should i get it? by outlawfiero17
Started on: 06-13-2011 12:06 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: outlawfiero17 on 06-18-2011 01:25 AM
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
so i got offered an 85 GT for $200 its been sitting since 2002 under a car cover. the paint is slightly faded but way better than my Frankenstein car. the intierior looks like it had just got detailed before it was parked. its an auto. new radiator and rack. sun roof and power mirrors. has the aux. gauges. 170k on the clock. the guy said it ran when parked but "was very tired" then started saying it was knocking like a dead cylinder. its been no op'd since 2002. i figure if i got it. id swap my suspension on it as well as my motor and trans and electrical goodies.

my 86se has somewhat or a horrid history. had been wrecked a few time before i got it. font pass side is crunched under the panels. the trunk is smashed up.

i figure $200 and about a weeks worth of my time. id have a decent looking/ great running car!

then i can part my 86se out for what ever ppl needed then scrap the frame and make my $200 back.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Definately pick it up for that price. It is a California car so rust shouldn't be an issue. The knock in the motor may not even be a true knock.
Spaxspore

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpaxsporeSend a Private Message to SpaxsporeDirect Link to This Post
$200! hell yea, in the worst case, you part it out/scrap it and you should still make a profit.
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
well would it be worth it to change my stuff onto it and part my 86?
the new rack alone is worth the $200 alone. but its the space in my driveway im worried about.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
If you want a running 85GT contact mark means at colfax high school. He is the shop instructor there and has a fiero for 600obo. Running and ready to drive. Sell ya a 87 GT for 300 bucks....
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
what would i be looking at work wise to swap all my stuff in it? i have a 3.4 5spd. lowered 1" poly all around. with rodney cradle bushings. 87-88 headlight setup.

well really what im concered for is the auto to manual swap.....whats all involved? is all the hardware there for hanging the clutch line? and vise versa? i plane on moving all my stuff to the 85 GT and taking all its guts and putting on my 86SE get it running decent and let my mom use it for school....or my brother so he has transportation....i also have my 84 which soone wiil be getting the 87-88 setup once i track down some decent motors.
GT86FASTBACK

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Deff pick that up for sure! The parts alone on it are worth the money!!!! You cant loose!
Jev-Fiero-Touge

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jev-Fiero-TougeClick Here to visit Jev-Fiero-Touge's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jev-Fiero-TougeDirect Link to This Post
Nice, i would get it.

when i got my Fiero it was for $450 w/ bad tranny...

$200 is chump change...even when i worked at a shop for $100/week.
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
ive decided to get it.....just dont have the dough right now. and no way to get it home. its not going anywhere as its not for sale to anyone but me since i wont "cannibalize" it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock