city streets. Now if you count the ones dead in the driveways it is a daily sight. Right now I see two at work daily and neither are mine.
BlackGT Codde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
my dad and i drove his diesel benz from Seattle, WA all the way to central Illinios, (ottawa) and never saw one fiero. i actually had to go looking for one in washington. only one i saw was at a scrapyard the guy wanted 3 grand for a no engine fiero.
a bonus was that we only stopped for diesel fuel once on that 2800 mile trip that was in ottawa.and that was only on the way back. I love veggie oil! take that big oil companies! 5600 miles,20 gallons of diesel fuel, 220 gallons of vegetables, 0 FIEROS i was heartbroken.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock