Started on: 06-10-2011 05:02 PM
Replies: 77
Last post by: redraif on 07-01-2011 01:22 PM
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
I saw this today at work. I about died laughing. But it's for sale, $1,600 and this beauty could be all yours!! Enjoy!!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
iced_theater

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterDirect Link to This Post
Definitely not my style, but I'd imagine the wheels themselves cost at least $400 each. Could probably buy the car and sell the wheels and tires and make a profit from it.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
The sign is right... its an Albatross!
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
Sparkys 88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sparkys 88GTSend a Private Message to Sparkys 88GTDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is WTF were they thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
One of my employees is thinking about buying it just so he can drive it around and laugh at it.
CogFieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CogFieroGTSend a Private Message to CogFieroGTDirect Link to This Post
buy it, sale the wheels and use the money on something USEFUL for the car
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
It must be a joke for you can't drive that car on the road due to the wheels sticking outside the fender. Given that the Fiero suffers from baby brakes those wheels won't help eight.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

One of my employees is thinking about buying it just so he can drive it around and laugh at it.

Wouldn't that be people laughing at him while he's driving it around?

There is a chevy Caprise around my neighborhood that rolls on 26's. As if that wasn't bad enough that put giant neon lime green plates to cover the stock brakes. Makes me laugh every time I see it...

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 06-10-2011).]

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

It must be a joke for you can't drive that car on the road due to the wheels sticking outside the fender. Given that the Fiero suffers from baby brakes those wheels won't help eight.

Its no joke. In the ghetto here everyone drives these "donks". They rub, are unsafe, and ugly. But ghetto people love them. There are literally hundreds of these cars here, old Buick Centurys, Lexus SC400's, Monte Carlo's, and now Fieros.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 06-10-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
It has a military officer's base pass on the driver's side black bumper pad...that's embarassing! We are having snowball fights in hell on the 7th sunday of the month if anyone wants to join in...

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 06-10-2011).]

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

It has a military officer's base pass on the driver's side black bumper pad...that's embarassing! We are having snowball fights in hell on the 7th sunday of the month if anyone wants to join in...

I noticed that. But the pass looked way old. There is no way the current owner is in the Military.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Its no joke. In the ghetto here everyone drives these "donks". They rub, are unsafe, and ugly. But ghetto people love them. There are literally hundreds of these cars here, old Buick Centurys, Lexus SC400's, Monte Carlo's, and now Fieros.

I know. I've seen them too, but on classics (usually a Caprice Classic). Although, some are rolling on 24s they don't stick out as much as a Fiero. I saw 1970 Buick with a set in Bakersfierld, CA. and a newer model N* Caddy coupe de Vile It might be popular in the ghetto, but IMHO it looks really stupid. 22s look nice maybe on a Magnum, Charger, and some other newer models, but once the size goes beyond a 22" the wheel takes over the entire car and look like somebody is driving a wagon from a Gun Smoke episode.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-10-2011).]

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

It might be popular in the ghetto, but IMHO it looks really stupid.

Amen.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

The sign is right... its an Albatross!

Bwahahahahaha!

An Albatross!! With great big huge wheels!

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 06-10-2011).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
You guys just don't get it. You only see the negative. Can't you see how easy it is to change the oil, starter, fuel filter, etc. on it??
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
So someone thought fitting wheels that are larger than most heavy trucks run is a great idea... my brains hurt. Maybe on an SUV where the factory rolling diameter is that big anyway but on a Fiero? Geeehhhhh
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
The way I heard it, Fiero was a fun car to drive, until some idiot killed it.

Is it owned by this guy?
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Tell the truth Johny, it's your's isn't it.

------------------
Ron

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
That poor car. Other than the god awful wheels, the rest of the car looks like it is in good shape.

PFF
System Bot
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeDirect Link to This Post
as I said in the thread that originally had the listing for this car, i'd rock it the way it sits.
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post
It failed smog too, look in the back window.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
You know, if those were 18's or even 19's I think those wheels would look great! Rims that are 24" are over-kill to say the least. That Fiero looks in good condition too.

Wait, i'm guessing that has the Iron Duke in it. I wonder how it even moves wheels that large.

EDIT: Actually, I kinda like those rims! 4X4 Fiero!

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 06-10-2011).]

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Answer the question, the car is Smogged and fees are paid.

Sadly it was a super clean 84 before they cut it up to add these wheels.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005
Personally I think it looks like a HotWheels car.
Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

The way I heard it, Fiero was a fun car to drive, until some idiot killed it.

A quote from the greatest movie of all time!

You are the man

[This message has been edited by Pappy (edited 06-10-2011).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Lil troy.....Douche.

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 06-11-2011).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Sell the wheels to an SUV owner and enjoy a cheap close to free fiero.
PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sparkys 88GT:

All I can say is WTF were they thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

probably "SUV"
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
LOL....yes, yes...T'is true...its mine and it is the easiest Fiero I have ever gotten in or out of! I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 06-11-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post

Detroit is full of donkmobiles... people that care more about a strange look than correct or safe.

Its better than the silly late 90's trend of putting 12" wheels with low profiles on 4X4 trucks.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I did not think they made wheels that big with that small of a bolt pattern ?

we had an 84 in the shop that looked like a 4x4 at first but not this bad.

I say we chop the top and resale it as is oh, and don't forget the mud flaps
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Now that would be some funny sh--!
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Thanks Lil troy.....Douche.

aww come on, give him a break. He only called for 20" blades, not 24's.
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
I am most impressed by the fact that he installed $4000 worth of rims on a $2000 car and did not bother to fix the headlights. Talk about having your priorities backwards!

*edit... I could not think this morning apparently!

[This message has been edited by thedrue (edited 06-11-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
A friend of mine had a set of 24s on his Caddy SUV and the wheels were over 100 pounds each! He needed help when he experienced a flat tire. The extra weight caused the brake pads to wear out prematurely and his stopping distant increased. The majority of SUV owners over look the need to use larger rotors and calipers.

14" Brembo ; on a SUV.

My friend sold his gas guzzler once the gas reached $4 per gallon.
PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrDirect Link to This Post

A friend of mine had a set of 24s on his Caddy SUV and the wheels were over 100 pounds each! He needed help when he experienced a flat tire. The extra weight caused the brake pads to wear out prematurely and his stopping distant increased. The majority of SUV owners over look the need to use larger rotors and calipers.

My friend sold his gas guzzler once the gas reached $4 per gallon.

I'm fairly certain most manufacturers equip their SUV's with adequate brakes these days. The majority of SUV owners do not need larger than standard rotors and calipers. Even if they do get new wheels. And I'm fairly certain pad materials and sizes are chosen to give reasonable pad life without sacrificing every-day performance. I guess cheap off-brand pads could be a problem though. Especially if you're driving that thing like you're racing schumacher at nurburgring.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PerKr:

I'm fairly certain most manufacturers equip their SUV's with adequate brakes these days. The majority of SUV owners do not need larger than standard rotors and calipers. Even if they do get new wheels. And I'm fairly certain pad materials and sizes are chosen to give reasonable pad life without sacrificing every-day performance. I guess cheap off-brand pads could be a problem though. Especially if you're driving that thing like you're racing schumacher at nurburgring.

Yes. I agree that it's only a few which means at best most equip their SUV's using 20" and nothing beyond. Most if not all of the SUV owners here in CA are rolling way beyond 20's.

The tires weight has to be beyond the original OEM 20" tire. Factor in the after wheels chrome lip and diameter-I'm guessing the weight is far beyond the original specs. Like I said, I'm only going by what a few friends who own these ugly SUVs. They complain about the pads and brakes all of the time and not being able to stop the beast. Most slap on the wheels and bypass upgrading the brakes, rotors, and calipers.
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
I actually love it. That is so far into overkill that it's beautiful.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock